Brewer Fanatic

Game 5: Packers @ Buccaneers - Sunday, October 18th, 3:25PM

homer
Hopefully this will put the brakes on the super bowl talk.

Still way short of talent.

Not necessarily. Don’t get me wrong, you have to be good to win the Super Bowl. But you also need to be healthy and lucky. A lot can happen between now and January. Write this one off, adjust your expectations a little, but don’t write them off just yet.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They just brought the house 7 on that blitz up 28 and not 1 WR was anywhere near open, including Adams. Sorry folks but if Tampa's Defense remains healthy, this is your SB team from the NFC. This reminds me of the Giants with their SB runs. You have no chance after you've made a mistake or have a key injury.

C’mon. Didn’t they lose to the Bears last week? Obviously, they’re in the mix, but this is a week-to-week league.

I understand the "burn the tape" talk, but the January game against the 49ers was also a "burn the tape" game. Sooner or later you gotta figure out how to win these types of games.

I really don't see those as the same types of games other than we just got our arses kicked in both games.

If Aaron Rodgers plays a normal game for him, this game looks a lot differently.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

They just brought the house 7 on that blitz up 28 and not 1 WR was anywhere near open, including Adams. Sorry folks but if Tampa's Defense remains healthy, this is your SB team from the NFC. This reminds me of the Giants with their SB runs. You have no chance after you've made a mistake or have a key injury.

C’mon. Didn’t they lose to the Bears last week? Obviously, they’re in the mix, but this is a week-to-week league.

Alot of hot takes are expected during a game like this.

Hopefully this will put the brakes on the super bowl talk.

Still way short of talent.

Not necessarily. Don’t get me wrong, you have to be good to win the Super Bowl. But you also need to be healthy and lucky. A lot can happen between now and January. Write this one off. Adjust your expectations a little, but don’t write them off just yet.

They need to not play on the road against a defense like Tampa and San Francisco. If they can avoid that scenario, they have a chance. But they're definitely not as good as we thought coming into today.

I understand the "burn the tape" talk, but the January game against the 49ers was also a "burn the tape" game. Sooner or later you gotta figure out how to win these types of games.

I really don't see those as the same types of games other than we just got our arses kicked in both games.

If Aaron Rodgers plays a normal game for him, this game looks a lot differently.

Rodgers' normal games from 2019 and 2020 are two different things entirely. Today looked more like 2019.

Tampa has a lot of new parts this year and they're only going to get better.

Barring injury they could beat us even worse if we meet them later in the year.

There is a pretty substantial talent Gap and anything less than Rogers with his A game is going to be a loss.

Yeah...and they lost to the Saints. That's just a ridiculous statement after week 6 in the NFL.

"This is your SB team." Really? I'm thinking a lot of people were saying the same thing about the Ravens last year. I mean...c'mon. We're still ahead of them in the standings. That doesn't mean we're a better team, but it is a preeety good indication they're not this obvious SB team.

Or another teams knocks them out for you. Or a star player tests positive for COVID the night before the game. It may take a little luck, but be patient. This is still a good football team.

This! And being NFC Champs on paper after week 6 is worthless.

Rodgers' normal games from 2019 and 2020 are two different things entirely. Today looked more like 2019.

He threw 4 picks last year. He threw 2 today, including a pick 6. At the VERY least he wasn't handing the other team points last year.

Yeah...and they lost to the Saints. That's just a ridiculous statement after week 6 in the NFL.

"This is your SB team." Really? I'm thinking a lot of people were saying the same thing about the Ravens last year. I mean...c'mon. We're still ahead of them in the standings. That doesn't mean we're a better team, but it is a preeety good indication they're not this obvious SB team.

Well Last week I heard a poll on the top team in the NFL on ESPN. Two of them picked Tampa, and this confirms exactly what they are picking Tampa for. If Brady can have Gronk in the post season healthy and playing the guy can't be covered when he runs the route and Brady hits him on that route.

It's just sickening that Brady can choose a top defense team and then call a HOF TE to join the team and now the learning curve is just bypassed.

This game at the start of the second quarter feels alot like the chargers game last year...Rodgers harassed constantly by a defensive front 7 that can play in the offensive backfield and the Packers have no ability to counterpunch to get the defense back on their heels, and these games never feel winnable once they go in this direction.

Even when the packers were moving the ball at the start of this game, Rodgers was getting hit alot - that took him off his game and turned the game on its ear.

Well Last week I heard a poll on the top team in the NFL on ESPN. Two of them picked Tampa, and this confirms exactly what they are picking Tampa for. If Brady can have Gronk in the post season healthy and playing the guy can't be covered when he runs the route and Brady hits him on that route.

It's just sickening that Brady can choose a top defense team and then call a HOF TE to join the team and now the learning curve is just bypassed.

Yeah...I don't think I could state how little I care about ESPN pundits, many of whom had the Packes going to the Super Bowl. Them saying it doesn't make it any more true at this point.

Total and complete domination!

Sorry everyone, been a Bucs fan since 1977 as a 7th grader! Die hard from day one...

I know that Tom Brady isn't the Tom Brady he once was, but he is a giant step up for a team that hasn't had a great QB in, well, forever! Add him and Gronk to a team with that defense and the sky is the limit.

38 - 10!

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

The best we can hope for, I think, is that the Packers come back the way they did in 2014, getting beat up thoroughly in their first game with Seattle, not all that dissimilarly to this, then dominating them in the playoffs, before choking of course. So maybe we can hope for better.

It's hard to ignore the pedigree though. It's fair to say same old, same old. We can play the "burn the tape" game but we got our clock cleaned by a fast, physical, good defense. Again.

Sorry everyone, been a Bucs fan since 1977 as a 7th grader! Die hard from day one...

I know that Tom Brady isn't the Tom Brady he once was, but he is a giant step up for a team that hasn't had a great QB in, well, forever! Add him and Gronk to a team with that defense and the sky is the limit.

38 - 10!

Didn't you quit the NFL and announce it several times?

38 - 10!

Didn't you quit the NFL and announce it several times?

That I did... Signing Brady this year brought me back.

Thanks for keeping track though.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

It wasn't so much a matter of keeping track as it was you never stopped announcing your decision. I double checked to make sure it was you though and let's just say it wasn't hard to find the announcements.

Signing Brady and Gronk brought you back but you're a diehard since day one...ok.

Archived