Brewer Fanatic

Any real talk or Rumors for the Crew

Back to my point, Haudricourt is a fine journalist. Many fans want him to be something else.

That's a much more direct way of making the point. Thanks. I agree and still took a tangent.

I’m the same way...normally if I can write it in 20 words, I’ll use 200. Totally agree that this is the news cycle in general.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw a report this morning that said that with Manfred speaking out yesterday telling teams to prepare as if Spring Training will begin on time next month, it is believed that a large swath of fringy-type players (and perhaps some that are above that level) are expected to sign split contracts in the coming week in order to map out their futures and get into high-gear offseason training.

It's David Stearns season, everyone!!!

This is at least a change of pace. Some of the White Sox Twitterati think the Brewers or Reds and the Sox could be working on a trade involving Nick Madrigal, Codi Heuer and others package for a starting pitcher.

Woodruff and Burns aren’t going anywhere so can’t imagine who it would be on the Brewers end. Peralta? Hauser? Hader would probably make more sense but not sure if the White Sox would be after Hader after just signing Hendriks.

This is at least a change of pace. Some of the White Sox Twitterati think the Brewers or Reds and the Sox could be working on a trade involving Nick Madrigal, Codi Heuer and others package for a starting pitcher.

Woodruff and Burns aren’t going anywhere so can’t imagine who it would be on the Brewers end. Peralta? Hauser? Hader would probably make more sense but not sure if the White Sox would be after Hader after just signing Hendriks.

The number of people who think its Woody is hilarious. :laughing I'm thinking it's more likely with the Reds with Gray being the target for Madrigal and Heuer.

The number of people who think its Woody is hilarious. :laughing I'm thinking it's more likely with the Reds with Gray being the target for Madrigal and Heuer.

Their fans have been speculating the White Sox are trying to get Woodruff since the trade deadline this past season. The funny part is they are grossly underestimating what an opening offer would need to be just to get the conversation started. I won’t say they wouldn’t listen on offers for him, but the Brewers certainly aren’t trading Woodruff for a Madrigal caliber headliner.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Their fans have been speculating the White Sox are trying to get Woodruff since the trade deadline this past season. The funny part is they are grossly underestimating what an opening offer would need to be just to get the conversation started. I won’t say they wouldn’t listen on offers for him, but the Brewers certainly aren’t trading Woodruff for a Madrigal caliber headliner.

Right now they think Heuer is the headliner.

I wonder how many bargain bin deals this would mean

Doesn't really say anything though Haudricourt isn't really the best source for Brewers rumors or speculations. He hardly ever breaks anything concerning the Brewers actually I can't remember when Tom was the first to report anything on the Brewers that wasn't just a press release for the Brewers. The Brewers have actually become even more tight lipped in terms of information on who they are going after....

So many people love to rip thoughtlessly on Haudricourt. It's tired at minimum, cheap at best. I doubt if any of us were in TH's shoes, we'd be privy to any more info we could report that he doesn't. Beat writers also get some off-the-record info but they'd be foolish to put it out there -- yeah, they'd get props at first for leaking it, but they'd screw themselves out of future scoops (and really the chances to do their job in the way they'd most want to) because they broke their sources' trust. It's a balancing act that requires intelligence and respect.

It's pretty obvious the national writers that break stuff have sources that are more often connected to agents and other angles that many local beat writers don't.

The WI sports writers still end up breaking fewer big Packers scoops than Mortensen, Schefter, and other national guys. Why are Packers beat writers above criticism?

Stearns' comments today seem pretty encouraging. He's usually pretty honest in his overall characterizations of off-season activity. And he's equally adept at not compromising his bargaining leverage or breaking tampering rules.

Haudricourt's personality just really sucks for his job. He's brash and condescending, and on the flip side, he has extremely thin skin and will shut down and block you if you upset him in any way.

I understand that he's not going to be big on breaking news and I don't care about that. McCalvy and Rosiak don't do any more of that than Tom H, and as Plush said, you don't hear anyone complaining about them.

I'll take Madrigal and Vaughn off their hands for Hader, but definitely not for Woody.

Links always aid the conversation.

I'm guessing this is the thread this may be referring to?

and this one:

and this one:

Thank you.

and this one:

And from this cheesy beef loving Twitter user who goes on to claim in a follow-up post the teams are discussing a starting pitcher. If there was any merit to the speculation (which there most likely is not), I would love to see them think they’re getting Woodruff or Burnes and instead end up with Hauser.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

The one area where unfounded rumors has some worth is that it can prompt people to take a closer look at some of the names involved.

Is that release point unique enough for Stearns to be interested? The guy does have pretty good movement on those pitches, especially at 98 MPH.

Also a big fan of Nick Madrigal, but can he play anywhere other than second base? He and Hiura don't fit on the same roster unless there is a guaranteed DH.

Wonder if Hader for Vaughn and Heuer would work for both teams?

Don't know how interested the White Sox are going to be in Hader after signing Hendriks to that massive deal. They seem more interested in a starter.

Hader used to be a starter.

Archived