Brewer Fanatic

Game 5: Packers @ Buccaneers - Sunday, October 18th, 3:25PM

homer
  • Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's amazing how a team that looks so good in other weeks can just utterly collapse like a pro wrestling table any time they face a physical defense that can frustrate them and force them to face some adversity. We aren't taking the next step if we can't at least look like we belong in the building against physical, talented defenses.

My confidence continues to erode. What kind of defenses will we see in the playoffs? Good ones like Tampa’s. This team has all the makings of another empty 12-win squad that can’t get it done against elite defenses. Same old, same old. It’s just a quarter, sure, but how many times have we seen this script over the last ten years?

I don't get this take. The defense isn't elite, but Rodgers literally threw them 14 points. Now they're down big and the opponent can just go right at their weakness, running the ball with a lead.

This game is on #12 if it doesn't turn around.

I don’t disagree that Rodgers wears this one to a large extent. But as long as he is here, he is the offense. The pick six was a bad throw, he badly overthrew Lewis and MVS, but the second pick hit Adams in the hands. The running game can’t get going, and the offensive line can’t hold up long enough to allow receivers to get open.

Meanwhile, the offense was earning plaudits all season by beating two woeful squads in Atlanta and Minnesota, a thoroughly average one in Detroit, and a crippled one in New Orleans. Tampa Bay represents the only complete team they’ve faced and are now getting whipped in all phases. So yes, I reiterate, my confidence is eroding.

As Keanu once said, it's quicksand. The Packers have been running well and getting the ball out fast. Now they're down 18 and got away from both. If they were starting with the ball, there's time to just slow down and get back to that, but this game may be over by the time they get the ball back.

If we get the ball down 18 I'd love to see a reset and get Dillon in the game to try running again. The sit back and throw jump balls is not going to work against this team.

I don't even recognize this team. I'm absolutely miffed.

I do. That entire second quarter was either 2019 trip to SF.

I just don't agree with this. Last year we got whipped by an obviously better team. Today we are shooting ourselves in the foot against a team that is at best even with us.

I don't even recognize this team. I'm absolutely miffed.

I do. That entire second quarter was either 2019 trip to SF.

I just don't agree with this. Last year we got whipped by an obviously better team. Today we are shooting ourselves in the foot against a team that is at best even with us.

I said the 2nd quarter. If that last quarter wasn't a spitting image of SF, I dunno what to say. Defenders killing our QB in 2 seconds, guys getting pushed and beat up all over the field and a defense that looks like a lawn decoration.

Maybe it's also time to admit that the Bears aren't as bad as we'd like them to be and if we think we can just go ahead and order our NFC North Champs shirts, they might have something to say about that.

I think they're doing what they always do. A random 12/13 win season where they do nothing in the playoffs and inverse their record next year. That doesn't mean they won't beat the Packers. But I don't think they're that great.

Giving up the 14 points on the picks was more than this team could stand on the road against a good team, I am a little annoyed that the team seems to be giving up just like they did on those west coast stinkers last year.

It's a little disturbing that this team seems to respond very poorly in the face of any adversity. When things are going well, they cruise. When things go wrong on them, they tend to snowball.

It's amazing how a team that looks so good in other weeks can just utterly collapse like a pro wrestling table any time they face a physical defense that can frustrate them and force them to face some adversity. We aren't taking the next step if we can't at least look like we belong in the building against physical, talented defenses.

It wasn't even week to week, it was quarter to quarter. They had the ball for almost the whole 1st quarter and it was 10-0 and fell apart. The Pick was bad...but the way they fell apart after that is what's baffling. Now Tampa's going to be able to just come after Rodgers all 2nd half.

We might see Tim Boyle if they score and the Packers don't on the next couple possessions. I mean...I'd assume we'd see Rodgers for at least two possessions, but this is close to getting out of hand.

I really didn't think Raymond James would get Rodgers again. I was wrong apparently.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

Giving up the 14 points on the picks was more than this team could stand on the road against a good team, I am a little annoyed that the team seems to be giving up just like they did on those west coast stinkers last year.

It's a little disturbing that this team seems to respond very poorly in the face of any adversity. When things are going well, they cruise. When things go wrong on them, they tend to snowball.

Honestly, the haven’t lost often under MLF. I don’t think you can make that conclusion just yet. Just trying to put things in perspective. Sometimes good teams lose when they play other good teams on the road.

I had the Packers at 2-4 after 6 games (with losses @Vikings, @Saints, @Bucs, and @Texans). As long as they stay healthy and take care of business next week, I’m still happy with this start.

Same here. This doesn't feel like the 49'ers game to me. They're getting beat, but they're beating themselves(namely #12). That's just not going to happen often.

They do need to make a move at the deadline I believe.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

Archived