Brewer Fanatic

Game 5: Packers @ Buccaneers - Sunday, October 18th, 3:25PM

homer
  • Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OK, I'm just gonna go ahead and chalk this up as an L, but I'm also not going to overreact to this embarrassment. I don't expect this team to play this poorly again the rest of the season. Just a bad day at the office. It happens. We have two games coming up that we should win relatively easily. We're still one of the best teams in football. Just burn the tape and we're on to Houston.

I totally agree. Rodgers doesn't play like this very often.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

St. Brown has had 2 targets and that's about all he's going to get judging by how he looked on both targets.

This too. When ESB completely had no clue what Rambo was, he began the throw to Adams.. MVS has nothing going for him. Lazard out. We're back to Rodgers having no other target than Adams he trusts. Tonyan sure but that's at TE.

I have sort of thought it's a positive that MVS has been having more possession type grabs lately, of course without the big downfield plays they don't add up to much but at least he is not invisible.

Not to beat a dead horse but we're down 21 and Jones has 11 yards on 8 carries. Try something else.

This game feels nostalgic.

Rodgers = Favre

Brady = Brad Johnson

Suh = Sapp.

Ha. I immediately thought Rodgers = Favre after the 2 picks.

Also, hard to believe JPP is still giving the Packers trouble 9 years later and after blowing his hand off. Some things never change.

And breaking his neck in a single car accident.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Burn the tape. Move on to next week.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

OK, I'm just gonna go ahead and chalk this up as an L, but I'm also not going to overreact to this embarrassment. I don't expect this team to play this poorly again the rest of the season. Just a bad day at the office. It happens. We have two games coming up that we should win relatively easily. We're still one of the best teams in football. Just burn the tape and we're on to Houston.

Agree but I called a mulligan in San Diego last year and then it happened twice more in SF

Agree but I called a mulligan in San Diego last year and then it happened twice more in SF

As I said before, the Niners were just a better team than us. I can accept that. This game is a result of poor execution, self inflicted wounds and being outcoached. I can't accept that.

Smith Bros have been very disappointing this season.

That’s free agency for you. All the fans wanted it. Now the Packers will only be able to sign one of Bahktiari, Linsley, and Jones.

I think we can pump the brakes on this. Zadarius has graded out fine, it's been 4 games, not to mention he likely won a game in New Orleans. Preston has been used differently. They're dropping him into coverage a ton, it's not working and they should stop.

I have to agree. We can mulligan all we want but even at 4-1 this team has some serious flaws.

If it was just the two flukey picks by Rodgers that went wrong today I could chalk it up to just a bad day at the offense but we were thoroughly dominated in this game from the second quarter on.

We had better win a lot of games this year because there's a lot of reason to believe if we have to go on the road in January things aren't going to go very well.

That’s free agency for you. All the fans wanted it. Now the Packers will only be able to sign one of Bahktiari, Linsley, and Jones.

I think we can pump the brakes on this. Zadarius has graded out fine, it's been 4 games, not to mention he likely won a game in New Orleans. Preston has been used differently. They're dropping him into coverage a ton, it's not working and they should stop.

I heard on the radio this week that he dropped back about the same amount last year, he just isn't producing this year. ZSmith is a good player and PSmith can probably be cut if we need cap room, I don't see the FA plunge as really that detrimental we just have a lot of good players coming up at once this offseason.

The serious flaw was run defense and they've defended the run just fine today. The offensive line and Rodgers have played like junk. On to Houston.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

That's just not truthful. Not all of the fans wanted it and it doesn't preclude signing only one of those 3. That's hyperbole at best.

Exactly. I have no problem with them signing them. Not loving how they're using them. Preston Smith in particular as you pointed out.

My comments are usually pretty measured and I try to avoid being too reactive, but I’d also like to point out Amos had a pick go right throw his hands.

My two biggest takes from today are:

1) Aaron Rodgers played really bad

2) Mike Pettine is a really bad DC

Yeah, I'll be honest, given the players we had, I never understood the Capers hate. I can't stand Pettine as our DC though. He doesn't seem to adjust to the personnel at all.

I think Montravius Adams has had a decent game.

That's just not truthful. Not all of the fans wanted it and it doesn't preclude signing only one of those 3. That's hyperbole at best.

You're right and it'd be even more true if the Cap wasn't projected to be 50+ million less than it was projected to be.

And a tipped ball that falls to the grass. Just how this game is going. First time all year I've actually seen Preston Smith near the ball in pass coverage.

Archived