Brewer Fanatic

2020 MLB Postseason: AL & NL Division Series

Eye Black

2020 World Champion Miami Marlins sounds about right

Aaaaaaannnd nevermind.

The Braves have a really nice offense and statistically speaking the only other team in the playoffs better than them are the Dodgers and just barely.

Ryan Weathers is two years removed from pitching in high school. The Midwest League is the highest level of professional baseball he has competed in before tonight. He’s now pitching against the Dodgers in the 3rd inning of a scoreless game one of the NLDS. Incredible.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

Not exactly news but CB Buckner should be working slowpitch games down at the y not Major league baseball playoff games.

He is in the top four worst umpires in major league baseball right now.

Was he behind the plate in the Yankees Rays game? If so, yup. He sucks.

Ryan Weathers is two years removed from pitching in high school. The Midwest League is the highest level of professional baseball he has competed in before tonight. He’s now pitching against the Dodgers in the 3rd inning of a scoreless game one of the NLDS. Incredible.

Not even 20 years old and pitching in the majors...and he is from the United States (no advantage of pro ball starting at 16). Rick Porcello and Clayton Kershaw are the most recent US kids to make it that fast as a pitcher....both were slightly younger than Weathers is. Edwin Jackson debuted on his 20th birthday.

I have a friend who is a lifelong Pirates' fan. I texted him today, saying that Tyler Glasnow and Austin Meadows sure look like good players, and that if a team were to trade two can't-miss guys like that, they would probably get a great return back. He told me to **** off! Cannot imagine why.

I have a friend who is a lifelong Pirates' fan. I texted him today, saying that Tyler Glasnow and Austin Meadows sure look like good players, and that if a team were to trade two can't-miss guys like that, they would probably get a great return back. He told me to **** off! Cannot imagine why.

The funny thing is that trade might partly be the Brewers fault. Pirates were 43-49 before the Brewers went to Pittsburgh and got swept in a five-game prior to the All-Star break. The Pirates then won their first five games after the All-Star break as part of an 11 game winning streak and were suddenly back in the playoff race. A week later they made that trade.

I have been rooting for the Padres because they are having fun but they better not start complaining every time a pitcher celebrates. I'll just blame this one on Manny Machado.

MM can cadillac his home runs & flip hits bat, but if someone else celebrates their success it is some huge affront? For an alpha male with hundreds of millions in future guaranteed income, guy sure is fragile.

Almost kinda pulling for the Astros at this point. Now that the Marlins are out of it, a 29-31 WS champion is probably thee most "2020" of the remaining possibilities.

I have been rooting for the Padres because they are having fun but they better not start complaining every time a pitcher celebrates. I'll just blame this one on Manny Machado.

MM can cadillac his home runs & flip hits bat, but if someone else celebrates their success it is some huge affront? For an alpha male with hundreds of millions in future guaranteed income, guy sure is fragile.

Almost kinda pulling for the Astros at this point. Now that the Marlins are out of it, a 29-31 WS champion is probably thee most "2020" of the remaining possibilities.

Anyone but Astros for me. Don't want to legitimize their cheating by allowing people to say, "see, they were good enough to win anyway." Yes, I'm petty. Still salty that there were no repercussions to the players for what happened.

Also, I will never understand why pitchers can celebrate strikeouts, but batters get hit for watching a home run.

Good for the Rays. The small market with no money takes down the team that just spent 300 mil on the pitcher to win that exact game (who of course did great) and found a way to do with a creative pitching strategy not unlike what MKE does.

Hopefully they win it all. On the other hand, it would be kind of stinging to us seeing that it can be done. I also have no beef with LA winning, they deserve with how well they've ran their team for like 10 years now. I guess anyone but Houston.

Archived