Brewer Fanatic

Game 4: Falcons @ Packers - Monday, October 5th, **Time change...again**8:00PM

homer

I'm sure their thinking is that if they keep Davante out of this one, then the bye is next week and he's 100% coming out of the bye. I get it, but at the same time, if a guy is healthy, he should play. These guys want to play and there's no point keeping a healthy guy the sidelines, bye next week or not. If they are treating this game like a gimme, they shouldn't be, because it's not.

With that said I don't know the true medical details and risks of where Davante is at; only Davante and his medical team know that and obviously they do not share the same opinion.

If there's any time for MVS to step up, tonight needs to be the night. TEs should be frequently targeted and Jones should be heavily involved out of the backfield.

It would be nice if St. Brown could ever make it onto a football field.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh, Davante. Please don't be a bufoon like a lot of WR's around the league. Keep your yap shut and get yourself healthy. Something you've been unable to be the last two seasons now.

Billy Turner was recently P-O'd that he was held out of a game where he felt he was good enough to play in, too. Good or bad, this is a pattern with this Packers team/medical staff, particularly when you see players as practice participants for a couple weeks, and warming up on gameday only to be held out. I get being secretive about injuries as a way to keep teams guessing, but this seems more like players are getting frustrated they are being kept off the field in situations where they think they shouldn't be.

There's more to this than just a player venting about not being 100% healthy, and a key one at that. IIRC, Adams felt he was kept out a week or two longer than necessary with his toe injury last season, too.

Not true, Martellus Bennett said our doctors want guys to play injured...

That was one of my first thoughts ...are they over-correcting due to those allegations? (Although, I doubt there was an issue to begin with ... Marty B seemed just fine when Tom Brady was throwing him the ball instead of Brett Hundley)

I don't think there was ever an issue to begin with. There were numerous Packers and ex-Packers that spoke up and contradicted Bennett immediately and say that the Packers training staff wouldn't let a player play through so much as a paper cut.

With only 3 healthy receivers on the roster (MVS, Shepherd, and Taylor), at least one practice squad elevation seems likely today. My guess would be either Reggie Begelton or Robert Foster (the latter of which has some game experience with the Bills).

Oh, Davante. Please don't be a bufoon like a lot of WR's around the league. Keep your yap shut and get yourself healthy. Something you've been unable to be the last two seasons now.

Billy Turner was recently P-O'd that he was held out of a game where he felt he was good enough to play in, too. Good or bad, this is a pattern with this Packers team/medical staff, particularly when you see players as practice participants for a couple weeks, and warming up on gameday only to be held out. I get being secretive about injuries as a way to keep teams guessing, but this seems more like players are getting frustrated they are being kept off the field in situations where they think they shouldn't be.

There's more to this than just a player venting about not being 100% healthy, and a key one at that. IIRC, Adams felt he was kept out a week or two longer than necessary with his toe injury last season, too.

Not true, Martellus Bennett said our doctors want guys to play injured...

lol, that's right - Unfortunately for Martellus, he appears to have been the lone man on the island of players stating the Packers operate that way...I'd need more opinions than his to view that as anything more than bluster from a player who knew the last two years of that contract weren't going to be honored and he was likely on his way out of the league due to a combination of his body breaking down and his proclivity to burn bridges most places he went...both he and his brother have been known to stretch the truth beyond its limits when things don't work out on their end, too.

I think we ball control them to death and hope that they don't do the same to us. Lots of long drives in this one. Kinda the opposite of a normal Rodgers/Ryan game, although Rodgers and Ryan will still be good. 27-23.

I'd like to Begelton to get the nod. See what's there.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

With only 3 healthy receivers on the roster (MVS, Shepherd, and Taylor), at least one practice squad elevation seems likely today. My guess would be either Reggie Begelton or Robert Foster (the latter of which has some game experience with the Bills).

I expect Deguara to be back up tonight, and for them to go heavy quite a bit with him, Tonyan, Lovett and Sternberger. Lewis is doubtful, and that would be a rough loss if he can't play since he so vital to the running game. I also expect to see both Jones and Ervin split out quite a bit. It's going to be a very interesting game plan for sure.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
For what it's worth, Adams deleted his tweet.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I would have enjoyed listening in on that phone call this morning between Adams and Matt Lafleur.

No doubt, that’d be awkward. Though I doubt MLF wakes up and scrolls through player tweets. Either DA typed that and then cooled down a little or his agent (who probably does monitor tweets) reminded him that such pettiness is below DA’s usually high professional standards.

I would have enjoyed listening in on that phone call this morning between Adams and Matt Lafleur.

No doubt, that’d be awkward. Though I doubt MLF wakes up and scrolls through player tweets.

No, probably not LaFleur directly, but I'd bet my next paycheck that the Packers have interns or marketing staff that monitors the players' social media accounts...

It's possible his agent told him to pull it too. Or he just thought better of it.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Frankly, I’m surprised players ever have issues with past tweets from high school haunting them. For the amount of money that’s poured into scouting players, at least let a low level team (or agency) employee scroll through old tweets.

If DA doesn't go tonight (and I'd say it is about a 0.01% chance this was a planned ruse), I'm going to predict a coming out party for Darrius Shepherd. MVS might have a big night if they hit on a couple deep plays, but I think DS will be the one Rodgers trusts among the WRs for the short/intermediate stuff.

Probably also going to be a good night for the three TE-migos: Tonyan, Sternberger, and Degura. I'm guessing that if those 4 people (including DS) catch balls, we still beat Atlanta. If they have the dropsies... I doubt we pull it off.

My biggest concern with inexperienced receivers isn’t the drops, but rather the potential interceptions. Running the wrong route could set up an easy pick and losing a possession in a shootout could be devastating (see Hill, Taysom).

Begelton signed from the practice squad to active roster.

De'Jon Harris and Billy Winn are the two game day adds from the practice squad.

Begelton's time to shine! Been high on him ever since it was announced late last year that they were grabbing him out of the CFL. Will be interesting to see if he gets any field time tonight.

Archived