Brewer Fanatic

Game 8: Packers @ 49ers - Thursday, Nov 5th, 7:20PM CT

homer
  • Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Garbage call, honestly. How is that ball even catchable? That was a cheapie.

I don't know, maybe Calvin Johnson can get to it at the back of the end zone, that catchable thing is something I would rather the refs stay out of unless it is clearly waay out. There was illegal contact anyway before the throw.

Garbage call, honestly. How is that ball even catchable? That was a cheapie.

I don't know, maybe Calvin Johnson can get to it at the back of the end zone, that catchable thing is something I would rather the refs stay out of unless it is clearly waay out. There was illegal contact anyway before the throw.

Maybe the Green Bean Giant could have gotten to it at the back of the endzone. Don't think Megatron has the height. Agreed it could have been illegal contact.

Watching Rodgers eyes it was almost like mvs is open, ok please someone else be open...nope ok let's give it a shot.
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

I think MVS would have kept running right into the tunnel if he had dropped that one.

And to the airport and to witness protection.

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Yeah so injuries/COVID/super bowl hangover/free agent losses have firmly put the 49ers in NFL hell moving forward. They went from the deepest and most talented roster in the NFC to a team playing out the string in early November. Their salary cap situation gets worse and their roster gets thinner heading into next season, too. The other main reason they won't just bounce back once they're existing roster gets healthy is Jimmy G is not the answer at quarterback for that team.

That's the NFL - this board stresses all offseason about find a way to have a better chance at beating the 49ers, and now they're going to be lucky to finish the year 8-8.

I think at the start of this year, if we were all told the packers would be 6-2 after their first 8 games, we'd pretty much all take it. Looking at the rest of their schedule, the Seahawks are going to have a tough time staying in front of them for the #1 seed. And I'm saying this while also acknowledging this Packers team has obvious weaknesses and after watching them lose a winnable game against Dalvin Cook (not the Vikings, just Dalvin Cook) and have a horrid 2nd quarter lead to their doors getting blown off in Tampa Bay.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
L8KblRi.png

*49ers shut everything down today. I'm guessing this game gets pushed.

What a watershed moment that game was for the Packers. The game that told NFL world that we had arrived and were not going anywhere anytime soon. One of the happiest feelings I ever had in my life.

I think it was first series and Wayne Simmons (RIP) just drilled someone and I was like "Whoa, they came to play"

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

MVS

and-totally-redeem-yourself.jpg

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I hope we don't get too far ahead too early. I have Rodgers in my fantasy lineup this week. I don't need him sitting out the entire 4th quarter.

You can all thank me, I plugged McKinnon in figuring he'd be in for a huge game out of the backfield and he doesn't even have a target.

Archived