Brewer Fanatic

Game 5: Packers @ Buccaneers - Sunday, October 18th, 3:25PM

homer
Total and complete domination!

Sorry everyone, been a Bucs fan since 1977 as a 7th grader! Die hard from day one...

I know that Tom Brady isn't the Tom Brady he once was, but he is a giant step up for a team that hasn't had a great QB in, well, forever! Add him and Gronk to a team with that defense and the sky is the limit.

38 - 10!

Are you one of those people born and raised In WI, but picked another team?

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It wasn't so much a matter of keeping track as it was you never stopped announcing your decision. I double checked to make sure it was you though and let's just say it wasn't hard to find the announcements.

Signing Brady and Gronk brought you back but you're a diehard since day one...ok.

Well...that's kinda the definition. Diehard does mean "as long as everything is lined up perfectly," right?

Anyway, they don't think Bahk's injury is a long term thing. That's the first piece of good news I've heard. They can come back from this, they couldn't come back from a season ender for their 2nd most important player.

Though...maybe that's Tyler Ervin since the offense today was absolutely nothing like it's been all year...

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Bucs had zero penalties
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Bucs had zero penalties

Shows how terrible NFL refs are. I don’t care how disciplined of a game you play in football, there are penalties on both sides. Today’s game it just wouldn’t of mattered.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Born and raised in WI chose the Bears because Packer fans are like the Cardinal fans of the NFL plus when I was younger I went to the Bears training camp a few times and also all of my teams that I root for have to start with the letter B which the Packers do not so they are out automatically.

My overreaction hot take of the day. The Packers aren't winning the Super Bowl. They don't have the mental toughness. The have almost a perfect 1st quarter, than bam losing 14-10. Ok, it's the NFL, that happens to everyone. But TB continues on scoring 38 unanswered points?? That's how you handle adversity?

This defense really has no leadership, toughness, identity or most of all confidence. It's like they know they're not that good, and try to play through it. The offense has looked fantastic until today, no doubt. But we've seen this before. When someone really brings the noise Rodgers gets skittish, and they go into panic mode. We'll see, I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think so.

Bucs had zero penalties

Shows how terrible NFL refs are. I don’t care how disciplined of a game you play in football, there are penalties on both sides. Today’s game it just wouldn’t of mattered.

They were flagged for roughing Rodgers but it was a play he was called for grounding.

My overreaction hot take of the day. The Packers aren't winning the Super Bowl. They don't have the mental toughness. The have almost a perfect 1st quarter, than bam losing 14-10. Ok, it's the NFL, that happens to everyone. But TB continues on scoring 38 unanswered points?? That's how you handle adversity?

This defense really has no leadership, toughness, identity or most of all confidence. It's like they know they're not that good, and try to play through it. The offense has looked fantastic until today, no doubt. But we've seen this before. When someone really brings the noise Rodgers gets skittish, and they go into panic mode. We'll see, I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think so.

I know you prefaced this but I think we need to give them at least two games. If they do this again in SF, it's completely fair. They came off a bye, which can be equal parts bad and good, that sequence beginning with the pick 6 was awful. It just seemed like the wheels came off and never got back on.

Lots of great teams have looked like this for a week. The 2014 Pats got hosed by 30 on national TV by a bad Chiefs team. The Chiefs just gave up 40 to LV.

It was bad though. My hope is that it was so bad it was an aberration. They were pretty dominant for a quarter and then I just don't know what happened.

Bucs had zero penalties

They were flagged for roughing Rodgers but it was a play he was called for grounding.

Which I thought was a pretty bad call. He had Williams in the flat. The ball was 10 yards short of him, but he was getting hit. They certainly eat the flag on a lot of other more egregious intentional groundings.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

Yesterday's game was certainly cringeworthy, but I'm willing to give them a mulligan. They came out flat, and even while building a 10-0 lead early, they looked out of sorts. Rodgers played like crap. I mean, has he ever had a pick-6, and nearly another in the same game?

If it turns into a trend, I'll be concerned. But let's see how they respond next week. They weren't ever going to go 16-0.

I can't just chalk this up to a bad day at the office. Not until we see us even compete in these types of games.. We haven't lost many games in the MLF era. But it is becoming a bit disturbing how poorly things escalate for us any time we face adversity.

Bad things happen to NFL teams and it is important to remain composed and respond positively. Seemingly any time the tide turns against us, we absolutely crumble. I don't know if this just speaks to poor player leadership, a lack of adjustments, fear, or just a few bad incidences of circumstance, but it happened in San Diego, it happened twice in San Francisco, and it happened again yesterday. When we face adversity, we get absolutely crushed. There shouldn't be any reason for the sudden non-competiveness, but it is happening nonetheless. We moved the ball just fine in Q1 yesterday and then when things went wrong it's like watching an entirely different team.

We also haven't done anything to change the narrative that a team with an elite defensive front, stout pass rushers and a decent ground attack can completely control a game against us.

I think they'll win next week. I think they'll win a lot of games this year. But the potential for this type of game in January against this type of team isn't going to go away, even if we win 13 or 14 games.

I can't just chalk this up to a bad day at the office. Not until we see us even compete in these types of games.. We haven't lost many games in the MLF era. But it is becoming a bit disturbing how poorly things escalate for us any time we face adversity.

Bad things happen to NFL teams and it is important to remain composed and respond positively. Seemingly any time the tide turns against us, we absolutely crumble. I don't know if this just speaks to poor player leadership, a lack of adjustments, fear, or just a few bad incidences of circumstance, but it happened in San Diego, it happened twice in San Francisco, and it happened again yesterday. When we face adversity, we get absolutely crushed. There shouldn't be any reason for the sudden non-competiveness, but it is happening nonetheless. We moved the ball just fine in Q1 yesterday and then when things went wrong it's like watching an entirely different team.

We also haven't done anything to change the narrative that a team with an elite defensive front, stout pass rushers and a decent ground attack can completely control a game against us.

I think they'll win next week. I think they'll win a lot of games this year. But the potential for this type of game in January against this type of team isn't going to go away, even if we win 13 or 14 games.

No fans or not, they need to get one of these types of playoff games at home. That has been a near-universal theme in Rodgers career. These guy games against good teams are almost always on their field.

This team had plenty of close games and adversity on their way to 13 wins last year. The majority of those wins were close and ugly. It's just that we seem to remember those that didn't go their way, and those that, for whatever reason, they let get away from them in a major way.

There is no dominant team this year. I think any team can beat any other team at any time. The team that avoids mistakes and costly turnovers typically wins. The Packers couldn't do that yesterday, and they ended up getting curbstomped. How they respond now is the important thing.

It wasn't so much a matter of keeping track as it was you never stopped announcing your decision. I double checked to make sure it was you though and let's just say it wasn't hard to find the announcements.

Signing Brady and Gronk brought you back but you're a diehard since day one...ok.

Correct, die hard since day one, then the political side of things stepped in and I stopped watching. Still followed the team though, just stopped watching all together.

Thanks again for keeping track of my fandom, glad I can keep you busy.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Total and complete domination!

Sorry everyone, been a Bucs fan since 1977 as a 7th grader! Die hard from day one...

I know that Tom Brady isn't the Tom Brady he once was, but he is a giant step up for a team that hasn't had a great QB in, well, forever! Add him and Gronk to a team with that defense and the sky is the limit.

38 - 10!

Yup, as a 7th grader, I loved the new team's uniforms. All my friends were Packer or Vikings fans, so I went a different direction and it stuck. My buddy at the time did the same thing and went with the Seahawks...

Well...that's kinda the definition. Diehard does mean "as long as everything is lined up perfectly," right?

HA! You obviously don't know me and the lengths I have gone to be a Bucs fan...

The idea that anyone can question my fandom is funny if you actually know me... I have backed my team through good and bad for 40+ years, and believe me, the bad times far outnumber the good. It has never been easy wearing Bucs gear in WI, but I have always done so, and will continue as long as I walk this earth.

Correct, die hard since day one, then the political side of things stepped in and I stopped watching. Still followed the team though, just stopped watching all together.

Thanks again for keeping track of my fandom, glad I can keep you busy.

Lol. Dude, if you can't see the humor in this, that's on you. In about 8 seconds, one can find 10 posts of you whining about the NFL. It is the only breath in which you mentioned NFL football for the last several years. Nobody had to "keep track."

Here is you, 2 hours before Week 1 kickoff, saying you don't watch the NFL anymore:

viewtopic.php?f=65&t=39908&p=1313941&hilit=NFL#p1313941

Here you are, saying the day a player kneeled was your last day watching the NFL:

viewtopic.php?f=156&t=39639&p=1301710&hilit=NFL#p1301710

BUT, now that your favorite team signed Tom Brady, that's all forgiven, and you use a Packers GT to randomly gloat in the first acknowledgment in years that the NFL actually isn't "dead to you." So, either one of two things is true:

1) You aren't a die-hard fan since 1977.

2) The kneeling wasn't that important to you. The team just sucked.

lol

Obsession sets in...

dude *sigh* Brady brought me back to the NFL, I had to see what would would happen. Like so many others that gave up on the NFL and came back for whatever reason, Brady was my reason.

I know a lot of people who claimed to leave the NFL but came back 3 weeks later, or the next season. I stuck to my word for 3 years, and it took a pretty big deal to bring me back. I used to watch every game that was on tv, no matter who was playing, I now only watch Bucs games. I'm back, but in a limited manner.

Carry on, if you want, I can give you some more quotes so you have something to post 2 months from now...

I think I'm justifiably calling out something funny. One side of your mouth can't believe why anyone would question your hardcore fandom while the the other side was saying you'd never watch a football game again, 30 days ago. It's funny. Sorry.

You really can't see why anyone would 'question your fandom'? I mean really?

As much as I just want to ignore football altogether in the few days after a loss, I figure it worthy to put together some thoughts anyway:

1)Obviously, they're not going to win all 16 regular season games, but that doesn't make an ugly loss like that any less painful. I do believe that you can learn more about yourselves as a team from a loss than you can from a win, so hopefully they are able to learn and fix. But wow, do their losses seem horrendous on the rare occasions that they've happened.

2)I think it's disappointing that yet again in the second season under MLF, the Packers came out ultra-flat out of a bye. I said two weeks ago that the bye came at a good time for the team from an injury standpoint, but I do think that a team on a roll like they were would have had more benefit from a later bye. Still, you have to wonder about why they lay an egg like that.

3)Related, I appreciate hearing 'bad week of practice' and such, but still, WTH? First concerns about 'behavior on the west coast trips' last year, now ugly practices out of the bye. A little concerning. Once is an anomaly, twice is the start of a trend.

4)A lot has been noted about the team's success with Adams off the field. I won't in any way advocate that the team is better off without one of the best receivers in the league, but I do think our QB's play is better overall without him. At least one of the INTs yesterday was due to forcing the ball into Davante when the window just wasn't there, and the pick six was even worse- forcing the ball into a window that wasn't there on a route destined to result in a pick six if the ball doesn't get to the receiver. He has to be better at taking what's there, whether the receiver has Adams on the back of his jersey or otherwise.

5)I don't think the Buccaneers are anything close to favorites in the NFC, but I'm confident this won't look like an ugly loss to a bad team at the end of the year. The defense is very good, and likely the best we've played thus far by a large margin, and the offense seems to be starting to click. No reason to think they won't be a playoff team come January.

6)Why does it feel like the team has problems in a particular building? Raymond James has been an ugly place for the Packers to play, seemingly back to the days of Sherman/Favre. It's like the Metrodome through most of Favre's career. It just seems like we lay an egg here, regardless of how good the level of competition is.

7)All of the points about the team's response to adversity are very fair, IMO. It seems like the blueprint for beating us is to A) have a defense good enough to knock us out of our desired offensive gameplan, and B)get us down big, as we can't seem to come back from a significant deficit anymore. TB certainly did a good job on both of those points. Jones was a complete non-factor, which is saying something. They have to figure out how to adjust when the offensive game plan gets disrupted like that.

8)The annoying thing is that it wasn't really TB that put us out of our game plan, it was two terrible turnovers. 10-0 lead with the ball. You really have to wonder how much differently this game looks if we just control the ball.

9)Beyond all of that, not much good to point to. I guess Krys Barnes seemed to be all over the field defensively. Beyond that and that it sounds like Bakh and Tonyan both avoided any kind of serious injury, there wasn't anything else I can point to as a positive from this game.

Archived