Brewer Fanatic

Game 4: Falcons @ Packers - Monday, October 5th, **Time change...again**8:00PM

homer
  • Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol at the announcers "Ryan just doesn't have the supporting cast around him"

At the start of the game they made a big deal about their Oline being all 1st rounders, then they have Julio Jones and Calvin freaking Ridley...

Defensively sure, they stink - but they are maddeningly inconsistent offensively despite having some studs all over that side of the ball. Ryan just is past his prime and isn't nearly as dynamic as other QB's in the league right now.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Nice game. Defense was decent considering how many people were out. Getting Clark back and maybe signing Snacks could make the next 12 games really interesting. We are pretty good against the pass...just being average against the run would make a big difference.

Atlanta is who we thought they were. We should’ve beat them worse than it was. Long term injuries will be the only thing that derails this team from a legit shot at winning the whole thing.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Davante Adams in his best Adam Sandler voice entering the locker room after the game after predicting an L tonight because he was out of the lineup: “ I’m sorry baby. I didn't mean that. I just yell 'cause I get so scared. Scared of being a nobody.”

Packers going to move to 5-0 without him over the past two seasons.

You don't seem to like Davante Adams very much.

Every once in awhile, try laughing. I like him a lot actually. But the guy acted dumb and deserves the ribbing that is more than likely coming from his teammates. I think he will be okay...

I laugh a lot. At things that are funny. I think Davante will be ok too. I am not sure why he is going to get a ribbing from his teammates for being frustrated that he couldn't play tonight, but maybe. I don't know. Do you really like him? I mean, you did say that Lazard would be the bigger loss. :tongue

Anyway, to your point, it's obviously great that the Packers have shown they can move the ball and score without Adams. Tonyan is really starting to emerge, and Jamaal Williams is showing that even with Aaron Jones running the backfield, he is still an important part of this offense.

And #12 is just playing on another level right now. He looks like an MVP again.

Quick list so I don't forget things overnight:

1)For a team that we all thought lacked WR talent coming into the season, they sure don't seem to lack pass catchers. Who, in their wildest dreams, could have thought that Adams and Lazard would go down and we'd still score seemingly at will? Kudos to the staff for knowing what they had in Tonyan and for utilizing guys like Williams in the passing game so well tonight.

2)The Falcons.... yech. Quinn is a dead man walking. That was a team that 3-4 years ago had an MVP QB, two very good tandem backs, two elite WRs, etc and they blew a Super Bowl. Now, that talent has bled away and they're left with an aging star receiver, and an old looking QB. Terrible defensive talent and coaching and an offensive scheme so bland it would make Barry Alvarez proud = 2nd NFL coaching vacancy. Soon.

3)The defense is... doing what it take to win? Granted, I don't know how that Falcons team even HAD those big leads to lose after watching them today, but they held them to 16 points despite a LOT of injuries during the game.

4)That said, I really, really hate the 'game is basically over but we'll give up a 75-yard TD drive in 2 minutes just to make it interesting' that they seem to have in all of these games.

5)Speaking of injuries, I really don't like the early byes, but it feels like this comes at a good time in that regard. A lot of banged up guys tonight. I'm hopeful that 2 weeks gets Clark and Adams back on the field at the very least. Kind of sucks to have it come when you're on such a roll, but I think it's a good fit for them here.

6)A nice 8 tackle, 3 sack night for Z, who was around the ball a ton tonight.

7)Tonyan.

8)These night games are not ideal in my mind, so having two of them in consecutive weeks.... ugh.

9)Bad night for the refs for 'assuming there was a penalty' a few times. Seemed like the umpire especially was 'assuming' an illegal block in the line play without the penalty actually happening at least twice tonight.

Have a bad habit of losing contain.

Yeah, and the biggest culprit this year is Za'Darius.

People have their opinions on Capers, but the thing he had guys doing up front was maintaining gap integrity.

Z shoots inside like Clay used to a lot, but the DL are terrible at it. Clark is as well when he plays, he just abuses the centers so badly that he can break up a play.

That front 5 is still a bit of a concern, but Keke's been coming along, so....

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

Honest question, is Alton Smith still a Packer?

He’s a Cowboy, I think?

And he's gonna be the comeback player of the year. 5 years out of the league and he's the Cowboys best pass rusher.

Still a shame. That guy had legit HOF talent and his issues cost him his prime.

As for Preston Smith, I think he'll get going. He hasn't had the impact plays, but he's a steady player, good vs the run.

I hope the front office doesn't get complacent though, this team is still seriously lacking on the DL. They need more than Clark and Keke if they're gonna be able to get Rodgers a 2nd ring.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

Snakcs Harrison is visiting on Tuesday.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

It was nice to see the Packers be innovative when guys go down rather than plugging in guys, doing the same thing and saying "next man up"

What's going on with both the Packers and Cowboys is not a great look for Mike McCarthy.

With that said, the Cowboys aren't having a problem moving the ball and scoring, which is generally seen as MMs role. Mike Nolan was brought in for the defensive side.

With THAT said, MM is the guy who decided to hire Nolan, knowing full well his track record.

Source? Everything I'm seeing says Snacks will be in Seattle today and is scheduled to visit Green Bay on Wednesday. I would think there's a chance Seattle doesn't let him leave the building without signing on the dotted line.

I got the day wrong.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Source? Everything I'm seeing says Snacks will be in Seattle today and is scheduled to visit Green Bay on Wednesday. I would think there's a chance Seattle doesn't let him leave the building without signing on the dotted line.

I got the day wrong.

Get it together.

Get it together.

giphy.gif

I laugh a lot. At things that are funny. I think Davante will be ok too. I am not sure why he is going to get a ribbing from his teammates for being frustrated that he couldn't play tonight, but maybe. I don't know. Do you really like him? I mean, you did say that Lazard would be the bigger loss. :tongue

Anyway, to your point, it's obviously great that the Packers have shown they can move the ball and score without Adams. Tonyan is really starting to emerge, and Jamaal Williams is showing that even with Aaron Jones running the backfield, he is still an important part of this offense.

Are you saying I'm not funny?!? Mean. :laughing I think if I had a teammate that blurted out on Twitter that we would take an "L" because he was out of the lineup and then we hung another 30 spot on a team and won the game, he might hear a couple zingers his way that next week. It doesn't make Adam's a bad guy. Just a really dumb thing to say outloud or on Twitter. I do think Lazard has more of an impact on the entire offense for the Packers. It wasn't do dog on Adam's at all but to recognize all the small things Lazard does that do go unnoticed a lot of the time. Do I think he is a better pass catcher? No. I think that would be pretty foolish to think. But maybe Lazard's loss won't be felt as much as I thought if we end up having actual tight ends that can do what they did last night.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Are you saying I'm not funny?!? Mean. :laughing I think if I had a teammate that blurted out on Twitter that we would take an "L" because he was out of the lineup and then we hung another 30 spot on a team and won the game, he might hear a couple zingers his way that next week. It doesn't make Adam's a bad guy. Just a really dumb thing to say outloud or on Twitter. I do think Lazard has more of an impact on the entire offense for the Packers. It wasn't do dog on Adam's at all but to recognize all the small things Lazard does that do go unnoticed a lot of the time. Do I think he is a better pass catcher? No. I think that would be pretty foolish to think. But maybe Lazard's loss won't be felt as much as I thought if we end up having actual tight ends that can do what they did last night.

I think you're a funny guy. Just not in this particular instance. ;)

I like Lazard as well. Not as much as Adams obviously, but it's true that the blocking prowess of Lazard in addition to his pass catching abilities serves this offense well.

Should get Adams back after the bye which will be welcome. Lazard sounds like it could be anywhere from a month to the rest of the season. Hopefully it will be on the short end.

Anyone know anything about when/if ESB is ever going to get on the field?

I think Lancaster actually played pretty well last night. Hope that continues.

Archived