Brewer Fanatic

Fans at 2021 games

NYChez
I'm a 20 pack fans choice for around 10 years now. I received an email a few days ago that I may end up getting a credit and a presale opportunity for certain high demand games instead of direct tickets. I believe they specifically referenced opening day in the email as well. Point is, if as a 20 pack holder I may have to compete with other 20 pack holders for tickets to opening day...hard to imagine the general public getting any tickets.

The reference to opening day was simply a reference to it approaching soon...at least in my email. 20 game fans choice gets dibs after all pre set SSHs have tickets. For that reason a fans choice holder may have no opportunity or a tough opportunity to get opening day or some other premium game tickets.

I am guessing the presale will work like the postseason and regardless of tickets on account you will get up to four or whatever it is. For that reason it’s safe to say the general public will probably have zero shot at opening day tickets without going to the secondary market.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fans simply are not coming in droves any time soon... COVID or no COVID in the next couple of years. Patterns have been made and other people are thought of as a risk to the masses. Sitting next to several people within arm’s reach for 3 hours straight looks and feels different.

A pretty surprising report....

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/americans-still-plan-wear-masks-public-covid-19-no-longer-threat-survey-194043610.html

Fans simply are not coming in droves any time soon... COVID or no COVID in the next couple of years. Patterns have been made and other people are thought of as a risk to the masses. Sitting next to several people within arm’s reach for 3 hours straight looks and feels different.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/americans-still-plan-wear-masks-public-covid-19-no-longer-threat-survey-194043610.html

3/4 plan to wear masks after this is over? They aren't doing that now, at least where I live.

We’ll likely know over the next 4-6 weeks whether the more contagious, slightly less vaccine affected variant takes hold. That’s likely the key variable preventing these fan attendance issues from being decided now.

Without that variable there are good signs regarding the decrease in cases, hospitalizations, and deaths, and improvements in vaccine application, especially in Wisconsin.

If 10-15% capacity at Lambeau in January and similar levels are being contemplated at indoor Fiserv Forum later this month, I’d have to think we’re on track for fairly significant attendance at AmFam Field in April.

3/4 plan to wear masks after this is over? They aren't doing that now, at least where I live.

Yeah, I seriously doubt that. It's one thing to say that to a survey-taker and another to actually do it.

Anyway, I'd consider the source on that one.

The first month of the season you limit advance sale to 10,000 with space between fans. You also reserve 5,000 seats for walk up sales to anyone with proof of vaccination. You increase that each month until July when you fully open it up.

So the original 10K don't need proof of vaccination?

Never going to happen especially since the rollout has been completely inefficient, everyone won't have access to the vaccine by opening day.

I've been communicating with my rep a lot about this. The full and half season folks will be golden. The 20-packs pre-set plans will also be fine. The Fan's Choice will get pre-sales for individual games for what's left. This will be evaluated month-to-month. If you want 20 guaranteed games, you have until today to change to a pre-set.

For example, Fan's Choice will get an option to elect games for April, based on availability. What they don't use will rollover to May/2022. They could just not go at all, and roll the whole thing 2022. So you will still have some version of Fan's Choice, your games just may not be there when it's your turn.

There will be promos this year, but not many. The only official ones are some Sundays they know they will give out bobbles. Because of the way those are purchased, the same bobble will be given out more than one date. They ordered 30k Aaron bobbles for example, and they may be given out in two dates of 15k or three dates of 10k.

The team's hope is that at some point they can flip a switch and do full capacity this season. You can also elect your 20 games in FC now, so that if that happens, you're already in the system. This would also get you the games you do want IF they are available under the current circumstances.

This seems fair. STH should get first dibs and then on down the line.

Bucks are starting to allow fans, grading up from 1% to 8% of capacity through this Sunday. Then they plan 10% for four weeks and then potentially 25% starting in mid-March. The increase to 25% will require a new State order and will be dependent on if the new virus variant takes hold in the region. If all goes well, it could very well mean that 10,000 could attend the Brewers' opener.

Does the closed roof make any difference when it's 300 feet high? I can't imagine that does anything. There is plenty of ventilation with the roof closed. Did they say something about the roof?

I cant see how it could matter. I’m guessing this is more for optics than anything (just like the metal detectors that were added a few years ago).

Yeah sorry but I'm highly skeptical that a spaced out 15,000 crowd that's almost for sure going to have a mask mandate is kept even the tiniest bit safer by having the roof 100+ ft above their head open. You can open the glass panels for air flow too. There's just no way the optics of the closed roof would go over. That's all that is.

And I didn't think of the cold people trying to keep warm either. But in any case an April 7pm start with the roof open sounds dreadful. I probably won't be there until June.

The roof being open won't have any impact on particle dispersion or air flow. For air flow having the panels open and the roof closed will actually have a bigger positive impact on air flow than having the roof open.

The roof being open won't have any impact on particle dispersion or air flow. For air flow having the panels open and the roof closed will actually have a bigger positive impact on air flow than having the roof open.

Is there a study out there on that? Or just your opinion?

I’m sure there will be protocols that don’t really make any sense or have much backing behind it. That’s the world we currently live in at just about ever turn.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Is there a study out there on that? Or just your opinion?

Try doing the math behind it and then look at how AMFAM will create a vortex. You can put this into a model and use smoke as a guide to see how the air flow is impacted.

For particle dispersion it doesn't matter if the roof is open or closed. The particles are going to disperse at the same rate. I would like to know how you think they would disperse differently with a roof open versus closed.

Proposal probably calls for the roof to be open just because it will sound better to call it 'outdoors' not 'indoors'. Every limiter gives bigger gatherings to outdoor events...so of course they don't want to do something that would technically make the indoors.

Archived