Brewer Fanatic

Game 7: Vikings @ Packers - Sunday, November 1st, Noon CT

homer
I think we have some good defensive football players that are being used so poorly. Pettine is one of the biggest disappointments that I can remember for myself. I really thought he was going to be a game-changer. Looks more and more like Rex Ryan knew what he was doing and Pettine was just along for the ride.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think we have some good defensive football players that are being used so poorly. Pettine is one of the biggest disappointments that I can remember for myself. I really thought he was going to be a game-changer. Looks more and more like Rex Ryan knew what he was doing and Pettine was just along for the ride.

Yeah, they have one of the best corners in the game and one of the best NTs. That's a good start for any defense. The Smiths are still very talented pass rushers, and the safeties are at least acceptably good. I don't know if Gary is just a bust or if he's not being used right, but they obviously thought he was pretty talented to take him at 12.

Lowry/Lancaster/Adams isn't the greatest supporting cast for Clark but it isn’t like other teams don't have worse. They need some help on the line and at DE and I don't expect them to be the '85 Bears but they should be pretty good. It's hard to think any DC is doing less with more.

Well, Rex said he was embarrassed for the defense. I was with him all the way until the end when he blamed the ILB coach (Kirk Olivadotti) instead of Pettine and went as far as to say Pettine needs to take over coaching them.

Couple other things:

1- Is Rashan Gary still on this team? I thought he was supposed to be this big riser this season. I actually had to go look to see if he has been inactive because of how invisible he's been.

2 - Kenny Clark needs to play a hell of a lot better football than he is for a guy making $17.5M a year at his position.

I'll break my silence to pose this.

Who does GB miss more Khrs Barnes or Rashaan Gary when not on the field? Defense gains Nothing with Gary on the field. Mark it down worst pick for 2019. Heck even Kamal Martin made at least a couple plays yesterday. Has the deadline passed? Trade off Gary now before you waive him before 2022 season. Get something for that atrocious mistake of a 12th pick. Justin Harrell part 2.

Archived