Brewer Fanatic

2020-10-01 (NL Wild Card Series): Brewers (Woodruff) at Dodgers (Kershaw) [Brewers lose, 3-0 -- Offensive struggles continue to the very end]

Eye Black
  • Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That Woodruff changeup to Betts, WOW.

It’s sort of amazing a guy can go from struggling as a college pitcher where he came out of the bullpen just as many times as he started, gets drafted in the 11th round, then develops into a one of the better starting pitchers in professional baseball.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

It is so disheartening watching this offense. I get that Kershaw is a tough customer, but it's been more or less the same story against anyone.

Our pitching is good enough to give us a chance in a short series if our bats showed any signs of life whatsoever.

When Healy is a third shift manager at the Walmart on Rinaldi street in a couple of years, do you think he will tell whomever is willing to listen that he once batted cleanup in an MLB playoff game?

Could make a hell of a sports trivia question in about a decade

I am not even sure where you start on the offense next year, but yeah it needs an overhaul.

One of the downsides to a weak farm system is having nothing- literally nothing in the pipeline for help on the way. At least not in 2021.

Yelich and Hiura are your only two guys to build around, really. You've got to hope for improvement there. Garcia has to get another shot, and hopefully Cain has another good year in him. 1B, 3B, one OF spot, and maybe even C are all in question for next year. I'm fine bringing back Vogelbach -- just keep expectations in check.

Archived