What's bugging you? 2021

hawing

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do people own pit bulls?

There was a very sad story in our local news about a woman in Shawano County who was killed by her ‘family’ dog. Every time I read a story like this, it’s never a Golden Retriever that flies off the handle.

https://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/story/news/2021/12/17/pit-bull-attack-wisconsin-woman-dies-saving-son-dog-attack-bowler-family-calls-her-hero/8918838002/

Every pit bull I’ve ever known has been a super sweetheart.

That said, yesterday after work I was shoveling the driveway out and neighbors warned me there was a pit and a shepherd running loose that had hurt some kids. If that’s true, I hate to say it but I hope those dogs are put down. I’ve had it with people leaving dangerous dogs loose in this down and I’ve had to kick my fair share of them while walking my dog to protect her.

Pit Bulls can be good dogs, but obviously they are much more prone and risky to snap. Of course German Shepards/Huskys are just as dangerous, but obviously they tend to be owned by people who train them properly. Buying a pit second hand is risky business.

The worst part about that specific story is the fact they bought a dog that was abused in the past and they have young kids. Not only that, but it was stated it already had shown aggressive behavior in their house. To have a dog with that aggression and history in a house with small kids is simply negligent.

Pit Bulls can be good dogs, but obviously they are much more prone and risky to snap. Of course German Shepards/Huskys are just as dangerous, but obviously they tend to be owned by people who train them properly. Buying a pit second hand is risky business.

The worst part about that specific story is the fact they bought a dog that was abused in the past and they have young kids. Not only that, but it was stated it already had shown aggressive behavior in their house. To have a dog with that aggression and history in a house with small kids is simply negligent.

It is not the dog's fault it is the owners. You can't fix stupid.

If you have the training, knowledge and patience to bring in dogs like pit bulls and other dangerous dogs then sure do it but if you don't have the time to get the training and knowledge on how to handle these dogs then please for the safety of everyone and the dog do not get them. Even smaller dogs are a pain in the butt and these same people make the same mistakes with them.

I often wonder why there are so many dogs in shelters. Are there that many bad owners out there? The answer is obviously yes.

Lotta dog hunters by me. If a dog isn't good enough some will just get shot by their owners and others will just be let loose in the woods to eventually starve to death, get hit by a car or get taken to a shelter. Sometimes they'll be run without their GPS collars and if the owner can't find them in a day or two they'll just quit bothering to look and just count on somebody else finding them and returning them even a week later. Letting the dogs tear apart a deer is a good way to train them and some hunters don't bother shooting the deer before it happens.

I recognize it takes some skill, but I can only do it for so long before I get fed up and quit.

That is probably for the best anyway...

Why would you start smoking now?

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Currently addicted to vaping (way way better than my former addiction to cigarettes). I like a cigar now and again but want to try pipes as a mellower and cheaper alternative to cigars. Pipes and cigars I don't have an addiction to.

Currently addicted to vaping (way way better than my former addiction to cigarettes). I like a cigar now and again but want to try pipes as a mellower and cheaper alternative to cigars. Pipes and cigars I don't have an addiction to.

Everything has an addiction it just depends on what stimulates your brain receptors. Everything from video games, sports, exercising, alcohol, drugs, etc. have some kind of an addiction to it. It all depends on the chemicals in your brain and how they react to what you are doing but smoking from a pipe is far less dangerous than smoking cigars or cigarettes. Mostly due to the chemicals that are found in cigarettes. While smoking in general is hazardous to your health if you can't quit smoking a pipe would be better as you know what you are packing in the pipe versus what is put in cigarettes.

Vaping is also not better than cigarettes. It is probably about the same as cigarettes again because of all of the chemicals that are added.

Addiction is because nicotine is an addictive substance. Not denying my addiction to nicotine. I love the stuff. Pipes and cigars I'm not addicted to because I don't have a mental or physical desire for them. Of course everyone is different.

Disagree on vaping being as bad as cigarettes. The best research on vaping has come from the British government, which has basically said that the danger of vaping is about 5% of what a cigarette is.

Glad I'm addiction-proof. Back in college, I tried to get hooked on cigarettes to see if it was as bad as everyone said. Just couldn't do it and stopped.

I probably have 3 a year.

This is our first Christmas since my Dad passed in April. Probably won't be fun this year...

Questions are a burden.   And answers a prison for one's self.

Everything has an addiction it just depends on what stimulates your brain receptors. Everything from video games, sports, exercising, alcohol, drugs, etc. have some kind of an addiction to it. It all depends on the chemicals in your brain and how they react to what you are doing but smoking from a pipe is far less dangerous than smoking cigars or cigarettes. Mostly due to the chemicals that are found in cigarettes. While smoking in general is hazardous to your health if you can't quit smoking a pipe would be better as you know what you are packing in the pipe versus what is put in cigarettes.

Vaping is also not better than cigarettes. It is probably about the same as cigarettes again because of all of the chemicals that are added.

Vaping is not even close to the same as cigarettes.

It's a way healthier alternative.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
This is our first Christmas since my Dad passed in April. Probably won't be fun this year...

Sorry to hear that ZF. Hope you can spend some time remembering the good stories about your Dad with your family and passing on a positive legacy of him to your kids (if you have them). Christmas can be a hard time for losses like this, but maybe you can turn it to a (small) positive that way. ("Positive" isn't the right word to use there, but I hope you understand my meaning).

The TSA is considering banning unruly passengers from pre-check privileges. This isn't already a thing? Imo, they should not only lose these privileges permanently, but also be banned from flying for a minimum of a year.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

We found out ten days before Christmas my brother has terminal cancer. 54 years old, doesn't drink, doesn't smoke, had regular checkups and generally lived a healthy lifestyle. Got operated on the Monday before Christmas and was released from the hospital on Christmas day. So I feel you on the joyless season. As you said though, we'll get through it. Nothing else to do but go on.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

We found out ten days before Christmas my brother has terminal cancer. 54 years old, doesn't drink, doesn't smoke, had regular checkups and generally lived a healthy lifestyle. Got operated on the Monday before Christmas and was released from the hospital on Christmas day. So I feel you on the joyless season. As you said though, we'll get through it. Nothing else to do but go on.

Sorry about your brother. Not sure how I'd handle it as my 2 brothers and I are pretty tight knit.

My dad had a rather massive firearms collection which we had to divy up. It took us 3 days as every time a gun would come up, we'd have some story about it. We didn't really fight over anythng as we all got something we wanted, so I'm glad we're so easy-going with each other.

Wishing you all the best.

Questions are a burden.   And answers a prison for one's self.

Do you get USA network? Will that channel have everything you watched on NBCSN?

Yes, I have access to USA. They say everything will transfer to USA. I'm just a bit skittish their offerings will diminish.

On top of that, Olympics coming up in a few weeks. One fewer outlet to show niche stuff.