Brewer Fanatic

Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2021

hawing

Target gift cards are 10% off on Saturday and Sunday only ($500 max). They usually run this deal once per year in early December. My household (like many others) spends a lot more than $500 per year at Target, so my wife and I each plan on buying a $500 gift card for $450.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For our giving tree at work I ended up with a 13 year old boy. I thought there are usually gift ideas on these types of things but not this one. Have to bring to the office by Monday and no idea what to get, any suggestions? They are looking for each person to spend somewhere between $20-40.

For our giving tree at work I ended up with a 13 year old boy. I thought there are usually gift ideas on these types of things but not this one. Have to bring to the office by Monday and no idea what to get, any suggestions? They are looking for each person to spend somewhere between $20-40.

How about an assortment of personal care products? Maybe deodorant, body spray, a razor with shaving cream, some Dove for Men shampoo or body wash? The most important thing to a 13 year old boy is probably impressing 13 year old girls.

For my works secret Santa this year I gave the person a box with a note inside that said "Hi, we are trying to reach you for your cars extended warranty!". They were not amused.

There was also a gift card for starbucks all the way on the bottom.

For my works secret Santa this year I gave the person a box with a note inside that said "Hi, we are trying to reach you for your cars extended warranty!". They were not amused.

I may have to steal that idea and use that for my sister. We usually do something off-center.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

This is amazing. Thank you for sharing.

I have been calling friends this past week pretending I am from Amazon's Fraud Department "We are reaching out to you in an attempt to reverse charges made on your account for recent purchases of an Apple Iphone..." This is simply an attempt to wake them up to how easy defrauding someone for money is. Thankfully, most of them caught on quickly. My best friend's wife was willing to download a Screensharing App. I was stunned. We had a serious talk.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

This is amazing. Thank you for sharing.

I have been calling friends this past week pretending I am from Amazon's Fraud Department "We are reaching out to you in an attempt to reverse charges made on your account for recent purchases of an Apple Iphone..." This is simply an attempt to wake them up to how easy defrauding someone for money is. Thankfully, most of them caught on quickly. My best friend's wife was willing to download a Screensharing App. I was stunned. We had a serious talk.

Technology awareness is the gift that keeps on giving!

I saw a Barstool article indicating that internet searches for erotic images of Mrs. Claus spike 400% this time of year. That begs the question - who is searching for that at any other time of year?

Geez, now I feel like I have to google Mrs. Claus images... (at home of course, not at work.)

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I snow blow for a few of our neighbors. They always get us something but it always ends up being something for my wife yet it's me who does the work, bought the equipment, the maintenance and gas. Recently one neighbor bought her favorite chocolates from the Wilmars. She sat outside and ate them while watching me snow blow yesterday.
There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

I snow blow for a few of our neighbors. They always get us something but it always ends up being something for my wife yet it's me who does the work, bought the equipment, the maintenance and gas. Recently one neighbor bought her favorite chocolates from the Wilmars. She sat outside and ate them while watching me snow blow yesterday.

Yes, but was she wearing a onesie at the time? :tongue

I've now seen a non insignificant amount of young teenagers wearing onesies in public. I'm out of the loop, is this a thing now?

Not that I have seen........................................yet.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Yes, but was she wearing a onesie at the time? :tongue

Yes but she popped two buttons on it after all the chocolate. :laughing I should have noted this has been a running joke and the neighbor knows about it. So, not complaining about it or anything. It was just really funny to me all the way around.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.