Brewer Fanatic

Game 8: Packers @ 49ers - Thursday, Nov 5th, 7:20PM CT

homer
  • Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mullens at QB reminds when a position player pitches an inning or 2 to save the bullpen. Incredibly lucky to face a talent-less QB.

Savage dropped the easiest interception he'll see maybe his entire career.

Rashan Gary remember him? has no heart or hustle, that drive SF actually had shown at least 3 times he flat out put it in neutral when any hustle he could have made a play. I am not sure he will make it 4 years as a Packer, they'll cut him or trade him what a mistake.

Jones is an epic RB. Ahman Green since 1990 is my favorite GB RB all-time, Jones appears better.

This is one of those games that makes you think the team is good and Super Bowl caliber, but the defense is laughable.

1st 2! plays on D after TD and Gary is exposed on missed tackle.

Interestingly, Gary has still rated out better than some of this year’s draft LB options, most notably Patrick Queen.

As Preston Smith is apparently back in more of a pass rushing mode (or at least was tonight) Gary will have to step up his game or his playing time will definitely decrease.

Ahman Green since 1990 is my favorite GB RB all-time, Jones appears better.

Pump the brakes there, recency bias. Green was a near-2000 yard rusher, a legit passing option, and could take a broken play 4 yards behind the line of scrimmage and break a 20-yard run. He could also carry 3 guys on his back. Very different runners, and Jones is a really good player, but don't think he's on the level Green was, at least not in 2003.

Pump the brakes there, recency bias. Green was a near-2000 yard rusher, a legit passing option, and could take a broken play 4 yards behind the line of scrimmage and break a 20-yard run. He could also carry 3 guys on his back. Very different runners, and Jones is a really good player, but don't think he's on the level Green was, at least not in 2003.

Ahman Green was an absolute monster for 3 seasons - his only drawback was early season fumbling issues due to sweating on those arm sleeves he wore. Guy to take it to the house any play and was a physical runner to boot. Jones is a better, more athletic pass catcher, but Green was no slouch in that department playing in his era.

That near 2000 yard season was Green's 5th on 355 carries. Jones is currently on season 4 and has a career total of 525 carries coming in to this game. It's an eye test opinion, Jones can block, run, and route run and catch. I think he could surpass Green if given an equal number of opportunities in a healthy 16game played season...I'll go 15 because Green had his respiratory issues.

That near 2000 yard season was Green's 5th on 355 carries. Jones is currently on season 4 and has a career total of 525 carries coming in to this game. It's an eye test opinion, Jones can block, run, and route run and catch. I think he could surpass Green if given an equal number of opportunities in a healthy 16game played season...I'll go 15 because Green had his respiratory issues.

I don't think Jones would have a prayer of staying healthy over 16 games if he was used as much as Green was - and I'd be irate if he got that many touches...not a slight on Jones, they're just different players that you can get the best from them using in different schemes. Green did most of his running damage from power running sets and formations, and Jones is ideal in this modern spread/misdirection style of offense.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Gary is s huge bust.

Weird post. He's had a good game.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
This is literally a JV game at this point.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Archived