Brewer Fanatic

Free Agent Signing Thread (Non-Brewers)

Eye Black

From Jeff Passan...

The details on Liam Hendriks' fascinating deal with the Chicago White Sox:

It is a three-year deal that will pay Hendriks $39M in those first three years. But both the buyout and fourth-year option salary are $15M, so Hendriks will receive $54M regardless of what White Sox do.

If the White Sox decline the option, they will be able to pay the $15 million buyout over the course of multiple years. But the incentive certainly is there for the team to pick it up. And by going that big, the White Sox get the best closer in baseball the last two seasons

Not just “at Night” anymore.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Liam Hendriks goes to the White Sox.

Best reliever on the free agent market, but will turn 32 next month.

It’s reportedly a three-year deal with a fourth year club option. Deal is worth $54 million.

I continue to be flabbergasted that not one team put a waiver claim in on Brad Hand.

Hendricks can get 3/54 on the open market but every team in baseball gets a shot at a 1/10 contract for Hand and not one single team wants to bite on that?!

I know its not my money, but sheesh it feels like we should have jumped on that.

Yeah I agree. I can see why the Brewers didn't do it, but teams like the Dodgers? Brad Hand would look pretty damn good in any contender's bullpen even if he's not closing. Especially on a one year deal.

1 year/$10MM is exactly what Eric Gagne got paid by the Brewers. In 2008.

Liam Hendriks goes to the White Sox.

Best reliever on the free agent market, but will turn 32 next month.

It’s reportedly a three-year deal with a fourth year club option. Deal is worth $54 million.

I continue to be flabbergasted that not one team put a waiver claim in on Brad Hand.

Hendricks can get 3/54 on the open market but every team in baseball gets a shot at a 1/10 contract for Hand and not one single team wants to bite on that?!

I know its not my money, but sheesh it feels like we should have jumped on that.

The only thing I can figure is that there must be something in Hand's underlying numbers, or some sort of personal or locker room issue. Because you're right ... no team grabbing him doesn't make a lot of sense on the surface.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

January 13th and still a lot of FAs available. Pitchers/Catchers report in just over a month. Games start in 6 weeks.

13 of the top 60 FAs have signed: https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/mlb-free-agent-tracker-hot-stove-signings-top-60-ranking-as-white-sox-land-liam-hendriks/

Negotiations going like a game of chicken...who will blink first?

Alex Wood could be a great signing for the Giants if he stays healthy. That park is great for lefties as it is, I could see Wood posting some pretty impressive numbers there. Just have to question if he can stay healthy. But a 3 million dollar gamble for a big-market team like San Francisco, seems like a good move to me.

According to Jon Morosi:

DJ LeMahieu is finalizing an agreement to return to the Yankees. The deal could be completed as soon as today.

With the Brewers signing both Robertson and Peterson, LeMahieu must have realized his options were dwindling and took the Yankee offer! :laughing

Corey Kluber reportedly working on a free agent deal with the Yankees.

Edit: Deal appears to be done pending a physical.

Just an tidbit/ some food for thought...

Kluber signing w/ the #Yankees gets work w/ former #Indians pitching development coach & now Yankees pitching coach

@Blake_Matt again.

Archived