Brewer Fanatic

2021 Misc. MLB News

TURBO

Sounds like Trevor Bauer needs to sit down and have a long, hard conversation with guys like Yadier Molina and Madison Bumgarner so they can tell him how wrong he is.

"If you give up a homer, a guy should celebrate it. It’s hard to hit in the big leagues.

So I’m all for it, and I think that it’s important that the game moves in that direction and that we stop throwing at people because they celebrated having some success on the field.”

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are we sure the Pirates are the worst team in baseball?

Run differential says they are 3rd worst in the nl beg nd mets and nationals. Run differential is usually a better indicator than record at this point (although blowouts do tend mess it up a bit). I just don't see the pirates pitching holding up but maybe they will be a team that gets better as the year goes on. The reality is their run differential could move closer to middle of the road and their record might now get a ton better.

Bigger question is what on earth is going on with the Twins? Currently bottom 3 in record and bottom 10 in run differential. Didn't see that coming

Jimmy Nelson just blew a 2 run lead in the 9th......and still isn’t out of the inning.

He got through the 10th inning unscathed. That wasn’t his best outing, but they also weren’t hitting rockets off him. The handful of times I’ve seen Nelson pitch this year he’s shown glimpses of him turning into a pretty good reliever.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Rockies GM Jeff Bridich has resigned according to Jeff Passan. Bridich is originally from Whitefish Bay (Marquette HS).

The Brewers haven’t made a trade with the Rockies since 2004, hopefully this increases the likelihood of one happening down the road.

Edit: Statement from the Rockies...

Ez6uSDiUcAIjQfs?format=jpg&name=small

Not just “at Night” anymore.

About time. The Rockies have kind of been operating on their own wave length for some time now.

This FanGraphs article from last week is actually about the Royals, but it has a handy chart comparing payroll vs wins from 2007-2020, which serves as a pretty good proxy for the job Attanasio has done versus the Manaforts since they bought their respective teams in 2004/05...

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/yes-the-royals-can-win-the-al-central/

Brewers come in down at 24th in payroll yet up at 10th in wins, while the Rockies spent the 18th most on payroll (about 110 million more than the Brewers) to win the 22nd most games (77 fewer than the Brewers).

If you hate the Yankees you will enjoy the umpires refusing a challenge and Boone getting about as mad as I have seen a manager in awhile. The Yankees took too long to request a challenge and when the umpires said, "That's it, were done!" Boone panicked trying to challenge before hearing back from their replay guy, but the umpire did not allow it to be replayed. Wish they would give the same middle finger to managers that want challenges when they already wasted their own.

About time. The Rockies have kind of been operating on their own wave length for some time now.

This FanGraphs article from last week is actually about the Royals, but it has a handy chart comparing payroll vs wins from 2007-2020, which serves as a pretty good proxy for the job Attanasio has done versus the Manaforts since they bought their respective teams in 2004/05...

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/yes-the-royals-can-win-the-al-central/

Brewers come in down at 24th in payroll yet up at 10th in wins, while the Rockies spent the 18th most on payroll (about 110 million more than the Brewers) to win the 22nd most games (77 fewer than the Brewers).

Great article. Have to give the Rays credit for the 30th in payroll and 5th most wins.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/31379380/oakland-athletics-jesus-luzardo-suffers-broken-hand-playing-video-game

"accidentally bumped the table and broke his pinky while playing a video game"

COme on..... how dumb do they think people are? He was getting lit up while playing fortnite and punched something.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/31379380/oakland-athletics-jesus-luzardo-suffers-broken-hand-playing-video-game

"accidentally bumped the table and broke his pinky while playing a video game"

COme on..... how dumb do they think people are? He was getting lit up while playing fortnite and punched something.

Or giving someone a hook to the mouth.

Braves give Drew Smyly a 1 year, 11 million dollar deal. Doesn't look like they are going to go "cheap" this off-season. 11 million dollars for Drew Smyly. Over the last five years (missed 2017 and 2018), Smyly has thrown 315 2/3 innings with a 5.25 ERA, 82 ERA+, 1.37 WHIP and 4.92 FIP. A pretty big chunk of money for 26 1/3 really good innings in 2020 (note that the home park was in San Francisco, generally thought to be MLB's best environment for left-handed pitchers).

I guess it's safe to say that COVID-19 has not crippled the Braves finances.

Was taking a look at his stats today and he has given up 17 runs in 19 innings, including 9 home runs!

Verified Member
So why did the Cubs and Dodgers play 7 innings in the first game of the DH and 9 innings in the 2nd game?

Anybody?

Really? Because it was tied after the 7th inning and tied after the 8th inning and if the Cubs don't score they're going to play *gasp* a 10th inning.

MLB is now handing out suspensions for "inciting the benches to clear". I guess I don't have a problem with that as last as they are consistent but I doubt they will be. Yadi should have been suspended twice already this year and probably should be just about every other week but I'm sure he never will.

MLB is now handing out suspensions for "inciting the benches to clear". I guess I don't have a problem with that as last as they are consistent but I doubt they will be. Yadi should have been suspended twice already this year and probably should be just about every other week but I'm sure he never will.

I like how Javier Baez came flying out of the dugout charging at Garrett, flipping him the bird, and he just gets a fine, but Amir Garrett gets a 7 game (!) suspension for "inciting the benches to clear". Ridiculous, and you're absolutely on point about Yadi.