Brewer Fanatic

FSN/Sinclair/regional sports network streaming

Oxy

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a little frustrating to watch them destroy the chance to offer a product to a modern audience
I tried to log in on my iPad. Turns out it was an etch-a-sketch and I don't own an iPad. Also, I'm out of vodka.

Verified Member
For those that got att tv, what package did you get. I have been trying to sign up but I’m not sure what I’m getting includes Bally’s sports?

I got the middle tier since it included MLB Network...and the freebies HBO for a year and NBA League pass. I am curious if the cheapest package included Ballys though?

Depends on how you look at it.

Is it blackmail that you need to own a vehicle?

Is it blackmail that you have cell phones and service?

Is it blackmail when you go into a restaurant?

It's all about choices, either you like Brewers baseball enough to pay for it, of you don't...

My personal choice is that I have to have it so I pay up.

It would feel the same if all of a sudden I could only buy gas for my car at a certain gas station, or my phone only worked for a certain provider, or steak was only available from a certain restaurant.

The point isn't that I have a choice it's about having baseball or no baseball, it's that my choice should be where I'm getting that baseball from. That choice has been taken from me.

Streaming services probably share some of the blame, but without seeing what either side us looking for it's hard to say how much. To me Sinclair gets most of the blame because they are offering the product and by not having an agreement with streaming services they are losing out on money. It's hard to feel sorry for them because it kind of just feels like greed because of that.

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

For those that got att tv, what package did you get. I have been trying to sign up but I’m not sure what I’m getting includes Bally’s sports?

I got the middle tier since it included MLB Network...and the freebies HBO for a year and NBA League pass. I am curious if the cheapest package included Ballys though?

The $85 Choice package includes Bally Sports Wisconsin. The cheaper $70 Entertainment package does not.

"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

Community Moderator

Soooo...I wanted to see Ohtani last night on Sunday Night Baseball, fired up MLB.tv and realized that it's blacked out. What??? I think this is the first time I ever wanted to watch Sunday Night Baseball and MLB doesn't even let me do it. Ridiculous.

(...of course I had a free stream up in about 30 seconds but still, it's the principle of the matter...)

Soooo...I wanted to see Ohtani last night on Sunday Night Baseball, fired up MLB.tv and realized that it's blacked out. What??? I think this is the first time I ever wanted to watch Sunday Night Baseball and MLB doesn't even let me do it. Ridiculous.

(...of course I had a free stream up in about 30 seconds but still, it's the principle of the matter...)

I don’t believe ESPN broadcasts are ever shown on MLB.tv. Always blacked out.

So, I just downloaded the NORD VPN for my PC. Will give it a shot tonight with the Brewers game.

My subscription apparently includes a mobile APP/VPN for iOS. Has anyone used this? Can I safely download the NORD app for my phone and watch the games on my phone? I'd love to have that ability to watch on my apple phone, but wanted to see if anyone had done this?

So, I just downloaded the NORD VPN for my PC. Will give it a shot tonight with the Brewers game.

My subscription apparently includes a mobile APP/VPN for iOS. Has anyone used this? Can I safely download the NORD app for my phone and watch the games on my phone? I'd love to have that ability to watch on my apple phone, but wanted to see if anyone had done this?

Should really be using a VPN anyways if you are using public wifi with your phone or any other device.

It should work the same as on your PC.

Imagine walking into Sendiks or PikNSave and being forced to buy tripe, cows tongue, kidneys and liver if you wanted to buy hamburger. Or wanting to subscribe to the Journal, but having to take USA today and 5 other Gannet Papers or NOTHING. How about your subscription to Bon Appetit and you have to take 10 Conde Naste publications to get 1. At some point consumers should have the same choice with TV/Cable/Streaming as for every other consumer option. ALA CARTE or choice.

GASP!

I stopped subscribing to any "live" delivery before the pandemic started and my household works completely with on demand streaming and an OTA device. Almost all news can be consumed online. It limits sports events, but I'm getting too old to sit through an entire game. My bill is better as I don't need to subscribe continually to many of the streaming options since they have all their content available all at-once. I just subscribe to HBO for 3 months and binge then cancel and subscribe to Showtime for 3 months, Starz for 3 months, Epic for 3 months and restart. Same with a lot of the "Channels". The only full-time is Disney+ for kids and at the next renewal I will go back to monthly then cancel. Netflix and Hulu go on vacation. Nothing has to be constant subscription (Mubi being one exception as they add 1 move each day and take 1 movie away - now there's a model for continual subscriptions, same with Criterion TV, but I am fine supporting them to keep the model going then not and lose them like Filmstruck).

We haven't agreed on many things over the years but we do here. I also do the buy one service for a couple months then change to another thing. Why pay for five services at once when I an pay for one at a time and not miss anything? My fear is they'll wise up to that and require longer contracts. Until then I'm going one at a time.

As far as watching Brewer games I've always been more of a radio fan anyway. Baseball lends itself so well to radio even if it was free I'd probably only watch a handful of games anyway. It's summer I don't want to be sitting in the house or a bar. If MLB would think about more than tv revenue they could grow the game so much more than they are now.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

MLB is missing out on the streaming boat. Well actually all sports are really. I am not sure why MLB teams keep on going with the extremely expensive productions when there is a clearly cheaper alternative available to them.

Live streaming has been growing at an incredible rate. There are some people on YouTube, Twitch and Facebook that are bringing in about $50k-100k a year doing nothing but live streaming. You would think teams would want in on this.

The cost for these productions is a fraction of the cost that a TV studio costs. Basically all the Brewers would need is a few 4K cameras a couple of microphones and then a couple of hosts.

Live stream it on one of the live stream services for free and watch the advertisement revenue come in. You are also not limited to just local ad revenue. The Brewers would make so much more money off of this than what they are receiving in TV royalties which is probably still a small amount.

MLB is missing out on the streaming boat. Well actually all sports are really. I am not sure why MLB teams keep on going with the extremely expensive productions when there is a clearly cheaper alternative available to them.

Live streaming has been growing at an incredible rate. There are some people on YouTube, Twitch and Facebook that are bringing in about $50k-100k a year doing nothing but live streaming. You would think teams would want in on this.

The cost for these productions is a fraction of the cost that a TV studio costs. Basically all the Brewers would need is a few 4K cameras a couple of microphones and then a couple of hosts.

Live stream it on one of the live stream services for free and watch the advertisement revenue come in. You are also not limited to just local ad revenue. The Brewers would make so much more money off of this than what they are receiving in TV royalties which is probably still a small amount.

When teams like the Dodgers make as much as they are in the old system it's hard to change. I don't know for sure but I imagine the league as a whole would have to agree to changing blackout rules and other things to allow any single team from going to a more open ended system.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

What do the Brewers care about how much a TV studio and the production costs? They aren't the ones paying for it and stuck in old times.

They may not be paying for it but it does get subtracted as an expense from their royalties in the TV contract.

Even if the Brewers are not able to broadcast games they should be doing some live streaming of other content to bring in more revenue. Live stream practice or something and interview players. Follow a group of players around once a week. Do something or anything really the sport is dying when it comes to younger viewers.

wait, so I can get the spectrum app on tvs with no box, and still watch spectrum channels?

You should be able to. Their site now requires one HD box when signing up, but I think you can call and go around that.

However, their app is somewhat limited to what you can get it on. Right now it is only available on Samsung Smart TVs from the last few years. You would have to go buy Apple TVs or something to get it streamed on something else.

Not sure how DVR works in that scenario. I have seen the app before and while a bit wonky compared to other streaming services it isn't overly bad.

So I tried this on my Samsung Smart Tv last night and used my in-law's Spectrum login... I got logged in but the Bally Sports channel is grayed out? Any ideas.

I thought I had my no Brewers problem fixed, damnit!

wait, so I can get the spectrum app on tvs with no box, and still watch spectrum channels?

You should be able to. Their site now requires one HD box when signing up, but I think you can call and go around that.

However, their app is somewhat limited to what you can get it on. Right now it is only available on Samsung Smart TVs from the last few years. You would have to go buy Apple TVs or something to get it streamed on something else.

Not sure how DVR works in that scenario. I have seen the app before and while a bit wonky compared to other streaming services it isn't overly bad.

So I tried this on my Samsung Smart Tv last night and used my in-law's Spectrum login... I got logged in but the Bally Sports channel is grayed out? Any ideas.

I thought I had my no Brewers problem fixed, damnit!

I'm not positive about this because it's been a few years, but I think if you use the Spectrum app it has to be in the account holder's household using Spectrum internet under that account. Meaning the Spectrum app isn't intended as a watch anywhere app, it was just a way to watch on more devices in your house without needing more cable boxes.

As has been suggested the way around that is to use the Fox Sports Go app.

"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

With cable (Spectrum) login credentials, you can use the Fox Sports Go app. They are creating a Bally branded app, but it may take some time and is supposed to update automatically on Roku, etc.

Last night I watched the first half of the game on the app, but then turned it off in disgust. Tried to turn it back on later but neither my phone or roku TV had BSW as an option. Phone had fs1, btn, etc and TV had virtually nothing as an option. Not sure if they killed the fsgo app without replacing it. Will see what happens tonight.

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

With cable (Spectrum) login credentials, you can use the Fox Sports Go app. They are creating a Bally branded app, but it may take some time and is supposed to update automatically on Roku, etc.

Last night I watched the first half of the game on the app, but then turned it off in disgust. Tried to turn it back on later but neither my phone or roku TV had BSW as an option. Phone had fs1, btn, etc and TV had virtually nothing as an option. Not sure if they killed the fsgo app without replacing it. Will see what happens tonight.

I downloaded the Fox Sports Go app on Firestick just a bit ago.

What do the Brewers care about how much a TV studio and the production costs? They aren't the ones paying for it and stuck in old times.

They may not be paying for it but it does get subtracted as an expense from their royalties in the TV contract.

Even if the Brewers are not able to broadcast games they should be doing some live streaming of other content to bring in more revenue. Live stream practice or something and interview players. Follow a group of players around once a week. Do something or anything really the sport is dying when it comes to younger viewers.

I don't think it means much to the Brewers bottom line, but I do think the likes of Bally are hurting themselves. They are stuck in a transition knowing the old model sucked, but have no idea how to actually get with modern times. I am not optimistic their future streaming option with betting is any better.

people seem OK to pay for a ton of streaming services if it means they aren't paying for things the do not use. We have netflix, att tv, peacock, hbo max and disney. all in all. I would be more than happy to replace ballys sports go with att tv and figure out how to watch the few other shows / networks that I watch and keep what we have