Brewer Fanatic

Knebel Traded to the Dodgers for PTBNL [LHP Leo Crawford]

markedman5

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
From Will Sammon:

For clarity, Knebel was traded prior to the deadline, per Brewers president David Stearns.

Added that, "this was something that popped up today. ... Corey had a tremendous career as a Brewer."

Well, this is better than the likely non-tender and letting him go for nothing.

Best of luck to the knebster, but I hope the dodgers implode somehow, some way

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Perfect example of the economics of baseball........Dodgers can gamble on Corey to see if he can regain form......abd if he doesn’t it’s just 5 million dawn the drain.......like last season with Nelson.

My thoughts exactly. In NFL, solid management allows the Wisconsin, Pittsburgh, Kansas City teams to perennial contenders whereas the New York, Los Angeles and Chicago teams cannot buy their way out of mismanagement.

Another example of how abhorrently poor MLB Executives have been since baseballs inception but more specifically since the 1994 strike.

I don't like that it was the Dodgers unless we actually get a nice player in return. If it was just cash, that really sucks...

I just don't like the idea of the Dodgers, of all teams, might get good Knebel for almost nothing.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I don't like that it was the Dodgers unless we actually get a nice player in return. If it was just cash, that really sucks...

I just don't like the idea of the Dodgers, of all teams, might get good Knebel for almost nothing.

In theory, the Dodgers could have simply just signed him after the Brewers' likely non-tender. I wonder if there was more than one team interested?

I do wonder if this is like the Phelps trade where we've got some guys on a list and we'll get an official name soon.

Bring Jeren Kendall home.

In all seriousness it isn’t going to be much, so it would be great to take a shot on a talented player who hasn’t put it together yet.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

I doubt it will be cash. Dodgers and Kneble will go through Arb process_money right there. Sending money to Milw is just paying Kneble more money essentially.

Let's guess the return will be based on what LA's win or loss is on Kneble's hearing.

In theory, the Dodgers could have simply just signed him after the Brewers' likely non-tender. I wonder if there was more than one team interested?

Wouldn't it takes two to tango apply here? Kneble would have his choice of teams to sign for. Dodgers stopped that potential in its tracks.

Wheelin’ Dealin’ Stearns does it again. Reminds me a lot of Sonny Weaver Jr.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Wouldn't it takes two to tango apply here? Kneble would have his choice of teams to sign for. Dodgers stopped that potential in its tracks.

Exactly. Rather than compete with other teams, the Dodgers simply agreed to send a little something to the Brewers to secure Knebel's services. I can't imagine the return is going to be significant if its a player. Either a low-level minor leaguer or an organizational depth guy I imagine.

One possibility is the PTBNL may be someone eligible for the Rule 5 draft next week. In that scenario if the PTBNL gets selected the Brewers would likely receive cash instead.

Here are the Dodgers top 30 prospects according to MLB Pipeline that are Rule 5 draft eligible:

21) Omar Estevez, 2B/SS

27) Brett de Geus, RHP

30) Cody Thomas, OF

Another possibility is the Dodgers provided a list of possible PTBNL and the Brewers needed more than a few hours to decide.

Of course another possibility is still that this all ends as a cash transaction.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Archived