Brewer Fanatic

Game 5: Packers @ Buccaneers - Sunday, October 18th, 3:25PM

homer
The serious flaw was run defense and they've defended the run just fine today. The offensive line and Rodgers have played like junk. On to Houston.

Jones is over 100 yards on 5 YPC and we have a quarter to go.

They've been throughly dominated in just about every aspect of the game since Q2 began.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I miss Ervin on the jet sweep action. I think they could have used that today.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I think Montravius Adams has had a decent game.

He's had a really nice game. And I have absolutely no confidence it's a sign of anything at all to come. That's the problem with him. He was a 1st round talent...and he's done almost nothing.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

The serious flaw was run defense and they've defended the run just fine today. The offensive line and Rodgers have played like junk. On to Houston.

They've been throughly dominated in just about every aspect of the game since Q2 began.

1/3 of that was on a single big run where the defense had no idea what was going on pre snap.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Look I'm not gonna say the Packers played well and lost because of bad luck. They have played like poop. But this is still a great team. One bad game doesn't change my mind about that.

Yeah, it's hard to believe ERVIN missing is why our offense has been so...stagnant. They can't REALLY be relying on Tyler Ervin this much, right?

Yeah, it's hard to believe ERVIN missing is why our offense has been so...stagnant. They can't REALLY be relying on Tyler Ervin this much, right?

You'd think someone else could just run the same action. Not sure why they haven't done it.

Smith Bros have been very disappointing this season.

That’s free agency for you. All the fans wanted it. Now the Packers will only be able to sign one of Bahktiari, Linsley, and Jones.

That's just not truthful. Not all of the fans wanted it and it doesn't preclude signing only one of those 3. That's hyperbole at best.

* Most Fans wanted it.

** Depending on the where the salary cap comes in at next year, they may only be able to sign 1 of their 3 big free agents.

If I’m exaggerating, it’s not by much.

You'd think someone else could just run the same action. Not sure why they haven't done it.

They have Williams and Jones.

Rodgers shouldn't be on the field here. It makes no sense with Bahk on the sideline and the #1 pass rush thus far in the season.

1/3 of that was on a single big run where the defense had no idea what was going on pre snap.

I guess if you're trying to say the run D has been a silver lining today, I don't see it.

They still look like last year's team to me that can be flustered and controlled on the road by any opponent with a disruptive, physical defense and good ground game.

Time for Boyle.

He did pretty much single-handedly fix the return units last year ...

They just brought the house 7 on that blitz up 28 and not 1 WR was anywhere near open, including Adams. Sorry folks but if Tampa's Defense remains healthy, this is your SB team from the NFC. This reminds me of the Giants with their SB runs. You have no chance after you've made a mistake or have a key injury.

He did pretty much single-handedly fix the return units last year ...

Yeah, he's a nice player, but they've gotta have someone else who can do the same things.

This offense was playing well in large part because of all the pre-snap motion. Even fans had some idea what the defense was doing. You just scrap that and scale down your offense because he's got a injured wrist?

Williams may not be as explosive as him, but he can't do those things? Or Shepard? He's a shifty receiver.

Anyway, the Packers can't beat teams like this right now when they're playing from behind. They came out and looked great, #12 gave them 2 TD's and they couldn't get things going again. I'm not really THAT worried about it long term...but it's frustrating.

Their front 7 has just destroyed our OL. I do agree that the Run D today hasn't really been that bad. It's not like the SF game last year, but it's still ugly.

Archived