Brewer Fanatic

Brewers sign Daniel Robertson- 1 Year Deal, $900,000

markedman5
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Robertson is still Arby's eligible, so I'd guess his contract is guranteed to the same extent as any other Arby's deal.

Cut him by x-date & you only have to pay him 30 roast beefs sandwiches, cut him after x-date but before opening day & you only have to pay him 45 roast beef sandwiches.

Contract does not become fully guaranteed unless he makes the OD roster.

Ha! I needed this...

• 2 weeks later...
I’m sure it’s been mentioned here somewhere but how is Robertson’s defense at 3B? I think I’m starting to accept that he might be our starting 3B. Or at the very least in some sort of platoon which is ok I guess.

I would love to see Brad Miller added to platoon with Robertson, could be very productive.

I’m sure it’s been mentioned here somewhere but how is Robertson’s defense at 3B? I think I’m starting to accept that he might be our starting 3B. Or at the very least in some sort of platoon which is ok I guess.

Looking at Fangraphs, his best position seems to be second base. He looks around average to slightly below average at 3B and probably shouldn't play much SS, especially with Arcia and Urias on the roster. He has limited time in the OF, where he has looked good, but it's only 38.1 innings.

If 2019 was just a down year because of injuries and he's really a .750-.800 OPS guy with good on-base skills like he was in 2018 and in limited play last year, then I'd say people will be just fine with his defense at third base. If 2018 was a fluke and he's really a low-.600's OPS guy like he was in 2017 and 2019, then his defense isn't nearly good enough to keep him on the field.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

• 4 months later...
will daniel robertson get the brock holt treatment and be dfa'd?

holt with the brewers: .100 / .222 / .100

robertson with the brewers: .138 / .275 / .276

I would rather have Robertson than Peterson and Lopes. Really comes down to him and Reyes and I think I prefer Robertson, ever so slightly, but not enough to care.

will daniel robertson get the brock holt treatment and be dfa'd?

holt with the brewers: .100 / .222 / .100

robertson with the brewers: .138 / .275 / .276

Robertson has looked fine in limited playing time after coming back of the IL. The fact that it's very limited means we can't really draw too many conclusions about it, but his career numbers are perfectly good for a utility guy. And with Peterson, Reyes and Lopes also on the roster (With the last two being optionable) I think they're more likely to be gone before DRob is. And as bad as Robertsons overall stat line is, a 50 point gap in OBP and 150 point gap in SLG is massive.

I've been kind of disappointed in Robertson after reading about how he was working out with Justin Turner in the off-season and developing his hitting in the same mold as Turner.

Instead, he's just been mold.

He was a player that I was kind of excited to see what he could do if he was given a chance to play full-time. Instead, Shaw won the job and got all the playing time.

Oh, well.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Robertson has looked fine in limited playing time after coming back of the IL. The fact that it's very limited means we can't really draw too many conclusions about it, but his career numbers are perfectly good for a utility guy. And with Peterson, Reyes and Lopes also on the roster (With the last two being optionable) I think they're more likely to be gone before DRob is. And as bad as Robertsons overall stat line is, a 50 point gap in OBP and 150 point gap in SLG is massive.

I wouldn't have believed you if I didn't look myself but yes 200/407/550 is fine as an utility guy since he came back. I can't see him being gone until Lopes and Reyes are sent back down first at the very least and hopefully he can produce in the mean time.

Archived