Brewer Fanatic

Ty France

What do we think of Ty France as a trade target?

He’s 26 years and has some major league experience playing 3B, 2B, and even 1B.

His career minor league slash line was .294 BA / .389 OBP / .470 SLG

Davenport’s 2021 projection system has him as a 2.2 WAR player (in 499 ABs) with a projected slash line of .255 / .335 / .465 including 25 home runs

ZiPS 2021 projection system has him as a 2.6 WAR player (in 508 ABs) with a projected slash line of .268 / .335 / .437 including 18 home runs

He was traded to the Mariners back at the trade deadline as part of the deal that sent Austin Nola to the Padres. The Mariners don’t appear to have a current opening for him on the infield (although he could serve as their primary DH). It would likely mean trading a decent prospect (or the comp A draft pick) for him.

I’m intrigued to see if he can continue to produce as a solid contributor if given a larger (and more consistent) role. Projection systems seem to think so.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Stearns likes Mariners. Looking at his splits he would make a good platoon partner for Gyorko.

I don't think you bench a promising young RH hitter with control against LH pitching because he struggled some against them in a small sample. That being said, I think the Mariners see him as a core player and his price would be high. I don't see Brewers making that move.

Archived