Brewer Fanatic

Free Agent Signing Thread (Non-Brewers)

Eye Black
Great deal for the Twins getting Shoemaker. I was hoping the Brewers would sign him. Really disappointed in how this offseason is playing out.

If Matt Shoemaker excites you than heading in to 2021 Freddy Peralta should be Brandon Woodruff and Corbin Burnes excitement level combined for #5 rotation starter.

Shoemaker is a horrid SP during full seasons. His resume fits perfectly with a guy who belongs overseas.

We shall see. BB/9 around 2, career ERA and FIP around 4, doesn’t give up an alarming amount of homers. He had a couple fluky injuries derail his career. The years he was healthy, he was a solid number 3. He has similar career numbers to Davies. Obviously health is a concern, but for a couple million dollars for a number 3 pitcher? I would take that every time. But calling a guy horrid in his 3 full seasons where his ERA and FIP were both under 4 and he walked only a hair over 2 per 9 is quite harsh. If we had 5 guys like him, we would win 95+ games.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If we had 5 guys like him, we would win 95+ games.

If you had 5 guys like him, you'd be in trouble as he's never really been reliable enough to be a steady starter. You have to be available to take the ball every 5 days. That's part of the gig. But I get what you're are saying otherwise. He would have been a decent signing just based on how low the salary was. Could have been a good shot to take.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Brewers also were in on Rosenthal

Robert Murray

@ByRobertMurray

·

20m

Sources: Brewers among teams talking to free-agent reliever Trevor Rosenthal.

Ken Rosenthal

@Ken_Rosenthal

·

6m

Source confirms: Trevor Rosenthal to A’s, one year, $11M, pending physical. First:

@JonHeyman

Per Braves beat writer David O’Brien:

Jake Lamb deal, pending physical, would give Braves a LH-hitting backup corner INF option with power, as long as he can stay healthy. Hit 59 homers in 300 games during 2016-2017 with Ariz, but played just 65 games in 2018-2020 and hit .205 w/ 15 HRs and .660 OPS in 573 PAs.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

• 2 weeks later...
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Jake Odorizzi has agreed to a 2-year deal with the Astros.

Sounds like Framber Valdez might be out for the year hence this move. Yikes.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Weird how JJ and his former agent are both saying they should ask each other especially since Josh was fired by JJ a couple of years ago. Also, kind of funny that Josh mentions on Twitter he is banned from brewerfan.net, had no idea.

Josh clearly has some issues. A couple years ago I responded to one of his profanity laced tweets against MLB owners by saying that may not be the best way to go about your business as an agent. He then replied with multiple profanity laced hateful Tweets at me and then blocked me. That was the first and only time I had ever responded to his one of his Tweets. Or any Tweet for that matter.

Archived