Brewer Fanatic

Free Agent Signing Thread (Non-Brewers)

Eye Black

LaStella to Giants

Supposedly 3 years, salary unknown as of yet. I've been on the LaStella train all offseason, I thought the LHH 2B/3B with miniscule strikeout rate would've been a perfect fit. So if it's a low AAV I'm gonna be disappointed he's not a Brewer.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There don't appear to be a lot of discounts, so it looks like the players have "won" by holding out waiting to sign and the owners are the ones giving in and signing big deals. At least the Brewers are being mentioned in these talks, so there's hope we'll do something more exciting than signing a utility guy.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

LaStella to Giants

Supposedly 3 years, salary unknown as of yet. I've been on the LaStella train all offseason, I thought the LHH 2B/3B with miniscule strikeout rate would've been a perfect fit. So if it's a low AAV I'm gonna be disappointed he's not a Brewer.

Looks like $19 mil for Tommy.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I would've loved to see him as a Brewer for $6.3m AAV. That contact rate and low strikeout rate means I'm not particularly worried about going multiple years to a guy in his 30s.

Yeah, this was a pretty solid addition for SF. He would have been a decent addition - perhaps slot in at 3B. Not a great player - but a decent one. His versatility would have been a plus.

Rumors that the Cubs have agreed to terms with former Pirates starter Trevor Williams, Twitter Link.

EDIT: The signing now confirmed by Chicago reporter Jesse Rogers.

...and here come the Cubs.

Not that Pederson and Williams are enough to turn their tides, but both of those guys are far better than anything we have done to this point. It shows signs of life at least, even though they looked like they were throwing in the towel, now it appears they plan to at least stay competitve in the division. We could use both of those guys.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Yep we’re sinking quickly to 4th in the division... So disappointing DS and MA are scared to pull the trigger on anything meaningful... Give Turner that 3rd year, he’ll be worth it.

Signing Turner will guarantee us the division!

Yep we’re sinking quickly to 4th in the division... So disappointing DS and MA are scared to pull the trigger on anything meaningful... Give Turner that 3rd year, he’ll be worth it.

Doing nothing will guarantee we won't win the division...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Doing nothing will guarantee we won't win the division...

We aren't in the NL West, we could do nothing and still win the division. No team in the NL Central has done that much to separate themselves.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Didi Gregorius back to Phillies on a two-year deal for $28 million.

This was a solid buy for Philly.

Didi and La Stella at SS and 3B would have been nice moves for us. But I realize that neither move is a game-changer.

I just have a feeling the club is looking to deal someone - likely Hader - to fill some spots. We shall see.

Remember last year when the Reds made a bunch of splashy moves, and people thought they'd run away with the NL Central?

You mean most of the same people freaking out now?

Exactly. Meanwhile try to name all the big contracts the Rays hand out each offseason.

Remember last year when the Reds made a bunch of splashy moves, and people thought they'd run away with the NL Central?

You mean most of the same people freaking out now?

Exactly. Meanwhile try to name all the big contracts the Rays hand out each offseason.

Now try to name all the Brewers top prospects and compare them to the Rays. Let's also compare player development.

Archived