Brewer Fanatic

Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2021

hawing

My boss is on vacation in Florida. It’s 28 degrees there this morning.

Speaking of Florida, I just found out talking to a vacationing friend that part of the panhandle in Florida is in the central time zone. That seems trippy to me.

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My boss is on vacation in Florida. It’s 28 degrees there this morning.

Speaking of Florida, I just found out talking to a vacationing friend that part of the panhandle in Florida is in the central time zone. That seems trippy to me.

The west border of Florida is almost in line with Lake Michigan. The central time zone is really fat at the bottom.

Most of the UP is in the eastern time zone to match the rest of Michigan. The only counties that are central time zone are the ones that border Wisconsin. So basically someone in Wisconsin could drive directly north and move time zones...actually one could even drive NW to end up in the eastern time zone.

I recall reading about how when people will run into him, he will stay in Shooter character.

In his twitter rebuttal I wish he'd looked at the camera when he sank the put and said "this is how we do it in the pros."

I am too lazy to look it up but I thought I remember seeing a video of him trying to get out of a ticket by saying he was Shooter McGavin.

I recall reading about how when people will run into him, he will stay in Shooter character.

In his twitter rebuttal I wish he'd looked at the camera when he sank the put and said "this is how we do it in the pros."

I'm sure it can't be easy for some, but embracing the old character you're famous for is probably healthy. The actors who really struggle emotionally seem to be the ones who run from what they're famous for.

• 2 weeks later...

I was going to post this a few weeks ago but I completely forgot.

My wife, my brother, and I went to a Buffalo Wild Wings for lunch. This was one of the first dining out experiences we've had since the pandemic. But anyways . . . we ordered wings and drinks and also ordered some of their fried cheese curds as an appetizer. They're always so good and I really like their dipping sauce.

But this time, the server brought out the dipping sauce and a cup of hot caramel. She said it's something they are testing and that it was really good. We were a bit skeptical.

Well, needless to say, my wife had 1 curd with the normal dipping sauce and about 43 with the caramel. It was absolutely delicious! Tasted like a funnel cake!

I wonder if this is a national thing or just a local thing.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

The saying you got to take the good with the bad always bugged me. Like someone needs to be forced to take the good because they already got the benefit of the bad? Seems like someone was counseling a sadomasochistic or something.
There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

I was going to post this a few weeks ago but I completely forgot.

My wife, my brother, and I went to a Buffalo Wild Wings for lunch. This was one of the first dining out experiences we've had since the pandemic. But anyways . . . we ordered wings and drinks and also ordered some of their fried cheese curds as an appetizer. They're always so good and I really like their dipping sauce.

But this time, the server brought out the dipping sauce and a cup of hot caramel. She said it's something they are testing and that it was really good. We were a bit skeptical.

Well, needless to say, my wife had 1 curd with the normal dipping sauce and about 43 with the caramel. It was absolutely delicious! Tasted like a funnel cake!

I wonder if this is a national thing or just a local thing.

This is wild and I can't imagine liking it..... but that's pretty crazy that once you tried it you couldn't go back.

Anyone remember the '80s game show Win, Lose or Draw? Apparently they did market specific episodes, and the Milwaukee one made its way to YouTube. It features Milwaukee radio and TV personalities along with Bob Lanier playing the game with Wisconsin specific clues. What an odd piece of history.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Anybody remember when they got their first wallet? I vaguely recall a western themed one I had as a kid with some kind of rope patterned etching around the edges but I don't know if I actually used it.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Anybody remember when they got their first wallet? I vaguely recall a western themed one I had as a kid with some kind of rope patterned etching around the edges but I don't know if I actually used it.

I do! Plain black. Lost it with 17$ in it. Was gutted. I loved that wallet for the 1 day I owned it. :laughing

My parents found my first wallet in a box not too long ago. 50 cent piece and my whittling chip from cub scouts still there.

Though a few days after my mom was telling me this I sliced my finger real good trying to open a bottle of whiskey with a knife so someone should probably take my whittling chip away. Also for the record, no, I hadn't had a drink before cutting my finger. It was a stupid bottle with wax on the top and the pull tab broke so I had to chip away the wax.

Mine was as a teenager during the 80s so it was a cheap gray velcro type thing. [sarcasm]Velcro being the cool new thing back then.[/sarcasm] It was good enough for a kid with a paper route to put his meager earnings.

That thing taught me how to hate velcro. There was no way to access that thing without everyone else in the room hearing what you were doing, so not classroom friendly.

"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

I had a velcro one too! Forgot about that until just now. I think it may have lasted a year.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Technically, my first one was in kindergarten when a friend of mine gave me a huge hand-made leather wallet with a long chain and belt loop attachment (his family did leather work). Way too big for anything I'd like to carry now, but I used it as a "toy" more than anything.

But my second was the nylon velcro wallet (black with gray trim). I loved it because it never wore out. But eventually I went back to leather.

SeaBass, I'm trying to imagine all the reasons why you'd be opening your wallet in class... who were you paying exactly.. and for what? :laughing

A friend used to sell bootlegged music in class. I guess you'd need a wallet for that. He made one for me and I remember I started to cry when he asked me for money because I thought he was doing it for me as a friend. I still can't listen to Def Leppard without feeling a certain sense of shame.

Wow. I hadn't thought about that since I was a little boy. You mentioned western and it sparked my memory. One quick google search and there it is, my first wallet.

s-l400.jpg

SeaBass, I'm trying to imagine all the reasons why you'd be opening your wallet in class... who were you paying exactly.. and for what? :laughing

Ha! I don't remember a specific instance of opening it in class but I also know I learned not to if that makes sense. Probably just fidgeting with it, I was probably around 12 to 14 years old so still mostly just a kid. I also remember trying to open the velcro quietly too which was agonizingly slow and every tiny rip sound felt as loud as a gunshot.

"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

I'm trying to remember the first time I started carrying a wallet. I know I had at least one when I was a little kid but I don't think I started actually carrying one until maybe high school? I can't see a reason I would have toted one around before that. If I went to the mall in middle school I'd just stuff some money in my pocket to get a burger at McDonald's.