Brewer Fanatic

2020 MLB Postseason: World Series

Eye Black
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Community Moderator

I wonder how much of the “3rd time through the order” numbers changed when hitters lost access to in-game video.

No matter what the numbers said, that was possibly the worst World Series managerial decision of all time.

I think he was mad like everyone else at not getting to see Snell continue an historic performance.

I dunno, man; historic performance or not, you gotta think about his next start. I mean, he threw 73 pitches through five and a third!

I think sometimes people take analytics way too far. We know starters tend to do worse the third time through the order, that does not mean pull your cy young ace in the 6th when he has been absolutely dominant because we've just hit the third time through the order. Analytics does not provide a strict book for all decision making, there has to be some situational awareness.

Community Moderator
They are reporting Justin Turner left the game tonight due to a positive COVID test. Don’t they get the results to those before the game?

That's really bad timing. No celebrating for him!

They are reporting Justin Turner left the game tonight due to a positive COVID test. Don’t they get the results to those before the game?

Maybe he felt ill during the game and received a rapid test? So many questions, but regardless it seems like an unfortunate yet appropriate way for the 2020 baseball season to end.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Community Moderator

Maybe he felt ill during the game and received a rapid test? So many questions, but regardless it seems like an unfortunate yet appropriate way for the 2020 baseball season to end.

That and the loud booing of Manfred by the 11,000 fans. Quite the way for the season to go out.

I'm already looking forward to April and hopefully being at a game in person again.

More details per Jeff Passan:

In the second inning tonight, the lab doing COVID tests informed MLB that Justin Turner’s test from yesterday came back inconclusive. The samples from today had just arrived and were run. It showed up positive. The league immediately called the Dodgers and said to pull Turner.

When the Dodgers return to their hotel tonight, everybody will be given a rapid PCR test. On the field right now, as they celebrate, the Dodgers are wearing masks. Unclear as to whether they’ll stay in Dallas area before traveling back to Los Angeles. Situation fluid right now.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

He was out on the field no mask on right next to Robert's in the team photo.

Pulling Snell was very much a CC type thing...

They can take it too far, and this is the perfect example of that.

It's pretty ridiculous really.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Pulling Snell was very much a CC type thing...

They can take it too far, and this is the perfect example of that.

It's pretty ridiculous really.

That was a horrible move the second it happened. When he gave up the single I thought, this would be a good time to get somebody warming up in case he gets in trouble. To yank him was asinine.

I really wish we could have seen how game 7 would have played out, especially with Turner popping positive and so on.

Justin Turner is a douche. I understand that many of his teammates may have already been exposed over the course of the game but there is such a thing as mitigating risk. If you know you're diagnosed, stay away from people.

I think it's pretty obvious that whoever ends up signing Turner this offseason better plan on not having him for what's likely going to be a lengthy suspension, judging by the statement MLB just released on the matter:

ElcEwpvXIAEqHSw?format=png&name=large

Archived