Brewer Fanatic

What's bugging you? 2021

hawing

Mine did the same thing on the interstate once. I'll never buy low-profile tires again, so hard to tell when the air is low. I'll never buy another Hyundai, either, but that's a different matter.

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My brake line decided I wanted to start my weekend early. Who needs brakes anyways?

My tire (sidewall, sigh) decided to pop and give me an early day too. I was just praising my car for how well it was doing with regular maintenance. I think I jinxed it.

Hopefully it wasn't AWD so you have to buy 4 tires to replace.

Mine did the same thing on the interstate once. I'll never buy low-profile tires again, so hard to tell when the air is low. I'll never buy another Hyundai, either, but that's a different matter.

Good luck with that. Low profile tires seem to be pretty common anymore.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Hopefully it wasn't AWD so you have to buy 4 tires to replace.

Nope, FWD. Just replaced the one fortunately but I'll be keeping an eye on uneven wear.

There's a place that's based here in Chicago that sells used tires on-line. You can look up the brand/size/tread depth of your tire so that you don't have to replace all of them if you have AWD. I blew a tire on my SUV a couple of years ago and was able to find the same brand/size/tread depth (actually, not sure about brand, but was same size and depth) and I think it was $30 or $40 for the tire. I took the tire to the dealership and they put it on (I think for a small fee), but if you go to their shop they will put it on for you for $10.

A buddy of mine needed to replace all of his tires. He found four there that were almost new and spent $500 instead of over $1000. I think they sell on eBay, but they also have their own website.

I watched someone push their cart of groceries out to the cart stall in the parking lot which was about halfway to their car then pick out their groceries and walk them the rest of the way to the car. 2-3 bags of groceries. No milk or anything like that which would be heavy. This wasn't an old or disabled person. I mean how lazy are you if you could not have left your cart in the store.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Most of the grocery stores by me that I frequent are set up like a Menards. The In/Out are separate so leaving your cart by the out is probably more of an inconvenience than just putting it in the cart return. When people leave it in the store it isn't like they all get nicely stacked together. They just push them off to the side. 10 carts later it looks like a warzone.

Speaking of carts in lots one nice thing you can do is leave it up by a handicapped parking spot. I’ve known people, my late grandmother for example, who looked for the handicapped spot with a cart by it so that they could use it like a walker when they got out of the car.

That person is fine. There are plenty that leave their cart all over the parking lot so if it is left in the stall it is a win and not lazy.

No. It's being lazy and inconsiderate, not "fine". I don't know how else you would explain not taking the simple steps to put a cart back where it belongs when you are done using it so that it does not block a spot or possibly roll into someone's car. So many people out there who believe they are "special". I'm guessing I'm going to get responses stating certain cases where it's not being rude (someone who is disabled, etc). May be true, but clearly the minority of incidents of this behavior.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

That person is fine. There are plenty that leave their cart all over the parking lot so if it is left in the stall it is a win and not lazy.

No. It's being lazy and inconsiderate, not "fine". I don't know how else you would explain not taking the simple steps to put a cart back where it belongs when you are done using it so that it does not block a spot or possibly roll into someone's car. So many people out there who believe they are "special". I'm guessing I'm going to get responses stating certain cases where it's not being rude (someone who is disabled, etc). May be true, but clearly the minority of incidents of this behavior.

He is saying it is fine to leave it in the cart stall...where it belongs.

He isn't saying it is fine to leave it randomly in the lot or in a parking space.

He is saying it is fine to leave it in the cart stall...where it belongs.

He isn't saying it is fine to leave it randomly in the lot or in a parking space.

Oh - ha! Man, I need to learn how to read! Yes, in complete agreement with Outlander on that one then. Sorry!

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

No. It's being lazy and inconsiderate, not "fine".

Yeah, there's a certain selfishness that some people have. You wouldn't do it in your own home because there's nobody else to clean it up. But out in public your own mess is somebody else's problem.

People who are, for some reason, unable to modulate their voice based on the distance between them and the person they are talking to. If you are 15 or 20 feet away from me I should not be able to clearly hear your conversation. My wife and I like to take walks at Lapham Peak. Usually pretty peaceful, but then you run across the two people who are walking right next to each other but are basically shouting at each other, can hear them clearly50 yards down the path. I also come across this a lot in restaurants and on golf courses. Reminds me of this Wil Farrell character from SNL's weekend update:

People who are, for some reason, unable to modulate their voice based on the distance between them and the person they are talking to. If you are 15 or 20 feet away from me I should not be able to clearly hear your conversation. My wife and I like to take walks at Lapham Peak. Usually pretty peaceful, but then you run across the two people who are walking right next to each other but are basically shouting at each other, can hear them clearly50 yards down the path. I also come across this a lot in restaurants and on golf courses. Reminds me of this Wil Farrell character from SNL's weekend update:

I'm with you. People on planes talking way to loud on their phone is the worst of these offenders. People ten rows away don't really care to know when you arrive and how grandma is doing.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I'm with you. People on planes talking way to loud on their phone is the worst of these offenders. People ten rows away don't really care to know when you arrive and how grandma is doing.

Worse yet... doing it on speaker phone in public.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm getting more and more tired of working so many nights and weekends because it means I can't do any extra-curricular stuff like church and sports leagues on any regular basis.

I'm getting more and more tired of working so many nights and weekends because it means I can't do any extra-curricular stuff like church and sports leagues on any regular basis.

I've used this object lesson when teaching kids priorities:

- Fill a jar with rocks up to the top. Ask the kids, "Is it full?" -> They normally say yes.

- Add sand to the jar so that it fills the gaps between the rocks. "Now is it full?" -> normally some hesitancy....

- Pour water to fill the jar. "Now is it full?" -> Yes, it is full (unless you want to go into chemistry and gaps btw molecules...)

- Pull out another rock -> What would happen if I tried to fit the rock into the jar now? -> It will over flow

- How would I get this rock in? -> Point of the Lesson: Put the rocks in first.

What is your priority? Rarely does someone at the end of their life wish they had worked more.

- Fill a jar with rocks up to the top. Ask the kids, "Is it full?" -> They normally say yes.

- Add sand to the jar so that it fills the gaps between the rocks. "Now is it full?" -> normally some hesitancy....

- Pour water to fill the jar. "Now is it full?" -> Yes, it is full (unless you want to go into chemistry and gaps btw molecules...)

- Pull out another rock -> What would happen if I tried to fit the rock into the jar now? -> It will over flow

What is your priority? Rarely does someone at the end of their life wish they had worked more.

I use that object lesson as an analogy to my employees when they think I am overworking them. "See, you're not overworked, you can always fit in MORE!"

Well, I mean, I did use that lesson, when I had employees. Also, those rocks really hurt!

I use that object lesson as an analogy to my employees when they think I am overworking them. "See, you're not overworked, you can always fit in MORE!"

Well, I mean, I did use that lesson, when I had employees. Also, those rocks really hurt!

Underachiever: So how would you get this rock in...

Employee: I know.

Underachiever: NO! In the jar! In the j -mmebma;fmamdm;s

I'm in a Tuesday night golf league. More and more of the other 2 man teams that my partner and I golf against are playing music as we golf. Drives me nuts. If I ask if they would mind not playing the music then I look like the jerk. Its like if someone offered you a sandwich and you turned it down because you were not hungry or did not like the type of sandwich they were offering, but they insisted that you eat it and started physically forcing it down your throat. Except in this case, they don't even "offer" the music, they just immediately force it into your ears and appear offended if you ask them to turn it off.

I'm in a Tuesday night golf league. More and more of the other 2 man teams that my partner and I golf against are playing music as we golf. Drives me nuts. If I ask if they would mind not playing the music then I look like the jerk. Its like if someone offered you a sandwich and you turned it down because you were not hungry or did not like the type of sandwich they were offering, but they insisted that you eat it and started physically forcing it down your throat. Except in this case, they don't even "offer" the music, they just immediately force it into your ears and appear offended if you ask them to turn it off.

Absolutely hate that, but it could always be worse: you could be dealing with the group whose musical tastes you can hear from a hole or more away, because they don't care enough about anyone else on the course to operate their Bluetooth speaker with a modicum of restraint.