Brewer Fanatic

Free Agent Signing Thread (Non-Brewers)

Eye Black
  • Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Josh is definitely a weird dude and not exactly my definition of a great citizen of society, but Jeremy ain't that great himself. Guessing there is a valid reason his team dropped him so quickly for issues not on the field. No one cares because it is that Josh dude, but Jeffress calling out someone on Twitter for "ruining his life" with zero context is super lame. Wouldn't be surprised if Jeffress is just trying to blame someone else for his own problems which seem to never end.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw JJ's tweet today:

I’m not signed yet because every team thinks I’m a problem. When it’s the opposite. I come to play baseball. I come to become a family member of each and every player in that locker room. Ask every team I’ve been on. I’m close with every player.

I guess I just would like to know what is at the root of it. JJ is so likeable from what we do see and hear from him when he's a Brewer.

Saw JJ's tweet today:

I’m not signed yet because every team thinks I’m a problem. When it’s the opposite. I come to play baseball. I come to become a family member of each and every player in that locker room. Ask every team I’ve been on. I’m close with every player.

I guess I just would like to know what is at the root of it. JJ is so likeable from what we do see and hear from him when he's a Brewer.

From what JJ has said it seems as though his former agent burned some bridges with teams.

I obviously don’t have any inside information but I suspect there is plenty of blame to go around. If JJ was a model teammate, I sincerely doubt that his former agent would be considered an impediment by teams. Whatever is going on with him - I hope it works out for him and that he is ok.

Isn’t that really it though? Every player seems likeable with an interviewer throwing them soft ball questions or flattering them.

It’s no different than any other walk of life. For example, the person you work with may seem great for the time you see them at work and maybe a terrible person outside work. You’d never know. Whatever is up with Jeffress, if anything, the fans would be the last to know.

No thanks. Among the headache he seems to maybe be, his strikeout numbers a season ago may be an indication of the near end for him.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Archived