Brewer Fanatic

FSN/Sinclair/regional sports network streaming

Oxy

Happy I searched before starting a thread for this. It shouldn't be this hard to watch Brewers games.

My in-laws get Charter/Spectrum and have the Brewers games. I'd be able to use their information via Fox Sports Go app? That accurate?

Correct

I don't say this often, but thank god for in-laws.

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any hope to be able to stream with ATT uverse again? Update on when app will be completed?

It didn't work for me for a couple of games (long enough for me to get a VPN to use with mlb.com app) but now it's been working again with an ATT login for the past few games.

Anyone try Uzzu TV at all? I've seen a few Reddit pages bring it up. Looks shady to me however and possibly not legal. Idk.

So far I'm getting used to just watching the extended highlights on facebook in the 10 min wrapup videos.

I have been using someone else's Spectrum login for Fox Sports Go since last fall for the Bucks and now Brewers. Enjoy it while it lasts, I'm guessing Spectrum will put a stop to it somehow eventually.

I don't necessarily think Spectrum will do anything, that app is legitimate and I'd think it's part of the agreement between Bally Sports and Spectrum that their log-ins function for their apps.

Where Spectrum can limit freeloaders is in how many simultaneous streams are allowed per account. It's generally a lower number, perhaps 3 or so streams (just throwing that number out there not sure what the actual number might be). That way you can't have your 37 closest friends all watching on your account all at once.

"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

So are DirecTv and Spectrum the only options out there? None of the streaming services out there carry the regional network anymore?

I’m sure this was discussed earlier, but that’s a lot of pages to go through.

AT&T TV is another option...but its really not any better unless you cannot get cable to your house.

Someone (in more recent pages) mentioned something like Uzzu(?) where you pay monthly for access. I don't know much about that.

I know this is an old thread, but I read how MLB.TV viewership is up 12% compared to last year.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/19/mlb-seeing-record-high-streaming-viewership-despite-all-star-game-backlash.html

I'm wondering how much of it is due to the lack of other streaming contracts. I know I wasn't using it until the other options were dropped.

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

MLB seems to realize this is a problem:

https://www.fiercevideo.com/tech/mlb-to-rsns-it-s-time-to-think-dtc

Just give me the option to pay extra and get my local team in MLB.TV and I would subscribe every season, especially now that MLB.TV is integrated with YouTube TV.

The NBA allows you to subscribe for the whole league or just an individual team. Not sure why MLB is making this so difficult.

Just give me the option to pay extra and get my local team in MLB.TV and I would subscribe every season, especially now that MLB.TV is integrated with YouTube TV.

The NBA allows you to subscribe for the whole league or just an individual team. Not sure why MLB is making this so difficult.

With or without a local blackout?

With or without a local blackout?

I believe there is still a local blackout.

I have been using someone else's Spectrum login for Fox Sports Go since last fall for the Bucks and now Brewers. Enjoy it while it lasts, I'm guessing Spectrum will put a stop to it somehow eventually.

I don't necessarily think Spectrum will do anything, that app is legitimate and I'd think it's part of the agreement between Bally Sports and Spectrum that their log-ins function for their apps.

Where Spectrum can limit freeloaders is in how many simultaneous streams are allowed per account. It's generally a lower number, perhaps 3 or so streams (just throwing that number out there not sure what the actual number might be). That way you can't have your 37 closest friends all watching on your account all at once.

Yeah this is likely. It's called Fox Sports Go. It designed for use when not at home. If it's two people sharing it I doubt they do anything. That would require a lot of digging on their end and a pain when they cut off legitimate uses of the app and deal with angry people.

So does MLB. Single team mlb.tv is a thing. The blackouts are the problem. You can circumvent that with a VPN but it's another fee.

It works great. It's just like watching a regular streaming channel through any other service. HD quality, etc. We do have a good cable internet connection, though, so YMMV. They say that it's legal, but IANAL. One small drawback: The app you have to download to use it on certain TVs (I have a Sony) has a bit of a clunky interface...but once you get past that, the service is fine.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

It works great. It's just like watching a regular streaming channel through any other service. HD quality, etc. We do have a good cable internet connection, though, so YMMV. They say that it's legal, but IANAL. One small drawback: The app you have to download to use it on certain TVs (I have a Sony) has a bit of a clunky interface...but once you get past that, the service is fine.

It's only "live", right? No DVR or delayed playback? I'd miss that part of the MLB app.

It's only "live", right? No DVR or delayed playback? I'd miss that part of the MLB app.

That's correct. No DVR functionality.

Still, even without the DVR etc, the Uzzu price seems too good to be true. Like in piracy territory, is this site legit? They say:

"HOW CAN YOU OFFER SUBSCRIPTION AT SUCH A CHEAP PRICE?

Because we are offering streams in one quality i.e. 1080p unlike other expensive options we have to encode streams in one quality. Moreover we do not offer Replays, On demand & DVR option. Due to these limitation we are able to offer subscriptions at a very cheap price."

Seems to me it goes around all of the blackout rules regardless of location, so the 4 major leagues wouldn't be on board because of their TV contracts