Brewer Fanatic

2021 Misc. MLB News

TURBO

Twins threw behind Mercedes tonight. This was TLR's response.

I don't know how you keep this clown. He's just telling teams to go and throw at his players based on any perceived slight. Would legitimately consider not taking the field if I was a player until this asshat is fired.

[sarcasm]Counsell to the White Sox for LaRussa and Tim Anderson, DFA LaRussa[/sarcasm]

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding LaRussa - I hate the personality, but love him as a manager. If it's simply about winning games on the field, the White Sox made a quality hire - many here will harpoon me for saying it but it's true. LaRussa will rank 2nd in MLB history to the likes of Connie Mack for total wins later this season, and on top of that he's in the top 30 in win percentage in MLB history for managers with over 1,000 wins. There's also a huge segment of White Sox fans that absolutely do not view his hiring and everything that he drags along with him persona-wise as bad for the team they root for.

Argue all you want against his unwritten rules nonsense - a big part of me thinks his teams never have really practiced what he preaches and it's a mental angle he presses to stay under the opponents' skin much more than a baseball manager should be, and to take heat off his own players. His personality is also the reason he can't seem to stay in one clubhouse forever for a manager with his record of success, so he gets in his own way from being universally regarded as the best in-game baseball manager there ever has been spanning multiple eras....but it's tough to argue the results.

How soon we forget how dickish the Cardinals were under LaRussa and all the little bones.

He is not a great manager, he has managed some good teams. He is just a tool.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Does it annoy anyone else that MLB Network is basically just a national Dodgers network? I get their options for games are limited late at night but I can’t remember the last time they had a late night game that didn’t involve the Dodgers and it’s just really annoying to me. There are plenty of other interesting teams on the West Coast that could be showcased and they never are.

Does it annoy anyone else that MLB Network is basically just a national Dodgers network? I get their options for games are limited late at night but I can’t remember the last time they had a late night game that didn’t involve the Dodgers and it’s just really annoying to me. There are plenty of other interesting teams on the West Coast that could be showcased and they never are.

I agree. It would be nice to see the Angels with Trout, Ohtani, and Rendon or the Padres or Athletics since all of those teams are competitive.

Imagine having a player that was both Brandon Woodruff and Christian Yelich in one player. The Angels are so lucky to have Ohtani.

I saw a side by side of 2 pitches thrown to ohtani, one was around shoulder height while the other was ankle height...apparently both were hr. I'll edit my post and add the link if I can find it tomorrow. The guy is a walking cheat code.

Imagine having a player that was both Brandon Woodruff and Christian Yelich in one player. The Angels are so lucky to have Ohtani.

I saw a side by side of 2 pitches thrown to ohtani, one was around shoulder height while the other was ankle height...apparently both were hr. I'll edit my post and add the link if I can find it tomorrow. The guy is a walking cheat code.

I'm just so glad he didn't end up with the Dodgers. Or Cubs. Or any NL team.

The Angels are always harmless enough, somehow. You would think a team that starts every season with Mike Trout and Shohei Ohtani on their roster could figure out a way to win.

The absolute worst thing about this was 2+ years ago when they would show the nightly Dodger game (as you indicate) and SportsNet LA was battling with the rest of the cable providers and MLB Network would be blacked out most nights for 80% of us in Southern California. So either you watched the Angels or had to pay for MLB Extra Innings to get your baseball fix.

Luckily, the situation has been remedied and now SportsNet LA is on Directv and other providers now.

It always seems to be about the pitching for the Angels. They've allowed the most runs in all of MLB this year. Not that I'd want to do this obviously, but imagine what they'd give up to get a Burnes or Woodruff.

Jo Adell, Brandon Marsh, Anthony Rendon (pay 1/2 of his contract), David Fletcher and Reid Detmers as a starting point.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Add "aggressively taking off shirt" to list of weird baseball injuries (most of which probably happened some other way):

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Add "aggressively taking off shirt" to list of weird baseball injuries (most of which probably happened some other way):

I shouldn't laugh because I hurt my back at least once a year from aggressively tossing and turning in bed but I also couldn't help but laugh.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Joe West just made Gallegos of the Cards change hats because it clearly had a big spot of pine tar on the brim.

He confiscated the hat but let him stay in the game…….kicked out Shildt though which was fun.

Got a feeling they're gonna crack down on that as the season rolls on.

Oh yeah, gotta love Shildt's comments-

"This is baseball's dirty little secret, and it's the wrong time and the wrong arena to expose it"

Pretty much a flat-out admission of cheating.

I think the Brewers should have a forum the next time they go to St. Louis where they can teach the Cardinals the RIGHT WAY to play the game.

Oh yeah, gotta love Shildt's comments-

"This is baseball's dirty little secret, and it's the wrong time and the wrong arena to expose it"

Pretty much a flat-out admission of cheating.

What's the right time and right place? Some other time in a place where the Cardinals are not playing?

Community Moderator

Just a totally not random at all sampling of how some ex-Cardinals hitters have been doing post-STL...

Luke Voit | 942 PAs | 139 OPS+

Carson Kelly | 619 PAs | 113 OPS+

Randy Arozarena | 289 PAs | 144 OPS+

Adolis Garcia | 185 PAs | 143 OPS+