Brewer Fanatic

Fans at 2021 games

NYChez
I wouldn't chance re-selling tickets. They've proven very competent at locking that down if you do so on SH. I'm sure you CAN sell them, and will have a rude awakening when you attempt to buy at next month's sale.

I believe that occurred when selling via 3rd-party resellers. Forwarding tickets is acceptable. This was from an email I received from my ticket rep yesterday:

“If you need to forward tickets to others you will do that in the app by sending it to another email address. The person receiving them must have the app downloaded on their phone and linked to whatever email address you sent it to.”

Correct, on SH as I said.

A private transaction and a fwd of tickets is fine. But I personally would not chance selling pre-sale purchased tickets on SH. I don't have a package, as a fan's choice 20 pack holder I opted to just play it month to month. Im also out of WI the first half of April so it was an easy call to just sit this out.

Ah, SH = Stubhub. I missed that part the first time. :)

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have to say after looking at this I kind of wish Fan's Choice was always like this. The ability to change quantities per game from a fixed pool of money and mix and match things is hugely preferable to 2 seats to all my games.

Kind of defeats the purpose of what being season ticket holder is though. A family of 5 could go to four games and get all the perks.

The interface they are using to do ticket sales is kind of annoying this year though. It was game changing years ago when they finally let you pick where you were going to sit...not this "surprise, here is your random spot in the field bleachers'. It causes me to go in and out 500 times hoping for a location in the section that is more favorable.

As far as availability...field level in the infield and club level are pretty skimpy on options. Not surprising as most season seat holders flock to these areas.

No shame, I am going to love sitting away from random people. No person halfway into my seat, dump beer on me, or using the arm rest the entire game.

I'm not sure I understand - I was able to pick from any location I wanted? I only ended up buying for 5/2.

I don't know many families of 5 that buy 5 seats to 20 games either. I'm a family of 4 and we have 2 seats, we just mix up who goes. On rare occasions, 1-2 games a year, we just buy 2 seats so everyone can go. I realize this system is not a plausible long-term solution...but I love the flexibility.

And it's going to be really nice to go to a Sunday game with my kids at 25% capacity, not constantly bumping into people.

I'm not sure I understand - I was able to pick from any location I wanted? I only ended up buying for 5/2.

Sure, you can pick what area...but not the usual where you can pick the specific section number and even specific seats within that section. At least not on my end.

It's possible that I'm wrong on this...but I don't recall ever being able to pick section number or specific seats? If I email the rep directly, he can usually do that for me, but I don't remember ever doing that on their website.

It has been around quite a few years...I would say most teams do it now (if not all). There was a button you could hit and literally zoom around all 40k seats if you wanted. Fantastic if you wanted an aisle seat etc. I always used it to find first row in sections because the system views the closest section to Homeplate as being the best available. So it would put you in row 20 in one section instead of row 1 just 10 feet farther down the line.

I am not shocked one can't do it for these pre sales though. I don't think it has ever been an option for postseason tickets and this pre sale is set up in similar fashion.

Did you not get the link to the pre-sale until the morning of your pre-sale date? I’m a 10-game pack holder and the presale is tomorrow. I haven’t received a link to it yet though.

You will get a link tomorrow, but you can go in through the link you were already sent that had a "more information" link. All you need to do is be logged in and you will be able to look through the tickets once the pre-sale time starts, no passwords.

I got the email today at approx. 7am

Illinois Governor just announced today that when 70% of seniors have had at least one dose of the vaccine, the state will move to a bridge stage where sporting events can have up to 60% capacity with those with proof of two doses of the pfizer and moderna or one of the J and J not counting toward the 60%.

It remains to be seen if Mayor Lightfoot will allow the Cubs and Sox to abide by it or hold them to their current limits which are much less than that.

I wish Brewers would adopt a policy for any fans who are fully vaccinated to be able walk up on day of game and buy tickets that are in addition to the 25% that were presold.

Illinois Governor just announced today that when 70% of seniors have had at least one dose of the vaccine, the state will move to a bridge stage where sporting events can have up to 60% capacity with those with proof of two doses of the pfizer and moderna or one of the J and J not counting toward the 60%.

It remains to be seen if Mayor Lightfoot will allow the Cubs and Sox to abide by it or hold them to their current limits which are much less than that.

I wish Brewers would adopt a policy for any fans who are fully vaccinated to be able walk up on day of game and buy tickets that are in addition to the 25% that were presold.

Could they theoretically be at 100% capacity if enough vaccinated individuals show up?

I think there would be a legitimate issue if you start sticking vaccinated people next to people who bought socially distanced tickets. In my opinion you would have to also socially distance those people or sardine can them all together away from the socially distanced seats. I am sure a lot of people would be upset if they bought tickets under the notion of being socially distanced and 'safe', but then gameday walk-ups are put directly around them. Vaccinated or not you still have a chance to get or spread it.

There is a fine line to walk until everyone has their fair shot at getting the vaccine if they want it.

Single game ticket sales this morning? Are early season games going to be filled with season ticket plan holders?

I am guessing you can get tickets to any game just fine if you are in right at 10am. Field level (specifically infield) and club infield could be less than desirable for the bigger games though. Season ticket holders really ate into those sections before all the pre-sales even happened.

Of course it also depends on the number of tickets you are after. I will say odd numbers (like 3) seemed to get dramatically better seats in sections. Probably because most are getting 2 or 4 and that is what most season seat accounts probably are. I remember checking a game and it was back of the section on the field level for 2 tickets, but when I changed it to 3 out of curiosity it was within 5 rows of the field.

Is there any change on transferring tickets? Like if I get 3 and I can't go myself, will I have any issue giving them to my dad and brothers or a friend?

I am NOT trying to sell anything, to be clear. Doesn't sound like much of a market anyway.

Single game ticket sales this morning? Are early season games going to be filled with season ticket plan holders?

I had my pick of seats for Wednesday afternoon game against Marlins in late April. Senior tickets were half price too! Can't wait to see a sporting event, forget baseball, any sporting event.

• 2 weeks later...
Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Tailgating allowed starting April 12th:

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Archived