Brewer Fanatic

Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2021

hawing

Thanks for the heads up. That was fun. I entered every game I have a record of attending. I’ve seen 32 teams in 11 ballparks with the home team’s record being 137-128. The Brewers are 133-123. Of the 4 teams I’ve seen them play the most the Brewers are 10-16 against the Cardinals, 14-9 against the Pirates, 13-7 against the Reds, and 10-10 against the Cubs. I need to do some further cross checking as there are some more games I’ve been to.

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes I pull out all the old games I went to and try to challenge myself to remember one memorable moment from each. Luckily I haven't been to too many dud games where it was non eventful.

Some of my notable ones in recent years that weren't "big" games:

Cody Ransom Grand Slam

Giancarlo Stanton HBP in Face

Khris Davis Bernie's Slide HR (one of my favorite in person homeruns)

Ichiro's 500th Steal (Mattingly also pulled a pitcher after 7.2 innings of a no-hitter)

Brent Suter HR

To date (well, through 2019) I tried to note on the back of the ticket stub what was distinctive about the game. Sometimes there was nothing distinctive to report besides the score/winner-loser-save, etc.

We were at the Suter HR game and that definitely made the cut. :)

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I'm in the middle of watching training on tactical seatbelt removal. There's even names for the different methods of doing it: "The Claw" and "The Napoleon".

So, The Napoleon, do you exile the seatbelt to an island?

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Outrageous nicknames are discouraged on food delivery apps but the absurdity of some nicknames crack me up. I had a delivery to "Joe9mm" today

A good friend of mine is in a couple of moderately successful bands and played a private show a couple of years ago with Public Enemy.

A pizza delivery guy arrived and said, "I have an order for... (looks at delivery info), ugh, Flava Flav", and rolled his eyes expecting it to be a prank.

Needless to say his reaction was priceless when Flava Flav came out from around the corner to get his pizza.

Not sure if I've ever mentioned this here, but once I did an experiment at work where I wore the same clothes every day. They weren't flashy but also not totally plain. I bought an identical outfit so the constant washing would be easier. The experiment lasted 10 days and not one person noticed (I also asked around in case they just didn't say anything). I only ended the experiment because we had meetings and I didn't want to be called out by the CEO for it. I doubt the results would have been the same if I were a lady, but I thought it was interesting.

I bought a 6-pack of Bud Light Orange on clearance and I liked it. I would never admit that without the anonymity internet message boards provide.

Hate to break this to you, but you're not anonymous. We all know you're nodakfan17 ; )

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Not sure if I've ever mentioned this here, but once I did an experiment at work where I wore the same clothes every day. They weren't flashy but also not totally plain. I bought an identical outfit so the constant washing would be easier. The experiment lasted 10 days and not one person noticed (I also asked around in case they just didn't say anything). I only ended the experiment because we had meetings and I didn't want to be called out by the CEO for it. I doubt the results would have been the same if I were a lady, but I thought it was interesting.

Mark Zuckerberg wears a black t shirt and jeans every day (Unless he's in front of congress or something). He says it takes one decision off his plate every morning.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Mark Zuckerberg wears a black t shirt and jeans every day (Unless he's in front of congress or something). He says it takes one decision off his plate every morning.

Einstein was said to have done the same for the same reason.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

I thought Steve Jobs may have done the same thing, but when I researched his black turtleneck preference, the internet suggested Jobs wanted to introduce uniforms at Apple (which are apparently more common at Japanese tech companies). They idea was not well-received, but Jobs personally liked the black turtleneck look and adopted it as part of his personal brand.

When I work in the office (which I'm not..) I have a specific sequence for wearing my pants. From that, I pick a matching shirt and go. Normally doesn't take much time (if I'm awake...).

I keep a navy blazer at my office just in case I get roped into something important on short notice. As a consequence, 90% of my professional wardrobe (mostly khakis and button-down shirts) is designed to match that navy blazer.

Community Moderator
The basic strategy in tech (at least in the before times) was that you wanted to incentivize employees to stay at the office and work as long as possible. If you're wearing uncomfortable business clothes you want to get out of those ASAP...hence jeans and a t-shirt it is!

I thought Steve Jobs may have done the same thing, but when I researched his black turtleneck preference, the internet suggested Jobs wanted to introduce uniforms at Apple (which are apparently more common at Japanese tech companies). They idea was not well-received, but Jobs personally liked the black turtleneck look and adopted it as part of his personal brand.

The tactical turtleneck. The tactleneck.

I made brats for my co-workers, as many of them hadn't had a brat before (not in WI). Most of them preferred the hot dogs which somebody else made, and also put chili on the brats. I kept my mouth shut even though I wanted to tell them they were eating wrong.

I've never really adopted anything about Southern culture. I'm permanently a Wisconsinite. I don't want a 10-minute conversation with everyone I meet; bagels are better than biscuits; Braunschweiger is better than liver mush; and sweet tea is gross. I'll grant them that bluegrass music is pretty darn great, though.

Chili on brats? Yeeeeeech.

My wife liked to put grape jelly on brats before we met. I put an end to that and have never actually seen her put grape jelly on one.

I could see trying chili on brats (hey, it does make crappy hot dogs taste better), but JELLY??? Uhgggg.