Brewer Fanatic

Free Agent Signing Thread (Non-Brewers)

Eye Black
I think that was a good gamble of $8M for the Brewers to take. Kind of disappointed with that one.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
James Paxton to the Mariners. Free agents dropping like flies now.

DAMN IT!

1 year, $8.5 million. I sure as heck hope he really wanted to pitch in Seattle, because if the Brewers weren't offering someone with his kind of talent more than that, shame on them.

Spot on, that's really disappointing. That is a steal for Paxton.

Is not being willing to pay anything for starting pitching an organizational philosophy? It seems like they are allergic to free agent pitchers.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Totally agree with you on this... The only other starter I really want to take a shot on is Walker... Wanted Paxton bad!

As much as I kinda don't like the guy, Cole Hamels is still floating around out there. Maybe he would finally see Brewers/Cubs as a rivalry if he were on the other side LOL?

1 year, $8.5 million. I sure as heck hope he really wanted to pitch in Seattle, because if the Brewers weren't offering someone with his kind of talent more than that, shame on them.

Spot on, that's really disappointing. That is a steal for Paxton.

Is not being willing to pay anything for starting pitching an organizational philosophy? It seems like they are allergic to free agent pitchers.

They did give Chacin 2 years, $16 million but yeah, seems like it’s an organizational philosophy not to hand out even moderately sized contracts to pitchers.

Wong signing was nice, but it is starting to look like a huge failure of an offseason. I guess we're back to square one a few months ago when the rumor was Mark A was unwilling to commit much money and was looking to reduce payroll. If only "they" (by which I could mean Justin Turner's agent making things up) hadn't gotten our hopes up.

Wong signing was nice, but it is starting to look like a huge failure of an offseason. I guess we're back to square one a few months ago when the rumor was Mark A was unwilling to commit much money and was looking to reduce payroll. If only "they" (by which I could mean Justin Turner's agent making things up) hadn't gotten our hopes up.

Hear ya. Imagine how frustrated this board would be had they not signed Wong? I get that the team probably lost quite a bit of money last year, but yeesh. The Central is there for the taking. Would have been nice to see the team be a little more active.

We don't know that he would have come here for that same amount, though. But I definitely would have gone 1/10 or so.

I mean he lives in Wisconsin, so he's literally already here!

I mean I live here too and don't really like it. :laughing

But that's probably because it's been below zero for seemingly the last 74 days.

I mean I live here too and don't really like it. :laughing

But that's probably because it's been below zero for seemingly the last 74 days.

:laughing :laughing :laughing

Fair enough, I'm sort of with you on that!

Paxton spent a lot of years in the Mariners organization, so it isn't far fetched to assume he had a preference to go back there.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Jason Kipnis to the Braves on a minor league deal. Have to think he's got a solid shot of making that team as a utility guy and 3B insurance for Reilly.

Why do you think Kipnis can backup at 3B?? He has never played there & his arm isn't exactly the strongest...

Jason Kipnis to the Braves on a minor league deal. Have to think he's got a solid shot of making that team as a utility guy and 3B insurance for Reilly.

Why do you think Kipnis can backup at 3B?? He has never played there & his arm isn't exactly the strongest...

Deductive reasoning. It's his only path to any playing time with the Braves, as 3B is their only real question mark. He's going to have to be a super utility guy to make the team.

Another starter in our range gone... Shoemaker to Twins, 1 yr $2 mil.

Yea were not adding another starter... So disappointing.

Just because a scrub like Shoemaker signs it doesn't mean the Brewers won't sign another starter. Still quite a few decent starters available.

Nothing good outside of Walker and Odorizzi.

Brett Anderson does nothing for me.

Porcello is garbage.

Another starter in our range gone... Shoemaker to Twins, 1 yr $2 mil.

Yea were not adding another starter... So disappointing.

Just because a scrub like Shoemaker signs it doesn't mean the Brewers won't sign another starter. Still quite a few decent starters available.

Nothing good outside of Walker and Odorizzi.

Brett Anderson does nothing for me.

Porcello is garbage.

If anything, the Brewers need a back-end starter. Anderson was totally fine in that role last year. It would be nice to have a lefty in the rotation if Lauer falters.

Great deal for the Twins getting Shoemaker. I was hoping the Brewers would sign him. Really disappointed in how this offseason is playing out.

If Matt Shoemaker excites you than heading in to 2021 Freddy Peralta should be Brandon Woodruff and Corbin Burnes excitement level combined for #5 rotation starter.

Shoemaker is a horrid SP during full seasons. His resume fits perfectly with a guy who belongs overseas.

Archived