Brewer Fanatic

2020-10-01 (NL Wild Card Series): Brewers (Woodruff) at Dodgers (Kershaw) [Brewers lose, 3-0 -- Offensive struggles continue to the very end]

Eye Black
  • Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In 2020, is 10 strikeouts in 6 innings, against a AAA lineup, really a "masterpiece?"

Nice guy and all, but hopefully, Nottingham can change into street clothes now, and that'll be his last time in a Brewer uniform...Healy, too...and Peterson...and Sogard...and on and on...

"So if this fruit's a Brewer's fan, his ass gotta be from Wisconsin...(or Chicago)."

In 2020, is 10 strikeouts in 6 innings, against a AAA lineup, really a "masterpiece?"

Nice guy and all, but hopefully, Nottingham can change into street clothes now, and that'll be his last time in a Brewer uniform...Healy, too...and Peterson...and Sogard...and on and on...

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. To be fair, this is probably the first time he’s seen the Brewers this year so he probably still think Yelich is good, Braun can play, etc.

Well I've watched him play, he doesn't have a strong arm and that play was another example of it. There are many other problems with his game as well but this one in particular likely cost us a game.

Maybe check again...

Link #1

Link #2

Lol, and neither of them got there on the fly, and only one resulted in an out. Boy if those are the highlights, I'd hate to see the blooper real

You said he had a “noodle arm”. If you think those are noodle throws, than I think we can probably just drop the conversation. I guess if your barometer doesn’t actually take into account speed or distance of a throw and is solely based on whether or not an infielder skips a throw across the diamond, than it tells me everything I need to know about the evaluation.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

For all the injuries on the pitching side, the pitching really has been fine this game and last. Our offense is just unbelievably crappy. I still can't get my head around Healy batting cleanup. I guess this is a season to laugh off.

And yeah I know I said I hadn't given up yet, but that was last inning. Now i'm pretty apathetic, I think I'll play some PS4 or something to take my mind off of baseball.

Can’t believe it’s been that long! Been lurking for years and decided to make an appearance since everyone else was. Surprised I figured out my password.

Misery loves company.

It could be worse. We could be Reds fans. We at least put up a couple runs this series.

Community Moderator
Can’t believe it’s been that long! Been lurking for years and decided to make an appearance since everyone else was. Surprised I figured out my password.

Misery loves company.

It could be worse. We could be Reds fans. We at least put up a couple runs this series.

And the division champion Cubs are in danger of getting eliminated by the Marlins :)

With the injuries or the Brewers, “it’s not a fair fight”

Sorry Kurkijan, with the payroll discrepancy it’ll never be a fair fight.

Clapclapclapclapclap!

By the way, it only rained here in Chicago for about 10 minutes today. They could have played this afternoon...easily. With New York already eliminating the Indians, you just KNOW that MLB/ESPN wanted one of the Favored Five (Yankees, Cubs, Cardinals, Red Sox and Dodgers) in prime time tomorrow night.

"So if this fruit's a Brewer's fan, his ass gotta be from Wisconsin...(or Chicago)."

I ain't even mad. Watching this team play was like nails on a chalkboard. I hated this team before the season even started and it's DS's fault. He better let these ham and eggers he signed go and step his game up this winter.

I hope they don't try to spin this as a successful season because they made the playoffs. That was nothing but circumstantial, this team went 29-33 and frankly performed well under that record.

For a couple of individuals, namely Corbin Burnes and Devin Williams, this was a successful season, but this was not a successful team season and there is nothing to celebrate.

They have a lot of work to do and if they try to just chalk it up to a weird season they're probably going to be disappointed again in 2021.

Before I call it a night I just want to reiterate. Ryan Healy was so bad, he couldn't make it on the active roster for more than a couple of days all season. That same guy hit cleanup for us tonight. As the DH. Come on CC.

Before I call it a night I just want to reiterate. Ryan Healy was so bad, he couldn't make it on the active roster for more than a couple of days all season. That same guy hit cleanup for us tonight. As the DH. Come on CC.

Healy hitting cleanup was the least of this offense's worries tonight. At least he's made contact up there.

Fire Haines Please! Taking Kershaw's meatball FBs and then getting schooled on the Breaking pitches. Great, Great, scouting report and strategy. Yeah Arcia was out on the 1st pitch but he put the ball in play and nearly to the warning track. Kershaw is just up there like this is so easy.

I'm not saying they're terrible throws, it's just they're highlights, I can bring up a sweet double play highlight from Betancourt from a few years ago too. There have been a number of plays not made this year too, by him and others in our infield. Maybe part of the reason for all the complaints about infield hits a few weeks ago.

Fire Haines Please! Taking Kershaw's meatball FBs and then getting schooled on the Breaking pitches. Great, Great, scouting report and strategy. Yeah Arcia was out on the 1st pitch but he put the ball in play and nearly to the warning track. Kershaw is just up there like this is so easy.

Kershaw is really good though, even if we had a top flight offense, I wouldn't expect more than a run or two off of him through 7.

Just a thought. Maybe they should have let Woody bat tonight instead of Healy. Woody has actually taken Kershaw deep before.

I’m sort of curious whether Woodruff has held a bat since Spring Training. I assume when the season went to the universal DH they just punted on the pitchers doing any sort of batting practice.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Archived