Brewer Fanatic

FSN/Sinclair/regional sports network streaming

Oxy

Community Moderator
Interesting that the Blue Jays have decided to fire their radio announcers and simulcast the TV feed over the radio, which will surely be a suboptimal listening experience. This is obviously a stupid decision but one wonders if the intent is to try and increase TV ratings...perhaps I'm being overly suspicious of their intentions...or not.

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Possibly something to do with them probably not being able to play in Toronto at all this season. I would guess the team is going to be footing the bill for all their employees they have to relocate this year. Radio and TV announcers do essentially the same job at the same time, no reason to pay both groups.

Possibly something to do with them probably not being able to play in Toronto at all this season. I would guess the team is going to be footing the bill for all their employees they have to relocate this year. Radio and TV announcers do essentially the same job at the same time, no reason to pay both groups.

Sweet jimmy, Toronto didn't let Blue Jay's play in Toronto this summer?? That's ridiculous. Utterly ridiculous.

Community Moderator

Sweet jimmy, Toronto didn't let Blue Jay's play in Toronto this summer?? That's ridiculous. Utterly ridiculous.

Umm...the US-Canada border is closed. Look at what the NHL is doing. The Canadian teams are stuck in their own division and can only play each other in Canada.

The rules seems to be working since the Canadian NHL teams haven't had a single COVID cancellation to date.

Umm...the US-Canada border is closed. Look at what the NHL is doing. The Canadian teams are stuck in their own division and can only play each other in Canada.

The rules seems to be working since the Canadian NHL teams haven't had a single COVID cancellation to date.

and the Raptors, of Canadian NBA fame are playing home games in Tampa Bay.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Anyone try this yet? I have an existing MLBTV account that I've already paid for this year and use YTTV. Is there a way to merge them that I just can't figure out? Be nice to have it all in one app otherwise it's not really a big deal I guess. Feel like an idiot for not finding the answer via google.

I've always said Trump was worried about building the wall at the wrong border

Anyone try this yet? I have an existing MLBTV account that I've already paid for this year and use YTTV. Is there a way to merge them that I just can't figure out? Be nice to have it all in one app otherwise it's not really a big deal I guess. Feel like an idiot for not finding the answer via google.

If you have an existing account I don't think you can just add it to YTTV you will have to subscribe through YTTV.

I get that but at least keep the possibility open, like, mass vaccination by June, baseball goes until October...? Whatever, this topic will just turn contentious.

I suppose that by YTTV working out this deal with MLBTV to integrate right into their streaming service, that means we are less and less likely to see them make a deal with Sinclair for the local FSWI? Is that safe to assume? What they are probably failing to realize (or simply don't care about) is the fact that nobody in WI can watch the Brewers on MLBTV since all of the games are blacked out.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Problem with that is AT&T is a two-year contract, and the price rises significantly after the 12-month introductory price. So ... just like cable

You can do ATT TV on a monthly basis. The price is higher the first year, but then cheaper after that versus a contract as the second year of a contract is much higher. It is only a $8 or so increase to be on a monthly basis and it doesn't have an automatic increase after a year. Not sure why anyone would go with the contract to be honest.

That being said it really isn't any cheaper than cable. It is just the cable equivalent for ATT internet users because they can bundle it for slightly cheaper prices.

This is correct. Just looked at the options this morning, and it appears that to get FS Wisconsin, you need to choose AT&T TV's Choice package, which is $84.99/month. Which is very much less than ideal.

Problem with that is AT&T is a two-year contract, and the price rises significantly after the 12-month introductory price. So ... just like cable

You can do ATT TV on a monthly basis. The price is higher the first year, but then cheaper after that versus a contract as the second year of a contract is much higher. It is only a $8 or so increase to be on a monthly basis and it doesn't have an automatic increase after a year. Not sure why anyone would go with the contract to be honest.

That being said it really isn't any cheaper than cable. It is just the cable equivalent for ATT internet users because they can bundle it for slightly cheaper prices.

This is correct. Just looked at the options this morning, and it appears that to get FS Wisconsin, you need to choose AT&T TV's Choice package, which is $84.99/month. Which is very much less than ideal.

I suppose that by YTTV working out this deal with MLBTV to integrate right into their streaming service, that means we are less and less likely to see them make a deal with Sinclair for the local FSWI? Is that safe to assume? What they are probably failing to realize (or simply don't care about) is the fact that nobody in WI can watch the Brewers on MLBTV since all of the games are blacked out.

My god, I hope not.

My god, I hope not.

I don't think that price is unreasonable.

If you tune into 20-30 games a month, for $3 - $4 per game, is that horrible?

I'm tired of fighting streaming services, the random price increases, channels dropping out of the blue.

I'm going back to cable once I am in my new place, about a month away.

I'm tired of fighting streaming services, the random price increases, channels dropping out of the blue.

If you are worried about random price increases and channels dropping out of the blue, the same exact thing happens regularly with cable as well.

If you are worried about random price increases and channels dropping out of the blue, the same exact thing happens regularly with cable as well.

Yep. Sinclair is basically saying "If you don't have access to cable, no baseball for you! If it was one streaming service that pulled the plug on the RSNs, it would be easy to blame the service. But when it's literally all of them (besides bloated AT&T and its terrible platform and interface), the blame rests squarely with Sinclair.

"About 60,000 people watch the Brewers on average. If you look at the economics, let's say they have $35 to 40 million rights fees. You would need 60,000 people to play $50 a month for the entire year to just cover those rights fees for a single channel. People are already talking that it's too expensive for $65 a month for an entire bundle of cable channels."

Math.