Brewer Fanatic

Game 5: Packers @ Buccaneers - Sunday, October 18th, 3:25PM

homer
  • Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

has the feeling of 'one of those days', but there's a ton of game left.

1st game all season where Rodgers is being harassed in the pocket routinely, and it shows - really think they need to line up and run the damn ball. Could use a defensive stop before the half here and to start Q3 to keep this a game

My confidence continues to erode. What kind of defenses will we see in the playoffs? Good ones like Tampa’s. This team has all the makings of another empty 12-win squad that can’t get it done against elite defenses. Same old, same old. It’s just a quarter, sure, but how many times have we seen this script over the last ten years?

My confidence continues to erode. What kind of defenses will we see in the playoffs? Good ones like Tampa’s. This team has all the makings of another empty 12-win squad that can’t get it done against elite defenses. Same old, same old. It’s just a quarter, sure, but how many times have we seen this script over the last ten years?

I don't get this take. The defense isn't elite, but Rodgers literally threw them 14 points. Now they're down big and the opponent can just go right at their weakness, running the ball with a lead.

This game is on #12 if it doesn't turn around.

Why would you shift protection right with the back on the right having to come across the formation to pick up the edge?

Nothing they are doing makes any logistical sense

Pretty alarming to have 2 weeks to prepare for this game and come in with this bad of a game plan on both sides.

What kind of defenses will we see in the playoffs?

Well, there probably isn't another defense in the NFC with close to the speed Tampa's has - they are probably the best collective defensive unit in the conference. GB was going up and down the field on them until that poor pick 6 throw and a slant into traffic to basically gift TB 14 points.

There will be struggles from time to time, but it's really a tale of a terrible 1/2 quarter of football, primarily from #12.

Really need to keep them out of the end zone here.

I don't get this take. The defense isn't elite, but Rodgers literally threw them 14 points. Now they're down big and the opponent can just go right at their weakness, running the ball with a lead.

This is a bad day at the office. Let’s all make peace with that. The Packers are not as good as we thought, nor as bad as they look.

Why would you shift protection right with the back on the right having to come across the formation to pick up the edge?

Nothing they are doing makes any logistical sense

Pretty alarming to have 2 weeks to prepare for this game and come in with this bad of a game plan on both sides.

Bad game plan on top of self inflicted wounds. I certainly wouldn't have been surprised to lose this game, but at least make the Bucs work for it.

Gronk moving towards the line of scrimmage before the ball snapped. That’s two big whiffs by refs today including offsides on the second Rodgers INT.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

This is a bad day at the office. Let’s all make peace with that. The Packers are not as good as we thought, nor as bad as they look.

Good take. +5

I'll admit I'm more than a bit concerned with the complete and utter inability to even get back in this momentarily after some adversity. This started going south and a white flag went up. Just really getting knocked around by a team that looks a lot tougher. It's the exact kind of team they've been unable to beat for a really long time.

Archived