Brewer Fanatic

Game 8: Packers @ 49ers - Thursday, Nov 5th, 7:20PM CT

homer
  • Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
The impressive thing to me was how good GB's running game was. The 49er defense is pretty good even without those studs out that they've been missing all year. GB ran right through them.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Jones and Adams are amongst the top of their respective positions. It makes a big difference having both especially when you have a Rodgers. It can cover up a lot of other issues.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

With last night’s win, Rodgers is now 10th all-time in career regular season wins with 119. He trails:

1. Tom Brady (225)

2T. Peyton Manning (186)

2T. Brett Favre (186)

4. Drew Brees (168)

5. Ben Roethlisberger (151)

6. John Elway (148)

7. Dan Marino (147)

8. Philip Rivers (128)

9. Fran Tarkenton (124)

He’ll probably catch Fran Tarkenton and possibly Philip Rivers (depending on when Rivers retires). Russell Wilson will leap frog Rodgers on this list eventually. He’s already at 92 career wins and has started every game of his NFL career.

Where I think they really miss Lazard is on 3rd down.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Gary is s huge bust.

Weird post. He's had a good game.

He's saying Gary is a huge bust because he still doesn't like the pick, and wants to feel justified in not liking it. There are a lot of fans who agree, and IMO, that opinion is pretty insufferable.

Gary was out of position a few times, but he also made several key plays in the game, and was around the QB quite a bit. Also had several nice hustle plays. Not sure where people are getting that he didn't play well last night.

Gary had a nice game last night. He had been invisible for about a month coming into tonight and hasn't had that breakout sophomore season that people were hoping for, so I can understand people's disappointment with him.

I don't think anyone needs to look for reasons to justify not liking the Gary pick. He hasn't proven anyone wrong, at least not to this point.

Gary was very frustrating in the Viking game. So many plays found him standing next to the action, hands on hips and not very engaged.

He was much more active and impactful last night. I suppose if you compare his first and second years, he is trending the right direction. But still a bit frustrating to have such a minimal impact so far for such a high draft pick.

Thoughts today:

1)Obviously, you can only play the team on your schedule with the personnel they have available to play you. Not the Packers' fault that SF was so depleted, and there'll correctly be a caveat applied to the win when looking back on it. Still, you played a team that you were supposed to beat, and beat them significantly. Well done.

2)Nice to see Jones back and effective. They're obviously a better team with him on the field, and the lack of him vs. Minnesota shouldn't be discounted.

3)Adams continues to put up video game numbers. The defenses basically know he's the best receiving option on the team by far, and they can't limit him. He's significantly better than he really gets credit for.

4)I really hate garbage TDs. Hate them. That's a dominant win that looks less so due to the final score. The defense did its job properly for 55 minutes, only to have the score/stats move against them late. Grrr.

5)Thursday games are annoying and likely hard for a team to prepare for, certainly on a physical level if nothing else. Fortunate that this worked out so well for the Packers, as they now get the mini bye and hopefully that will allow Lazard and Bakh to get back on the field and buys extra time for Alexander to get out of the concussion protocol.

6)Beyond that, I don't know what else you can read into a game vs. a vastly depleted opponent. Considering how badly they beat us last year twice, the win still feel good.

Gary is s huge bust.

Weird post. He's had a good game.

He's saying Gary is a huge bust because he still doesn't like the pick, and wants to feel justified in not liking it. There are a lot of fans who agree, and IMO, that opinion is pretty insufferable.

Gary was out of position a few times, but he also made several key plays in the game, and was around the QB quite a bit. Also had several nice hustle plays. Not sure where people are getting that he didn't play well last night.

Oh I wish I had a teleprompter and game replay to do an ICYM on Gary. He did make a great hustle play(finally) late in the game on that 3rd on goal that left SF with 4th and goal. And I recall 2 bull rushes(his one and only move) around the outside that he at least got a hand on the QB but both times other Packer defenders made a QB hit/sack. I dunno if that one late hustle play was the result of a coach yelling at him how he lacked any hustle/heart and costing this defense yards that finally he hustled to make a tackle. But who knows, watching him he may not have been in normal on the line bull rush mode and had no contact so he was free to roam/run and made the play. Also facing a JV team a real NFL QB wouldn't have been in the pocket or held on to the ball as long as Mullen did for Gary to even have his 2 passing chances at a QB sack/hurry where it was just a flailing hand touching him. 24 games in to his career now there hasn't been a wow play I can think of.

Gary was OK last night and looked good early season before the ankle injury so hard to make a call on him right now. I thought Josh Jackson was terrible last night, totally lost that little WR while looking in the backfield on one play. Seems like a misfit for our system but then you can probably say that about 90% of our D players since we went to 3-4. We need King and Alexander healthy.

Gary was OK last night and looked good early season before the ankle injury so hard to make a call on him right now. I thought Josh Jackson was terrible last night, totally lost that little WR while looking in the backfield on one play. Seems like a misfit for our system but then you can probably say that about 90% of our D players since we went to 3-4. We need King and Alexander healthy.

It's definitely a bad look for Jackson that some practice squad caliber receiver shredded him to pieces after we lost Jaire.

Archived