Brewer Fanatic

FSN/Sinclair/regional sports network streaming

Oxy

I have been using someone else's Spectrum login for Fox Sports Go since last fall for the Bucks and now Brewers. Enjoy it while it lasts, I'm guessing Spectrum will put a stop to it somehow eventually.

Same. Today I noticed the've finally updated from the FoxsportsGo app on my device to change it to Bally Sports. Have to do the login through your cable provider, just like is normal on everything these days. First couple times I can get all the way through the sign in and it says complete, but it never actually 'starts or goes' on the TV. Since then it's just stalled out after clicking Spectrum as provider and I can't complete. Anyone else get it work?

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been using someone else's Spectrum login for Fox Sports Go since last fall for the Bucks and now Brewers. Enjoy it while it lasts, I'm guessing Spectrum will put a stop to it somehow eventually.

Same. Today I noticed the've finally updated from the FoxsportsGo app on my device to change it to Bally Sports. Have to do the login through your cable provider, just like is normal on everything these days. First couple times I can get all the way through the sign in and it says complete, but it never actually 'starts or goes' on the TV. Since then it's just stalled out after clicking Spectrum as provider and I can't complete. Anyone else get it work?

I got it working yesterday for myself. I had to try a few times because of getting an error, but it eventually worked.

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Some of the troubles I had yesterday with the Bally Sports app:

1. Login to Spectrum failed repeatedly until about 9:00 when I finally could connect. This might've been a Spectrum issue, not sure.

2. No option on the Roku app to start from beginning of game vs. join live. I got lucky and hit the game during a commercial then immediately started rewinding to the beginning.

3. After I rewound to the start of the game, later I tried to rewind and could see arrows going backward but the result was it actually did fast forward instead. I had no way to rewind again.

4. After you fast forward a bit, the whole screen is dimmed for 5 seconds before finally returning to the game proper, which is annoying when I'm trying to skip through a game a little more quickly because I can't see the bar at the bottom of the screen right away after pressing play.

This morning, the Bally Sports website won't let me login at all. The website and the android app both have a big headline about the Brewers' win right as you enter (I assume the Roku app does too based on the setup I saw yesterday), which means if you're a day behind it's pretty much impossible to get to the replay of the game without spoiling the game for yourself (in fact, if you go to the Brewers team page, "Latest News" is above "Replays", you have to really block the screen to try to get to the replay unspoiled).

The website also displays latest MLB scores across the top of the screen, so good luck avoiding the score if you want to join a game late (plus the aforementioned issue with only being able to join a game live).

This Bally Sports setup is complete trash compared to the Fox Sports Go app, and is going to directly result in me watching less Brewer games, unfortunately.

Not sure I've seen this reported, anyone else?

"Things are tough all over for the RSNs, but perhaps no networks group is taking it on the chin quite like Sinclair’s newly rebranded Bally Sports roster. In addition to being absent from the Dish Network satellite-TV lineup as well as YouTube TV, Hulu and FuboTV, the Sinclair unit that runs the RSNs, Diamond Sports Group, this spring shelled out nearly $85 million to extend rights with MLB’s Brewers and Marlins. Last summer, the Royals came to terms on a renewal valued at $50 million per year with Diamond affiliate Bally Sports Kansas City. Other renewals, including what promises to be a pricey re-up with the NBA’s Clippers, are in the wings.

According to a recent filing with the Securities Exchange Commission, Sinclair in 2021 is on the hook for $1.82 billion in rights fees."

this spring shelled out nearly $85 million to extend rights with MLB’s Brewers and Marlins.

Can we assume from this statement that the $85M represents their annual cost? If so, I guess that if the Marlins get $50M a year from their TV deal, than we are getting $35M a year from our deal. I haven't seen anything that listed the Brewers deal details.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2021/04/latest-on-marlins-local-television-deal.html#:~:text=In%20late%20March%2C%20the%20Marlins,just%20over%20%2450MM%20annually.

In late March, the Marlins and Sinclair Broadcast Group announced a multi-year local television rights contract. The specific terms and length of the agreement weren’t disclosed at the time, but Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald now reports it’s a seven-year deal that pays just over $50MM annually.

I singed up for Uzzu TV. It's about $20/month. Free NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB, all games. For MLB they are broadcasting MLB.tv. No blackouts. All games. You can add the channel to your Roku device, watch on computer or mobile device. The picture is outstanding through Roku. At times it will freeze up, but a quick switch to the other team's feed and back and you're in business.

this spring shelled out nearly $85 million to extend rights with MLB’s Brewers and Marlins.

Can we assume from this statement that the $85M represents their annual cost? If so, I guess that if the Marlins get $50M a year from their TV deal, than we are getting $35M a year from our deal. I haven't seen anything that listed the Brewers deal details.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2021/04/latest-on-marlins-local-television-deal.html#:~:text=In%20late%20March%2C%20the%20Marlins,just%20over%20%2450MM%20annually.

In late March, the Marlins and Sinclair Broadcast Group announced a multi-year local television rights contract. The specific terms and length of the agreement weren’t disclosed at the time, but Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald now reports it’s a seven-year deal that pays just over $50MM annually.

Yes and yes...you can probably assume we are around $35mil. Sounds about right. The bigger deal is the Marlins is only 7 years so I assume ours is too. That is great news with how outdated these things get when some teams get into 15 year deals.

That would be frustrating if the Brewers were paid that much less than the Marlins. It would still represent a gain of about $15 million per season for the Brewers though, up from a reported $20 million per season on their previous deal. Still, the Marlins had been the lowest earner on their previous RSN contract and now they jump to $50 million? Makes me wonder how the Brewers only got $35 million per if that is indeed what it ends up being. The Brewers ranked seventh in the league last year in local ratings despite being the smallest media market in MLB. I wonder if that's just a ratings average rather than a raw total of eyeballs that tune in to watch, I'm not sure how that works and if the numbers can be misrepresented to a point where 7th overall doesn't really count for much.

https://www.sportspromedia.com/news/milwaukee-brewers-local-tv-rights-2021-fox-sports-sinclair-bally-rsn

"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

I singed up for Uzzu TV. It's about $20/month. Free NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB, all games. For MLB they are broadcasting MLB.tv. No blackouts. All games. You can add the channel to your Roku device, watch on computer or mobile device. The picture is outstanding through Roku. At times it will freeze up, but a quick switch to the other team's feed and back and you're in business.

Thanks for the report. Keep us updated on how you like it.

I've been using MLB.TV with Unlocator's Smart DNS for $1.65 / month. MLB.TV is about $9 / month for one team. So I'm coming in at under $11 / month. But that's only for one MLB team.

Having ALL of the other major sports would be awesome. No DVR is a big drawback, however. And Uzzu seems shady. I'm not sure if there's a better word for it

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

Community Moderator
Sinclair is recouping it's fee by selling advertising. I can't imagine Gruber Law Offices and Feldco Windows are forking out massive amounts of cash for commercials. The Miami market is going to have a lot more and much larger businesses looking to advertise than what is in Milwaukee.

One has to imagine the Brewers' TV demographic numbers are not pretty.

Sinclair is recouping it's fee by selling advertising. I can't imagine Gruber Law Offices and Feldco Windows are forking out massive amounts of cash for commercials. The Miami market is going to have a lot more and much larger businesses looking to advertise than what is in Milwaukee.

Can't forget about the Cenex dipstick commercials.

That is a solid point. Even if the ratings are in a certain range that doesn't mean advertisers are chomping at the bit to give them their money.

"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

The Devil's Advocate in me wonders if the demographics would be prettier if more/cheaper options were available.

Community Moderator

The Devil's Advocate in me wonders if the demographics would be prettier if more/cheaper options were available.

I believe this was documented last year when Nielsen started including mobile viewership and MLB's 18-34 ratings immediately went up.

Man, do the Brewers need to get away from Sinclair. It just seems like a sinking ship that's basically pulling out all the stops in order to subsist year-by-year.

Of course, it also seems like the team is better off with $xx million from Sinclair now than with anyone else, and maybe that's the bigger issue. If MLB doesn't address TV revenue through collective bargaining or implement more robust revenue-sharing, then the Brewers are always going to be scrapping. I guess I just hope they wind up with a company more forward-looking and less hellbent on trying to squeeze every last penny out of a dying revenue model.

I've been using MLB.TV with Unlocator's Smart DNS for $1.65 / month. MLB.TV is about $9 / month for one team. So I'm coming in at under $11 / month. But that's only for one MLB team.

Having ALL of the other major sports would be awesome. No DVR is a big drawback, however. And Uzzu seems shady. I'm not sure if there's a better word for it

Watched the game tonight and the broadcast was flawless. I question Uzzu as borderline legal, but the interface is professional and the website responsive, professional, and making updates on a regular basis. They claim they are legal. Then again I got a phone call today from the "US Federal Reserve". It was a recorded message that an illegal breach to my bank account had been detected, Federal Marshalls had issued an arrest warrant for me and I needed to press one right away. This may be my last post on the internets......

Verified Member

Watched the game tonight and the broadcast was flawless. I question Uzzu as borderline legal, but the interface is professional and the website responsive, professional, and making updates on a regular basis. They claim they are legal. Then again I got a phone call today from the "US Federal Reserve". It was a recorded message that an illegal breach to my bank account had been detected, Federal Marshalls had issued an arrest warrant for me and I needed to press one right away. This may be my last post on the internets......

Say it aint so, Joe

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

Is the bally sports app working for anyone? It hasn't worked once for me--I used the Fox sports app regularly for 3 years.

I have a workaround for brewer games; but bucks games are a problem...not that I would have needed to see them last night :laughing

Ever since it switched to Bally Sports the volume is pathetically low on my TV. Normal TV I am around 18ish, now I have to crank it up to 35 to hear it. At 18 you would think it is muted. The worst part is one of the random commercials blares louder than a high school kids Honda Civic in the school parking lot.

It also has crashed a few times, which Fox Sport Go never did...and the layout it beyond strange in my opinion...the Fox Sports Go setup was better.

Is the bally sports app working for anyone? It hasn't worked once for me--I used the Fox sports app regularly for 3 years.

I have a workaround for brewer games; but bucks games are a problem...not that I would have needed to see them last night :laughing

I use it through a Roku. As i posted on here, some issues with initial login but eventually it worked fine.

Funniest thing I've noticed watching this way is the ads. It cuts away from the normal ads that would be on during commercials and goes to their own I guess Sinclair ads. So, you think no Gruber so that's a good thing. However, it's basically the same 3-4 ads every commercial for like a month now. And they're not even real commercials, it's just advertising for other (I guess) Sinclair owned channels like Stirrd(spelling?), Tennis channel, etc. Half the ads are for Ring of Honor wrestling on one of these channels and for tennis channel. So, essentially they're making no ad revenue off this route. The model makes no sense.

Ever since it switched to Bally Sports the volume is pathetically low on my TV. Normal TV I am around 18ish, now I have to crank it up to 35 to hear it. At 18 you would think it is muted. The worst part is one of the random commercials blares louder than a high school kids Honda Civic in the school parking lot.

It also has crashed a few times, which Fox Sport Go never did...and the layout it beyond strange in my opinion...the Fox Sports Go setup was better.

Yep, SUPER low volume. I thought it was a problem with my TV but every other app (Roku) is fine and of course the super loud commercials. (As an aside, I may go insane from the Steve Harvey "Stirr" commercial "It's *my* time to shine, this is what *I* do" GAHHHHHHHHHHH!)