Brewer Fanatic

Game 5: Packers @ Buccaneers - Sunday, October 18th, 3:25PM

homer
  • Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply
IMO that is a penalty. He's standing in the endzone when Winfield attempts to make contact. At the 2, I can see letting that go. But Rodgers already has the ball and contact is made a yard or two deep in the endzone. Because it isn't a passing play you can't really justifying delivering that hit inside the endzone.

Random aside: I've disliked for a long time that holding is a 10-yard penalty. Five seems much more fitting; it just seems like it completely destroys a drive too often. Usually you get a nice play wiped out, that + 5 yards seems enough.

Same

Well, that's news to me.

Me to.

If that was giving up then that was a late hit.

Good point. You can't say he gave himself up and then say that wasn't a late hit.

At the end of the day I guess it would have made about 2 inches of field position difference, but it seems like 2 different interpretations of that play.

Is it just me or have the special teams improved to the point you don't hold your breath everytime that is a kick.

Ervin being back there has been a relief on the anxiety for sure. Shepard back there today with Ervin out and I get semi-queasy again.

Archived