Brewer Fanatic

Game 7: Vikings @ Packers - Sunday, November 1st, Noon CT

homer
I’ll just take getting Lazard back at this point. He should help quite a bit.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sternberger could be a stud in this league. Good mitts and he’s athletic.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Giving up 6 yards is just nuts too. You know a run is coming. Plug the fricken holes.

1)This team really doesn't seem to recover well from adversity. They don't come back well under MLF thus far, and the offense is built to be more deliberate than allowed for when trailing. As I said vs. TB, it's a lot like watching the Badgers' offense when they need to come back. Even more perplexing when you're facing a bad and injured secondary. Happy that they found a way to make this a game at the end, but yech.

2)Not much to say about the garbage performance by the defense beyond that it was garbage all around. I think a new defensive coordinator is on the horizon. One of the biggest frustrations about Capers' defense was the strategy of 'cover on third down vs. a good QB'. Cousins really isn't a good QB, so terrifying to see that scheme used against him today, with a literal failure on every single third down. I guess you can point to getting that last stop as one possible bright spot.

3)Martin's play is about the only positive performance I can point to on defense. Thoroughly looking forward to seeing more of him on the field.

4)Also nice to see Dillon more involved today, and productively so. Obviously, the second half necessitated scrapping the run, but he performed well today overall.

5)I think a lot of the calls that went against GB were borderline, with many of them within the 'rule' to cause a flag. But, I feel that both PIs and at least the first Lewis hold were calls that don't get made often. Frustrating to see all of them go against us.

6)These MLF lead teams seem to look dominant when they win and absolutely incompetent when they lose. I guess it's less painful to lose that way, but man, they're ugly.

7)Good news that the short week allows for the ability to put an ugly game behind us quickly. Bad news is that they'll have to play a billion times better to win on Thursday.

8)Pretty sure Zimmer managed to lobby the refs out of a legit PI call. That's indicative of a rough day for the zebras, IMO. It won't get talked about NEARLY as much as it should this week, considering that it may have cost us a possible score that would have completely changed the last two minutes of the game.

9)It really is sad that we seem to have a clunker like this every year, but I guess every team does. Felt bad about this one last night after feeling good all week, but that's with hindsight I guess.

Any chance the Packers were peeking ahead to Thursday night in San Francisco?

No, I think they just got exposed.

Let's not say things we can't take back in anger.

I'm sure they were looking ahead. My own hot take- I think they're keeping guys back that could play in games they think they don't need them in. Davante told us as much earlier this year. I suspect Bakh could have gone today, but they thought they didn't need him...

Archived