Brewer Fanatic

Game 5: Packers @ Buccaneers - Sunday, October 18th, 3:25PM

homer

Amos' strength is his reliability on the back end - he's not a game-changing playmaker at the safety position.

Put him at the back end of a defensive front 7 that has dominant playmakers (ala Bears 2018), and he looks better than he is. Put him at the back end of a defensive front 7 that at times gets pushed around and isn't making plays in the backfield (this Packers' D on occasion), and he looks average simply because he's not going to blow up plays on his own. He reminds me alot of Morgan Burnett in that regard.

Amos would be a great compliment to an uber athletic safety who makes plays all over the field, like Eddie Jackson in 2018 - something Packers' brass have to be hoping Savage is as a player. Nagging injuries and inconsistency have kept Savage from being that kind of guy thus far.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Amos' strength is his reliability on the back end - he's not a game-changing playmaker at the safety position.

Put him at the back end of a defensive front 7 that has dominant playmakers (ala Bears 2018), and he looks better than he is. Put him at the back end of a defensive front 7 that at times gets pushed around and isn't making plays in the backfield (this Packers' D on occasion), and he looks average simply because he's not going to blow up plays on his own. He reminds me alot of Morgan Burnett in that regard.

Amos would be a great compliment to an uber athletic safety who makes plays all over the field, like Eddie Jackson in 2018 - something Packers' brass have to be hoping Savage is as a player. Nagging injuries and inconsistency have kept Savage from being that kind of guy thus far.

Agreed...he was supposed to be the perfect compliment to Savage(Who was compared to Earl Thomas in scouting reports).

Still, even if you think he hasn't played up to expectations, he'd only save the Packers 4.5 million...and at 10 a year, if he's overpaid, it's not by much. It just adds a hole next year. And they may have to fill in holes at CB, C, OT, DL, MLB, WR'er. So I'd hope they'd hold onto him, hope the defense around him and play to his strengths.

It's also a little hard to tell what a safety's doing exactly. He's not making big plays, but it's hard to see what he's taking away or how his coverage is from the TV. The Bears were high on him for just...like you said, being in the right place, getting the defense lined up and they thought he was underrated. So...there may just be things we can't see.

But I did hope for more from Amos.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

Archived