Brewer Fanatic

Freddy Peralta

ThisIsMyCrew
We thought Burnes was done as a starter? Speak for yourself, that was never the case for me. I'm a Burnes guy, always have been.

He has way to good of stuff to give up on, what does Houser have?

I don't think Houser will ever be a legit starting option, and you can quote me on that.

I agree with this. If there was a "Burnes is cooked" camp after 2019, it was a small group of people. I think the vast majority of fans here still believed in Burnes and his arm.

He better be in line for a rotation spot over Houser. If he’s not, we’re doing something wrong.

this.

Houser proved he is not a starter, and we continue running him out there, something is definately wrong. Give Freddy a shot, he won't be worse than Houser, and if he isn't ready yet, put him back in the bullpen.

Freddy is 24, he's a kid... He tried the rotation a couple years ago, failed, but he's so young, he deserves another shot.

In 2019, around this time, we thought Burnes was done as a starter. Then 2020 happened, and he was dominant in the rotation.

Not saying Houser's Burnes, but I would not bet against a rebound. He just saw a teammate pull it off.

Right now, Burnes and Woodruff 1-2 in the rotation. Peralta and Houser are probably in the mix with Lauer, Suter, File, and Lindblom.

Rebound to what? Houser has never been a great starter, or even good starter, at any level.

I don't know why we is but I don't think many people thought Burnes was done as a starter after 2019.

My recollection of the consensus on Burnes was that none of us could believe or figure out how he could be as bad as he was with the stuff he has...........it just did not compute.

My feeling was his floor was an average major league starter.........there was no reason for him not to be that good or better.

To me Hauser is a better #5 starter than Peralta is. Peralta is just way to inconsistent in the strike zone and lacks a reliable 2nd or 3rd pitch to be anything more than a 2-3 inning pitcher. I would rather have Hauser as the #5 starter and Peralta in the bullpen. If Peralta could come up with a 2nd and 3rd pitch like a cutter and a change up he would be a far better pitcher. I just don't believe Peralta will be able to develop those pitches to be a better pitcher and to be a starter.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

In the midst of 2019, there were a lot of people calling Burnes a bust and questioning his mental fortitude. Few even wanted him tried in the rotation this year, despite his ST results. I wasn't expecting this big of turn-around, but I've been beating the rebound drum for the last year.

I see Peralta and Hauser as very similar pitchers honestly. They are borderline SPs with good stuff, yet too inconsistent to stick. Both of them should compete to be a starter next year, but neither deserve to have it handed to them. Hopefully, some time at pitching school will help both of them.

Statistically he has been pretty good if he wasn't such a dumpster fire in the first inning, as a starter. A bit strange.

Long term I really don't see him as a reliable starter. He has little ability to locate his pitches....honestly doesn't even look like he tries most of the time.

Archived