Brewer Fanatic

FSN/Sinclair/regional sports network streaming

Oxy

The thing about the blackout rules that really grinds my gears is something that a lot of Wisconsinite (which is, likely a bunch of people on this site) don't have to deal with.

I completely understand the reasoning behind blacking out a LIVE televised sporting event. COMPLETELY.

But, here in Arizona, I have Directv and we get the sports pack (we used to have the Extra Innings package, too, but dropped it last year to go full-time to the MLB.tv that was free as a season ticket holder.) Every so often (actually more often than not!) I will try to tune in to something on FS-Wisconsin that I'd like to see. Maybe it's a Classic Brewer Game. Or one of those Brewers tv-specials that they sometimes air. Or maybe it's just the re-air of the day's game, when it's on late night. It absolutely sucks that THOSE types of programs get blacked out, too! I don't get that!!!

Because you are supposed to be going and getting in your DeLorean and purchasing tickets to see these Brewer Classics in person rather than simply trying to watch from your living room, that is why.

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone that has a Spectrum TV subscription willing to share their username and password with me - IF you can access the Fox Sports Go App on either a device or through ROKU? I would be happy to venmo/paypal you $10 a month for access on a monthly basis. If it doesn't work out, you could just change your login info at the end of the month, and I'll shut off the $10 monthly payments. But, I would be good for the monthly payments if it helps get me access to Brewers games this spring/summer.

I'm going to selflishly bump this post. Offer still stands if someone is willing to work with me (and assuming that this type of an arrangement would work at all?). If it would work to log in to the FoxSports To Go app to watch the games, I would be more than happy to venmo/paypal someone $10 a month to access either a Spectrum/DirecTV UN/PW. I would only use this to watch the Brewers games this season, or until Sinclair and YTTV actually come to an agreement.

If anyone is interested, I'd be happy to give me cell # here and we can work out arrangements offline.

Anyone that has a Spectrum TV subscription willing to share their username and password with me - IF you can access the Fox Sports Go App on either a device or through ROKU? I would be happy to venmo/paypal you $10 a month for access on a monthly basis. If it doesn't work out, you could just change your login info at the end of the month, and I'll shut off the $10 monthly payments. But, I would be good for the monthly payments if it helps get me access to Brewers games this spring/summer.

I'm going to selflishly bump this post. Offer still stands if someone is willing to work with me (and assuming that this type of an arrangement would work at all?). If it would work to log in to the FoxSports To Go app to watch the games, I would be more than happy to venmo/paypal someone $10 a month to access either a Spectrum/DirecTV UN/PW. I would only use this to watch the Brewers games this season, or until Sinclair and YTTV actually come to an agreement.

If anyone is interested, I'd be happy to give me cell # here and we can work out arrangements offline.

I am pretty sure spectrum has cracked down on this and makes you log in close to home. Which makes no sense.

I am pretty sure spectrum has cracked down on this and makes you log in close to home. Which makes no sense.

I’ve been using my parents login for the fox sports go app for the last few years. Mainly for bucks games but will also watch the Twins here and there this year. Hopefully youtubetv gets the regional sports thing going again, but until then, this has worked well. I also was watching Brewers post game shows at times on the app because mlb.tv cuts the broadcast right after the game is finished.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I took the plunge and signed up for AT&T TV this morning. $85 a month is quite pricey, but when it's the only real choice, you gotta do it. The platform is still clunky, and actually signing up for the service was a whole separate adventure, but I appear to be good to go now. The service does not offer a typical free trial, but if you cancel service within 14 days of sign-up, they refund your credit card the full $85 ... or at least that's what I was told. I'll give it a shot because there is little risk if it doesn't work.

Verified Member
I took the plunge and signed up for AT&T TV this morning. $85 a month is quite pricey, but when it's the only real choice, you gotta do it. The platform is still clunky, and actually signing up for the service was a whole separate adventure, but I appear to be good to go now. The service does not offer a typical free trial, but if you cancel service within 14 days of sign-up, they refund your credit card the full $85 ... or at least that's what I was told. I'll give it a shot because there is little risk if it doesn't work.

I TRIED to sign up for ATT TV this morning for like an hour. NO luck. Apparently I have an old ATT account/email that is dormant. I reactivated that account and verified that account, but whenever I try to buy the TV package it tells me that I already have an account. Apparently they don't want my money.

Guess it depends on what you already have. I have DISH, have no desire to switch to Direct, and not sure I want to commit fully to streaming in light of where their prices have moved to while also

removing programming. So, incrementally, I'll take the $20/mo to have Brewers baseball with minimal interruption/stress.

Get the shady comment, will just say it's been pretty easy to use so far and add in access to every game in every sport, and.........

We have Comcast down here so one of the good things about Bally over Fox is with MLB Extra Innings those of us out of the WI market can now watch the Crew's announcers. In the past we were stuck with the announcers of the home team when the Brewers were on the road.

This is what we did but I have 2 siblings that also want Brewers games and outside of your household (main hub) you can stream from the app to 2 or 3 other devices so I have siblings who are paying me so they can use the stream... so the cost is helped. Not sure if you have friends or family you could get a few dollars from and offer your account to them... but it is what we did.

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Committed to MLB Extra Innings package as an out-of-towner again this year (includes MLB.TV subscription).

Via Comcast/Xfinity, but an odd situation yesterday (and still today) where I can't DVR any of those games (which is kind of important) -- can DVR everything else. Reported to Comcast, apparently reported by many.

I know, first world problem.

Social media is flooded with comments from Wisconsin residents who can't watch Brewers games this year, and refuse to switch back to cable or whatever (I'm in that camp). It's insane that MLB teams are so fine with actively disengaging tens of thousands of their fans from their product. This would be like if Harley-Davidson decided to remove all their dealerships in Wisconsin, or if Miller decided to no longer distribute their products in Wisconsin grocery stores. Just lunacy.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

I have Direct. When I go to the link to watch BSW, or whatever it is now called, I get this message: Sorry, this program is not available to stream on your Computer.

It displays on any program from channel 669 I try to watch. I tried with the pregame yesterday, the game, and this morning I have tried two more programs (Minnesota Wild game and another show). Is this what other people are seeing? Customer support from Direct is maddening. I was on hold for a long time, gave up. Went to the chat option, and not sure if I was speaking with a real person or a bot. I asked my question "Why can't I stream channel 669 on my computer?" and his answer was: "Channel 669 is a regional sports network, Bally Sports Wisconsin." Thanks, I knew that. He finally took my phone number, said someone would contact me, and 24 hours later, nothing.

RRB, is this a streaming over an app service or do you have to get a box and coaxial cable?

OH, and do you get any premiums for that $85? HBO, etc?

RRB, is this a streaming over an app service or do you have to get a box and coaxial cable?

OH, and do you get any premiums for that $85? HBO, etc?

HBO would be free for a year under the $85 plan. They have a pretty extensive list of streaming options that you can get their app on.

Social media is flooded with comments from Wisconsin residents who can't watch Brewers games this year, and refuse to switch back to cable or whatever (I'm in that camp). It's insane that MLB teams are so fine with actively disengaging tens of thousands of their fans from their product. This would be like if Harley-Davidson decided to remove all their dealerships in Wisconsin, or if Miller decided to no longer distribute their products in Wisconsin grocery stores. Just lunacy.

What can the teams do about it? Not sell their broadcast rights so no one can watch the games?

It sucks, I agree, but I think a lot of this is that we as a society have been so used to getting things for free (usually illegally) over the internet that we don't know how to handle it when we actually have to pay for something.

Direct tv has piss poor customer service, that is well known.

I'm not sure why so many are fighting cable.

While everyone else stresses out over being able to watch the Brewers play ball, I'm sitting here watching every game, and if I can't watch, it is dvr'd to watch later.

The price "might" be a bit higher, but all the things I am seeing says it isn't much more expensive than all the streaming stuff.

I can understand playing stubborn, not planning to ever go back to cable, but to me, as I am watching Brewers games worry free, it is worth the peace of mind.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Because people don’t want cable more than they want to watch the Brewers...pretty simple. May not be that way to you, but many clearly don’t want cable that badly. Not surprisingly after a summer last year of almost no baseball. People probably realized it isn’t worth that much to them.

To some $200 or whatever the extra cost is can be used in way more meaningful ways.

People are totally free to make that decision and I have no problem with that. But you can't complain about the known consequences of a decision you are making.

I want to watch the Brewers.

Then you need to get cable.

But I don't want cable.

Then you can't watch the Brewers.

But that's not fair!

Verified Member
People are totally free to make that decision and I have no problem with that. But you can't complain about the known consequences of a decision you are making.

I want to watch the Brewers.

Then you need to get cable.

But I don't want cable.

Then you can't watch the Brewers.

But that's not fair!

It isn't just that. Many local cable services dropped the RSN from their packages altogether so cable doesn't work either. My parents are in that camp. I did finally gat signed up for ATT TV and am happy with the product so far, even if it is a bit more expensive than I think it should be.

Some stats on how much cable costs a family.

Not a real high percentage of people paying $150+ and streaming services just keep creeping up and up.

The difference doesn’t need to be big to make a difference though. According to that stat shown 66% of people pay $100+ (I didn’t make a free account to see detailed stats). YouTube TV is $65, so 2/3 of people would pay at least $420 more a year. I calculated cable (after the cheap first year) and it was about $135 all-in to get three TVs hooked up with DVR per month, a hefty $840 difference.

I’m not surprised people don’t want to pay $500+ to watch the Brewers every year. I surely won’t, I just mooch off someone’s spectrum account. If that wasn’t possible I just wouldn’t watch on TV.