Brewer Fanatic

Fans at 2021 games

NYChez

This could be a thread to post information about plans to allow fan attendance at 2021 Brewer games or blind speculation based on the vaccination schedule.

Here's my guess:

April 1 - 4,000 allowed attendance (10% capacity)

June 1 - 10,000 (25%)

August 2 - 22,000 (50%)

September 3 - Full attendance

I also wonder if the supposed vaccination cards could be a condition to enter.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brewers are doing things per normal (doing their holiday packs right now at the usual time). The Cardinals, however, have held off on doing anything right now. Not sure what teams are generally doing.

I doubt they would start with 10%, that seems awfully low. NFL teams are doing about 25% right now, aren't they? The Kansas Jayhawks are allowing about 15% into an indoor fieldhouse.

I am guessing we see 25% (or close to it) when they allow fans...maybe 10k if they like round numbers. The only way they start with less is if they are doing a test run and I really doubt it would take 2 months to figure out how to manage COVID games.

Packer games are about 500 right now. Milwaukee County (City? I live over the border and not sure which is being more strict) has the final say but the number of people who can be in the concourses at any one time is probably the driving factor.

Because they are testing things out. Unfortunately in football to do a few test runs can take 2-4 weeks depending on the schedule. A baseball team will need a weekend to test things out. I believe they plan/hope to actually have fans against the Panthers.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/source-fans-will-e2-80-9cmost-likely-e2-80-9d-attend-the-last-two-packers-games/ar-BB1bIqOH

The bottom line: It will probably be early fall before everyone who wants a shot can get one, Van Djik warned.

That's what the Wisconsin State Department of Health Services Secretary said today. I doubt there'll be many people attending games at Miller Park in 2021. No way they'll be at full attendance at any point.

This could be a thread to post information about plans to allow fan attendance at 2021 Brewer games or blind speculation based on the vaccination schedule.

Here's my guess:

April 1 - 4,000 allowed attendance (10% capacity)

June 1 - 10,000 (25%)

August 2 - 22,000 (50%)

September 3 - Full attendance

I also wonder if the supposed vaccination cards could be a condition to enter.

This makes sense...but like all of 2020 is just a weird thing to wrap my brain around. Having to have a vaccine card to go to a game. I can't even imagine the tantrums some people would throw if this was implemented and they were turned away.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

I expect full attendance by July 1 if not earlier. Remember as vaccinations build the count of infections will drop dramatically and this will be evident as early as March 1 when it's expected 60 to 70 million will have been vaccinated and another 30-60 million will have antibodies from having had the virus. By May 1st, there will have been well over 100 million people vaccinated as more vaccines will have come online. Besides the science is showing that the virus spreads indoors, not outdoors, and with no vaccine, it dropped last June and stayed low until mid September. Most experts say this pandemic will end by early summer.

The Brewers should be proactive and open the roof except when temps fall below 50. If they do that, I don't see why they can't start the year with 8-10,000 fans assuming they are spread out, go to 20,000 in mid May and full by July 1.

I am guessing the roof being open or closed would have very little effect on the spread of the vaccine. Probably would be better of with it closed and have less airflow.

I get it would be "indoors" with the roof closed, but that is a gigantic open air place regardless.

I am guessing the roof being open or closed would have very little effect on the spread of the vaccine. Probably would be better of with it closed and have less airflow.

I get it would be "indoors" with the roof closed, but that is a gigantic open air place regardless.

It's still indoors when it's closed, but why take chances when it can be open and fans can still be relatively comfortable? Back in the day, sitting at games with temps in 50's was fine.

I talked with my group rep recently. In a nut shell, they have no clue what to do. He says they are in wait and see mode. On one hand, he says all is being treated, so far, as normal.... full season, full schedule, no restrictions on fans. On the other, nothing is being rolled out yet. No group tickets or presale, no hard dates for almost anything. Wait and see...

I am curious to see if Season ticket holders were given any extra info.

• 1 month later...
Bucks are planning for fans at 25% of capacity as early as this month. This is great news for the possibility of attending Brewer games as, COVID conditions should be better in April than later this month and airflow is better at retractable roof AmFam Field than at Fiserv Forum. Plus you had the Packers allowing 8,000 or so fans for the playoff games. Unless the virus variant that doesn't react as well to the vaccine runs rampant, I would expect at least 10,000 fannies in the stands on opening day.

Bucks are planning for fans at 25% of capacity as early as this month. This is great news for the possibility of attending Brewer games as, COVID conditions should be better in April than later this month and airflow is better at retractable roof AmFam Field than at Fiserv Forum. Plus you had the Packers allowing 8,000 or so fans for the playoff games. Unless the virus variant that doesn't react as well to the vaccine runs rampant, I would expect at least 10,000 fannies in the stands on opening day.

Lambeau Field has a capacity of close to 100,000 people. So allowing 8,000 fans in the open air was around 8% of its capacity or a little more.

On the contrary, the capacity of Miller Park is approximately 42,000, its probably optimistic to assume they'll have 25% capacity (or 10,000 fans) in April when the roof is closed more often than not.

There in lies the problem, there is a cost involved in hosting fans and its probably tricky finding a way to both host a small number of fans and yet make money after costs.

A lot of it depends on desperation for money, local laws/rules, and a teams willingness to pack the place as much as possible.

Lambeau had the 8k as the limit, but that’s because they were being ridiculously over cautious. Pretty sure they were allowed to do more, but elected not to. They could have had fans in the regular season, but they opted against it.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
the football season was played during the height of the pandemic too. case counts are hopefully going to be much different come April.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

My dream, delay start of Spring Training, then allow 25% capacitt at those ST games. Is Maryvale much more than 25% at a lot of games anyhow? The day they announce that, I'm buying plane tickets.

The two games I attended were near sell outs.

If there are 15k tickets I’m guessing SSHs would have a solid potential to eat up all the tickets. If the demand to go to games is high enough.

That's how it should work IMHO. Full season tix holders, then partial, etc. I am not a season tiket holder of any sort either, I just think this would be the fair way.

If there are 15k tickets I’m guessing SSHs would have a solid potential to eat up all the tickets. If the demand to go to games is high enough.

What if people like me bought a 4 pack already? Do we just get tossed aside?

*nervous laugh*

I get what you are saying though, people with the most investment in the team should get first dibs...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

The first month of the season you limit advance sale to 10,000 with space between fans. You also reserve 5,000 seats for walk up sales to anyone with proof of vaccination. You increase that each month until July when you fully open it up.

So the original 10K don't need proof of vaccination?

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I'm a 20 pack fans choice for around 10 years now. I received an email a few days ago that I may end up getting a credit and a presale opportunity for certain high demand games instead of direct tickets. I believe they specifically referenced opening day in the email as well. Point is, if as a 20 pack holder I may have to compete with other 20 pack holders for tickets to opening day...hard to imagine the general public getting any tickets.

The first month of the season you limit advance sale to 10,000 with space between fans. You also reserve 5,000 seats for walk up sales to anyone with proof of vaccination. You increase that each month until July when you fully open it up.

So the original 10K don't need proof of vaccination?

Never going to happen especially since the rollout has been completely inefficient, everyone won't have access to the vaccine by opening day.

I've been communicating with my rep a lot about this. The full and half season folks will be golden. The 20-packs pre-set plans will also be fine. The Fan's Choice will get pre-sales for individual games for what's left. This will be evaluated month-to-month. If you want 20 guaranteed games, you have until today to change to a pre-set.

For example, Fan's Choice will get an option to elect games for April, based on availability. What they don't use will rollover to May/2022. They could just not go at all, and roll the whole thing 2022. So you will still have some version of Fan's Choice, your games just may not be there when it's your turn.

There will be promos this year, but not many. The only official ones are some Sundays they know they will give out bobbles. Because of the way those are purchased, the same bobble will be given out more than one date. They ordered 30k Aaron bobbles for example, and they may be given out in two dates of 15k or three dates of 10k.

The team's hope is that at some point they can flip a switch and do full capacity this season. You can also elect your 20 games in FC now, so that if that happens, you're already in the system. This would also get you the games you do want IF they are available under the current circumstances.

Archived