Brewer Fanatic

Any real talk or Rumors for the Crew

Yeah I thought this was settled a few days ago when the union rejected the owner’s latest proposal and it was announced the season would start on time and there would be no universal DH, etc?

Correct, Spring training starts in two weeks and regular season starts on 4/1.

It's a negotiation where the first offer was rejected; I don't recall hearing the owners say they were giving up. Only that the player's union rejected the first offer and stated they will continue to prepare for the beginning of the season as scheduled, which is nothing more than what you'd expect them to say to keep their leverage.

With the patchwork regulations across the country re: in-person gatherings I'm sure it is somewhat important to the owners to mitigate the anticipated loss of playing with no paying fans or far fewer fans than are typical. With the acrimony of last season, it is probably good for both sides to work something out so they have at least some common ground as the current labor agreement expires later this year.

Owners would be wasting their time with more proposals, MLBPA will just keep rejecting.

And see the post above.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like it. I've been worried so much about the offense, it would be a nice bonus to have a little more stability in the rotation as well. Although he's another guy that has continuous issues with blisters, isn't he? Regardless he's been very effective when he is on the field.

2018-20:

TBZdbvI.png

Neither Wong nor Hill would be glitzy but they're solid and probably good from a cost-value standpoint. All things considered, I'd take Anderson over Hill -- more effective and spends less time injured.

So hypothetically if you traded Hiura to Cleveland for Ramirez, who else would you have to add to make it happen?

I would prefer Matt Chapman in Oakland.

Would seem to cost less in prospect capital and you arguably would be able to do Chapman (who is a FA after 2023) for Hiura (who isn't a FA until after 2025) + maybe someone like Tristen Lutz. The cost control of Hiura and additional 2 years of control might balance some of the prospect capital for Oakland.

So hypothetically if you traded Hiura to Cleveland for Ramirez, who else would you have to add to make it happen?

Would seem to cost less in prospect capital and you arguably would be able to do Chapman (who is a FA after 2023) for Hiura (who isn't a FA until after 2025) + maybe someone like Tristen Lutz. The cost control of Hiura and additional 2 years of control might balance some of the prospect capital for Oakland.

Has there been an actual indication that the A's are taking offers/interested in moving Chapman, or is it just a hypothetical? There has at least been chatter about Ramirez.

Has there been an actual indication that the A's are taking offers/interested in moving Chapman, or is it just a hypothetical? There has at least been chatter about Ramirez.

Purely hypothetical on my part.

Chapman fits the profile of a player the A's can't afford soon given the salary increases he will be due in arbitration. If the A's can get a hitter that profiles to be as good or better than Chapman like Hiura, plus the reduction in salary, plus the ability to put him at 2B or DH, AND the extra two years of control, I would think they would have some interest.

Pure speculation on my part based on the history of how they have operated in the past.

I guess we're gonna see if Robertson is the real deal at 3B...

Tom (@Haudricourt) Tweeted:

With Hiura likely the everyday first baseman but Daniel Vogelbach available as LH option, #Brewers expect to have plenty of pop at that position. We'll see what they do at 3B but they are not opposed to giving Luis Urias and/or Daniel Robertson a chance to win that job.

Idk, I like Robertson, just don't think he's the right answer as our everyday 3B.

With Hiura likely the everyday first baseman but Daniel Vogelbach available as LH option, #Brewers expect to have plenty of pop at that position. We'll see what they do at 3B but they are not opposed to giving Luis Urias and/or Daniel Robertson a chance to win that job.

Idk, I like Robertson, just don't think he's the right answer as our everyday 3B.

It's certainly a risk, but I don't think anyone should be surprised that, given the financial state of the team and the odd situation they are in coming off a year of pretty large financial losses, they are likely going to have to take some cost-cutting risks.

It's certainly a risk, but I don't think anyone should be surprised that, given the financial state of the team and the odd situation they are in coming off a year of pretty large financial losses, they are likely going to have to take some cost-cutting risks.

Right, but there's definitely 3B out there who could be had on the cheap... Give me anyone of Gyorko, Asdrubal Cabrera, etc.

I for one definitely did not see Keston as our 2021 1B... I sure hope he hits like a 1B.

I'd say that based on how out of the blue the Wong signing happened, taking Tom's assumption that Hiura is the 1B discounts how truly little information Stearns and co let leak out. Wouldn't shock me if they've got more stuff in the fire that we haven't heard about because no one has heard about it.

I wouldn’t read too much into anything Haudricourt says. He doesn’t know anything.

I wouldn’t read too much into anything Haudricourt says. He doesn’t know anything.

Considering Wong's signing was announced roughly 25 minutes after the first reports that the Brewers were even interested, I think it's safe to say that no one knows anything in regards to what the Brewers are working on.

Have seen that we've shown interest in Folty recently.

Links are always helpful/encouraged!

https://www.brewcrewball.com/2021/2/4/22264134/milwaukee-brewers-free-agent-target-mike-foltynewicz

Article doesn't mention the Brewers as attending the workout, just a potential target.

Thanks- I think that's an important distinction, as that article reads more like a 'the Brewers should pursue Folty' opinion piece rather than confirmation they actually are.

And I have no idea who Al's Cheesy Beef is, but you are correct that that twitter account notes Brewer interest. Doesn't seem anything close to reliable, though?

Thanks- I think that's an important distinction, as that article reads more like a 'the Brewers should pursue Folty' opinion piece rather than confirmation they actually are.

And I have no idea who Al's Cheesy Beef is, but you are correct that that twitter account notes Brewer interest. Doesn't seem anything close to reliable, though?

Apparently he has some inside info, he's working to confirm who Folty signed with.

Apparently he has some inside info, he's working to confirm who Folty signed with.

As most of us here can painfully attest, be very wary of random people online that claim to have inside info, as it's completely unverifiable and usually 100% garbage.

Archived