Brewer Fanatic

Game 4: Falcons @ Packers - Monday, October 5th, **Time change...again**8:00PM

homer
  • Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It didn't look like Jenkins played well last night at guard. I don't watch line play close enough on every play but he seemed to get beat a few times on pass and run.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

It didn't look like Jenkins played well last night at guard. I don't watch line play close enough on every play but he seemed to get beat a few times on pass and run.

Grady Jarrett is a pretty damn good Dlineman - don't think he lined up in front of Jenkins exclusively last night but I'm sure some of those mishaps by Jenkins were related to Jarrett either beating him or disrupting a play where it put Jenkins a little out of position when he was blocking someone else. Plus, there was at least one very questionable holding call on Jenkins where it was more like he just flat out dominated whoever he was blocking.

I don't watch line play close enough on every play

It's really hard to do, which is why it was so awesome last night when the camera followed Linsley taking his guy 10 yards down field on play where Jones was stuffed for no gain. I'm sure they thought they were following the ball carrier, but my son and I were high-fiving as he plays center now and I played it in high school and it was cool to see them highlight a great block (even though I'm sure it wasn't on purpose).

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

That holding call on Jenkins was a joke. His guy fell down the the refs bailed him out. But there were a bunch of missed calls/bad calls by the Refs last night.

- Bak false started (intentionally) to catch his guy jumping offsides - which is supposed to stop play. But the refs let it go (to our benefit). I really hate our guys doing the false start and point routine!

- Bak got a really early jump once or twice on snaps - no flag.

- We were at zero several times on the play clock - no flag.

- Several phantom holds on offense and defense.

- Our WRs start blocking early on WR screens. There is some flexibility here in the 5 yard range, but a couple times we were clearly blocking before the ball left Rodger's hand.

Overall, they seemed even, but not very good overall.

He was beaten badly on the 4th down play on the goal line I believe.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Grady Jarrett is a pretty damn good Dlineman - don't think he lined up in front of Jenkins exclusively last night but I'm sure some of those mishaps by Jenkins were related to Jarrett either beating him or disrupting a play where it put Jenkins a little out of position when he was blocking someone else. Plus, there was at least one very questionable holding call on Jenkins where it was more like he just flat out dominated whoever he was blocking.

I didn't really notice Jenkins getting beat(as someone else mentioned, it's so hard to actually watch the OL unless the they're running it right at a guy or you get a good replay) but this is a good point. Grady Jarrett is probably one of the top 5 interior DL. Maybe the 2nd best and a guy who'd be even more well known if Donald wasn't THAT much better than anyone else like JJ Watt was for a 5-6 year stretch.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

He was beaten badly on the 4th down play on the goal line I believe.

Just went back and looked at that play because I thought the penetration came from the right side, but it was Jenkins. It was Takkarist McKliney...he jumped inside and blew the play up.

Pretty good play and it's why I don't really like when they lineup in the shotgun down there. It feels like you're giving the defense a much better idea where the balls coming. It's going to be inside zone if they run it.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

Snakcs Harrison is visiting on Tuesday.

Source? Everything I'm seeing says Snacks will be in Seattle today and is scheduled to visit Green Bay on Wednesday. I would think there's a chance Seattle doesn't let him leave the building without signing on the dotted line.

And this is exactly what happened. Seattle is signing him ahead of his previously scheduled visit to Green Bay.

Snakcs Harrison is visiting on Tuesday.

Source? Everything I'm seeing says Snacks will be in Seattle today and is scheduled to visit Green Bay on Wednesday. I would think there's a chance Seattle doesn't let him leave the building without signing on the dotted line.

And this is exactly what happened. Seattle is signing him ahead of his previously scheduled visit to Green Bay.

He didn't think he'd get an actual 53-man spot in Green Bay, and chose to take a practice squad deal with Seattle? Who is advising him? Has that person looked at the Packers' D-line depth chart?

It may be that Snacks wants a paycheck and doesn't really want to do much to get it.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

He didn't think he'd get an actual 53-man spot in Green Bay, and chose to take a practice squad deal with Seattle? Who is advising him? Has that person looked at the Packers' D-line depth chart?

The practice squad signing is a formality. Per new NFL rules, new signings have to have 6 days of negative COVID tests to even enter the building, which means that Harrison isn't going to be able to play this weekend for the Seahawks anyway. Why waste a 53-man spot on a guy who won't be eligible to be up this weekend? They'll likely elevate him next Monday.

The practice squad signing is a formality. Per new NFL rules, new signings have to have 6 days of negative COVID tests to even enter the building, which means that Harrison isn't going to be able to play this weekend for the Seahawks anyway. Why waste a 53-man spot on a guy who won't be eligible to be up this weekend? They'll likely elevate him next Monday.

Ah, thanks! That makes WAAAAY more sense.

I'd heard months ago he did not want to play in Green Bay and only would have as a last resort. Could have been hot air and money talks but I read it somewhere.

A fan asked him on Twitter why Green Bay hasn’t inquired about his services and his response was basically that they had indeed inquired. I interpreted that to mean the Packers and Harrison were far apart on a contract.

I think the planned GB visit was leverage to get more money from Seattle.

Archived