Brewer Fanatic

two arbitration-eligble players (including josh hader)

djoctagone
They can trade Josh Hader whenever they want. Pretty sure he doesn’t need to complete the arbitration process first. It doesn’t take a lot of critical thinking by another team to figure out what he will cost. A simple search on MLBTR.com would be enough.

Maybe I am wrong, but I’d think the arbitration process would just transfer to the new team.

the dodgers traded for corey knebel without knowing whether he'll settle ahead of arbitration, or head to arbitration with the team.

the brewers acquired omar narvaez before his 2020 salary was known (but after the mariners had agreed to tender him), and he settled without arbitration.

clubs agree to tender contracts by the arbitration deadline. if a contract isn't reached, then the club and the player head to an arbitration hearing--each with a salary figure. one of those two figures becomes the player's salary for the season . . . no compromising at this point . . . it's one or the other.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They can trade Josh Hader whenever they want. Pretty sure he doesn’t need to complete the arbitration process first. It doesn’t take a lot of critical thinking by another team to figure out what he will cost. A simple search on MLBTR.com would be enough.

Maybe I am wrong, but I’d think the arbitration process would just transfer to the new team.

Agree. This isn't like the Cubs' situation with Bryant last year, when no one knew how many years of service he had left. Teams might actually prefer trading for Hader before his contract is settled, as they may be looking at doing a multi-year deal with him.

With the deals they struck yesterday, I'd guess that the Hader situation is the next thing on the agenda. What they decide to do with him somewhat dictates how they're going to address their other needs.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

• 1 month later...

Archived