Brewer Fanatic

Game 4: Falcons @ Packers - Monday, October 5th, **Time change...again**8:00PM

homer
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
gONIG4H.jpeg
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lazard being injured could be rough. Does a lot overall including blocking.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Lazard being injured could be rough. Does a lot overall including blocking.

Yeah...he does a ton. He'll seal the edge and block down on a Cam Jordan one play, then beat Lattimore over the top on the next.

I think the Packers struggle in this one if Julio plays. Ridley's been a stud this year and while they've choked BADLY, they've also blown out Dallas and Chicago in the 1st half.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

I’d take every game at noon if I could. Hate late night ones.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Tomorrow seems like the very definition of a trap game. Atlanta is obviously much more talented than their 0-3 record. We should still be able to score plenty of points against their D assuming Adams is a go, but the Falcons have the offense to force a track meet. Hopefully our defense can come up with a big turnover or a couple timely sacks to tip this one in our favor.

Tomorrow seems like the very definition of a trap game. Atlanta is obviously much more talented than their 0-3 record. We should still be able to score plenty of points against their D assuming Adams is a go, but the Falcons have the offense to force a track meet. Hopefully our defense can come up with a big turnover or a couple timely sacks to tip this one in our favor.

Yeah, GB has struggled in these type of games right before a bye that many expected them to win when doing so would stake a stranglehold on conference standings - I'm sure its 20/20 hindsight, but they always seem to hold out a few too many players in these games that would otherwise be on the field as a way of giving them extra rest to be in better health after the bye. They had that bad loss at home against the Eagles before their bye last year on a thursday night. To me tomorrow night's game has that sort of feel heading into it...

The Falcons are stuck in the same rut the Packers were...with Ryan instead of Rodgers. They've got weapons, they've got a talented offense, but they don't have much on defense outside of a couple of studs like Grady Jarrett or Deion Jones(who isn't very good vs the run).

But they've got enough with Ryan,Ridley and Julio to beat the Packers on any given Sunday. It's a subjective term, but I look at a trap game as a game where the other team shouldn't beat you unless you play poorly/flat. But I could see the Falcons just playing well, putting up 35+ on the Packers and winning.

Also....sooner or later, a team's going to decide maybe throwing the ball after their #1 back is gashing the Packers for 10 YPC isn't the best idea on 1st down.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

Tom Pelissero is reporting that both Julio Jones and Calvin Ridley are going to play tonight, despite both being listed as questionable. If anyone has a birthday coming up, please use your wish on Jaire Alexander playing tonight (or a COVID vaccine ... up to you).

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Adams is out (against his wishes apparently).

MLF gonna have to get funky with those formations.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

The offense won't skip a beat. Packers put up 35+ again tonight.

Adams just deleted his own tweet. He probably sensed it was a little unprofessional to vent publicly in that manner (though I hardly blame him).

Adams just deleted his own tweet. He probably sensed it was a little unprofessional to vent publicly in that manner (though I hardly blame him).

With how secretive Lafleur is with injury news, he's was probably pissed. That's been really my only gripe with Lafleur so far. I guess it can be argued that he does it for competitive purposes, but it still irks me that he just can't come out and give any sort of injury updates on players.

Oh, Davante. Please don't be a bufoon like a lot of WR's around the league. Keep your yap shut and get yourself healthy. Something you've been unable to be the last two seasons now.

Oh, Davante. Please don't be a bufoon like a lot of WR's around the league. Keep your yap shut and get yourself healthy. Something you've been unable to be the last two seasons now.

He's the furthest thing from a buffoon. The guy is nothing like other prima donna WRs that have come and gone throughout the league. Just a family man with a great attitude and work ethic.

I think a pass is in order. These guys are still human beings and I'm sure he's frustrated.

Billy Turner was recently P-O'd that he was held out of a game where he felt he was good enough to play in, too. Good or bad, this is a pattern with this Packers team/medical staff, particularly when you see players as practice participants for a couple weeks, and warming up on gameday only to be held out. I get being secretive about injuries as a way to keep teams guessing, but this seems more like players are getting frustrated they are being kept off the field in situations where they think they shouldn't be.

There's more to this than just a player venting about not being 100% healthy, and a key one at that. IIRC, Adams felt he was kept out a week or two longer than necessary with his toe injury last season, too.

He's the furthest thing from a buffoon. The guy is nothing like other prima donna WRs that have come and gone throughout the league. Just a family man with a great attitude and work ethic.

I think a pass is in order. These guys are still human beings and I'm sure he's frustrated.

I'm not calling for a beheading. I'm asking him to shut it. It's so annoying that these guys run to Twitter with their feelings.

I'm not calling for a beheading. I'm asking him to shut it. It's so annoying that these guys run to Twitter with their feelings.

Well, it's 2020. Any personal thought that a famous person has instantly becomes public record on Twitter.

Billy Turner was recently P-O'd that he was held out of a game where he felt he was good enough to play in, too. Good or bad, this is a pattern with this Packers team/medical staff, particularly when you see players as practice participants for a couple weeks, and warming up on gameday only to be held out. I get being secretive about injuries as a way to keep teams guessing, but this seems more like players are getting frustrated they are being kept off the field in situations where they think they shouldn't be.

There's more to this than just a player venting about not being 100% healthy, and a key one at that. IIRC, Adams felt he was kept out a week or two longer than necessary with his toe injury last season, too.

Not true, Martellus Bennett said our doctors want guys to play injured...

Agreed. There’s hardly a pattern here. It’s frustrating for him. It’s frustrating for fans. A win tonight would really smooth things over.

Archived