Brewer Fanatic

Francisco Lindor & Carlos Carrasco Traded to Mets

Eye Black
This is just sickening and really terrible time to be a brewers fan.

I think this is a great time to be a Brewerfan.

For a franchise that has long struggled to produce any pitching of note, we look to have two legit top of the rotation caliber pitchers in Woodruff & Burnes, plus probably the best two headed shutdown relief tandem in all of MLB with Williams & Hader. I agree, their stuff is pretty sickening. Filth the likes of which we've rarely ever seen.

Look around the rest of the NL Central: the Pirates are probably the worst team in baseball, the Cubs were suppossed to have a Dynasty in the making that we for all intense porpoises put to an end in Game 163 of 2018, the Reds are already down one Cy Young winner plus their closer from last year. The Cardinals are still the Cardinals but even they could look a lil different with no Molina/Wainwright for the first time in forever.

The Brewers, conversley, have lost no one of real consequence from 2020 & have pretty much an entire lineup due for significant positive regression in 2021 with probably enough change in the couch cushions to still make a couple two tree additions yet before the season starts.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For a franchise that has long struggled to produce any pitching of note, we look to have two legit top of the rotation caliber pitchers in Woodruff & Burnes, plus the best two headed shutdown relief tandem ever in all of MLB with Williams & Hader. I agree, their stuff is pretty sickening. Filth the likes of which we've rarely ever seen.

Look around the rest of the NL Central: the Pirates are probably the worst team in baseball, the Cubs were suppossed to have a Dynasty in the making that we for all intense porpoises put to an end in Game 163 of 2018, the Reds are already down one Cy Young winner plus their closer from last year. The Cardinals are still the Cardinals but even they could look a lil different with no Molina/Wainwright for the first time in forever.

The Brewers, conversley, have lost no one of real consequence from 2020 & have pretty much an entire lineup due for significant positive regression in 2021 with probably enough change in the couch cushions to still make a couple two tree additions yet before the season starts.

Fixed

For a franchise that has long struggled to produce any pitching of note, we look to have two legit top of the rotation caliber pitchers in Woodruff & Burnes, plus probably the best two headed shutdown relief tandem in all of MLB with Williams & Hader. I agree, their stuff is pretty sickening. Filth the likes of which we've rarely ever seen.

I agree with Sveumrules. I think people are way too down based on last season's offensive numbers. If Yelich has turned into a bad hitter, then we're in trouble, but I'm still going to believe that he and a lot of the other players on the team are better than they showed in 2020.

I hope we find at least one decent corner infielder before the offseason is over, but our biggest offensive boost has to come from last year's underperformers getting back to where they should be.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Some of you act like it is a crime to be disappointed in what is going on this off season...

Being a fan means a lot of different things to different people.

Some can paint it all like a rose and act like everything is fine, some take the opposite approach and react like the sky is falling. Thereare those in between, but you can't ridicule those who feel one way or the other.

Some of the lecturing that takes place here is ridiculous...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Well, there is plenty of room for you on the Mets bandwagon, just like there was plenty of room on the Reds bandwagon last year, and the Phillies bandwagon the year before that.

Really, is the snarkiness warranted here?

Dude is a Brewers fan obviously, this comment is just a bit over the top.

Sorry, I think this is mis-characterizing quite a bit. If the same people 'have the right' to post their disappointment over and over in every thread, people with opposing views equally have the right to point out why they disagree with that take.

The constant whining is what makes it not fun. The same posters cloud up every thread, no matter the topic, whining that the Brewers are going to stink and they don't ever spend money. So spare me the stance you're taking because you are one of the worst when it comes to this stuff.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

The most interesting angle of the Lindor trade for me will be seeing how intent he is on testing free agency.

Mookie Betts had 3,629 PAs with a 134 OPS+ & 41.8 WAR heading into his age 27 walk year, it cost the Dodgers 12/365 to make sure he didn't hit the market.

Nolan Arenado had 3,695 PAs with a 121 OPS+ & 30.8 WAR heading into his age 28 walk year, it cost the Rockies 8/260 to make sure he didn't hit the market.

Lindor has 3,510 PAs with a 117 OPS+ & 28.7 WAR heading into his age 27 walk year. I'd guess he's gonna want at least 10/300 from Stevie C to forego FA.

The most interesting angle of the Lindor trade for me will be seeing how intent he is on testing free agency.

Mookie Betts had 3,629 PAs with a 134 OPS+ & 41.8 WAR heading into his age 27 walk year, it cost the Dodgers 12/365 to make sure he didn't hit the market.

Nolan Arenado had 3,695 PAs with a 121 OPS+ & 30.8 WAR heading into his age 28 walk year, it cost the Rockies 8/260 to make sure he didn't hit the market.

Lindor has 3,510 PAs with a 117 OPS+ & 28.7 WAR heading into his age 27 walk year. I'd guess he's gonna want at least 10/300 from Stevie C to forego FA.

There's also the upcoming CBA. Depending on how that plays out, players may expect to get even more money. Imagine if the luxury tax threshold was abolished, or at least raised significantly. Then big market teams would have a boatload of extra money to spend.

As a pending free agent that is already making $22,000,000 this season, I might hold out for free agency rather than signing an extension.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Sorry, I think this is mis-characterizing quite a bit. If the same people 'have the right' to post their disappointment over and over in every thread, people with opposing views equally have the right to point out why they disagree with that take.

Agreed.

It's just hard to tell someone who thinks the sky is falling that they are wrong, or bad fans because of how they think...

The constant whining is what makes it not fun. The same posters cloud up every thread, no matter the topic, whining that the Brewers are going to stink and they don't ever spend money. So spare me the stance you're taking because you are one of the worst when it comes to this stuff.

I disagree, but that is also part of being in discussion.

Well, there is plenty of room for you on the Mets bandwagon, just like there was plenty of room on the Reds bandwagon last year, and the Phillies bandwagon the year before that.

Really, is the snarkiness warranted here?

Dude is a Brewers fan obviously, this comment is just a bit over the top.

He's telling a group of Brewer fans that "this is sickening and a terrible time to be a brewers fan" on a site literally called Brewerfan.net, and I'm the one who's over the top? Gotcha.

Back to Lindor ... he's a great piece, but let's not discount what the Mets are giving up. The three prospects would be rated #1-3 in our system.

He's telling a group of Brewer fans that "this is sickening and a terrible time to be a brewers fan" on a site literally called Brewerfan.net, and I'm the one who's over the top? Gotcha.

It's an opinion, just because you don't agree with it, doesn't make it wrong...

Correct. I never once told him it was wrong. Perhaps I didn't state my rebuttal as eloquently as I should have, but I was attempting to point out a couple teams that have made big, splashy moves the last two seasons who he was welcome to become a fan of since he seems to appreciate they way they construct their rosters compared to the Brewers. Those teams, however, haven't had the level of success that the Brewers have had in that time.

Correct. I never once told him it was wrong. Perhaps I didn't state my rebuttal as eloquently as I should have, but I was attempting to point out a couple teams that have made big, splashy moves the last two seasons who he was welcome to become a fan of since he seems to appreciate they way they construct their rosters compared to the Brewers. Those teams, however, haven't had the level of success that the Brewers have had in that time.

Which makes him wrong... It's not an opinion. It was a chance to whine away because no moves have been made that he likes or wants. It's annoying and does nothing for the discussion on these boards. Take it to Twitter or some other social media site and stop dragging down the board with your Brewer fandom sorrows.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Back to Lindor ... he's a great piece, but let's not discount what the Mets are giving up. The three prospects would be rated #1-3 in our system.

I like Gimenez, and while he's not as good as Lindor, they'll get more WAR from five years of Gimenez than they gave up in one year of Lindor. Rosario was a good late addition to the trade. He hasn't lived up to his prospect potential, but he's a MLB player who can help the team during their rebuild.

The prospects are talented but young. Sounds like Wolf's draft status moved up when he hit 97 on the radar gun, but really needs to develop his secondary pitches, while Green is an athletic speedster who's "baseball skills" need a lot of polish. Unfortunately, like most young players they lost a year of development due to the Covid lockdown. Both have a lot of potential, and we'll see where they go from here. I don't think they'd be in the top three of Brewers' prospects, but they'd be good prospects to have.

Getting two MLB players back probably reduced the "prospect haul," but Gimenez was #7 in the Rookie of the Year voting last year, so he's not a bad guy to have on the roster.

~Bill Walsh

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2021/01/francisco-lindor-open-to-extension-but-wont-negotiate-during-season.html

MLBTraderumors is saying that Lindor is open to an extension, but won't negotiate during the season. In other words, the Mets have a month or so to sign him to an extension, or he's going to be a free agent at the end of the season.

~Bill Walsh

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2021/01/francisco-lindor-open-to-extension-but-wont-negotiate-during-season.html

MLBTraderumors is saying that Lindor is open to an extension, but won't negotiate during the season. In other words, the Mets have a month or so to sign him to an extension, or he's going to be a free agent at the end of the season.

In other words what every player says when they are traded before their walk year and then doesn't resign.

In other words what every player says when they are traded before their walk year and then doesn't resign.

Yeah, I thought the same thing. The Mets are going to have to overwhelm him with an offer, or he's going to play out his "team control" and test the market.

I'd guess that other teams knew this, which made it harder for Cleveland to negotiate in trade talks. Everyone always wants more in return, but overall I think they did alright. At the very least, they got two young guys who will play competently at the MLB level with the potential to be above-average. That's eight MLB seasons for one year of Lindor. If one of the young guys makes it, then they really did well in this trade.

If the Mets don't make the playoffs this year, and then they lose Lindor, what did they really gain?

~Bill Walsh

You do understand that their is No way they going to be able to afford Those 2 starters and Relievers once they reach the time for new Deals unless you have the rest of the team made up of cheap players.

Archived