Brewer Fanatic

Wisconsin vs. Illinois game thread

LouisEly

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Time to turn the page on the conservative playbook and realize you have a stud back there. Cut er loose already!

Edit: Now that’s more like it. Let the kid do his thing. This is so refreshing.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Time to turn the page on the conservative playbook and realize you have a stud back there. Cut er loose already!

Don't have the WR's to do that unfortunately.

Hogwash. Let er rip.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Like I said. Hogwash. Air the friggin ball all over the field with this kid.

It still ticks me off that Coan (who is a normally fine Badger QB) played over him last year but even more so that the Badgers were going to start him over this kid this season. Absolute madness.

Don't have the WR's to do that unfortunately.

Huh???

They bring back two established vets with Davis and Pryor, have a really good receiving back in Groshek, an above average TE in Ferguson, and some highly praised young guys at WR. Seems like one of the deepest receiving groups we’ve had in a long time.

It still ticks me off that Coan (who is a normally fine Badger QB) played over him last year but even more so that the Badgers were going to start him over this kid this season. Absolute madness.

Coan would start for all but about 15 DI schools. He's a very good QB... but Mertz is just a whole 'nother level.

I really wanted Mertz to start the Big 10 title game. Just felt like they had nothing to lose.

Archived